What keeps you motivated?

???

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

For me it helps to visualize where I want to be in 2, 6, 10 weeks down the road and how good it feels to accomplish something like that.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

The hotties in spandex at my gym don't hurt either.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
The hotties in spandex at my gym don't hurt either.
haha...What keeps me motivated is a few things. One: The results I have seen this year from really working out hard and eating healthy. Two: How I feel after I work out. Three: The hot buff guys at the gym. Hi I'm Ashley and my problem is I'm obsessed with buff guys. Four: This sounds mean, but seeing the "bigger" women at the gym because it makes me want to work out so I won't ever be like that. I have to give them credit though, at least they are at the gym trying so don't get too mad at my comment.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:56 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Motivation for me....

1. The natural high and self confidence working out instills in me. Which seems to last longer than any compliment ever bestowed on me.

2. The reminder that I'm stuck with this body for my entire existance on this planet and I better be a good housekeeper.

3. The knowledge that my goals are attainable and that progress is seen everyday.

Those are off the top of my head...oh and the visual aid of success provided by some fitness models/magazine/celebrities helps as well.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 12:38 AM
dispatching aero planes

I want to kick bkennims ass

no, really I don't know, I want to accomplish my goals, but whenever I get close I just bump up my goals.
and the most important

Once you are satisfied, you will have to start all over.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by RCobracon94
I want to kick bkennims ass

no, really I don't know, I want to accomplish my goals, but whenever I get close I just bump up my goals.
and the most important

Once you are satisfied, you will have to start all over.
There is such a thing as satisfaction?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:36 AM

What motivates me:

1. Actually seeing improvement, and FEELING it.

2. When others tell me that I'm looking better.

3. This girl named Mia who works out close to everyday. She's so hot! (there's some others too) I think she's married though.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 11:25 PM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:

There is such a thing as satisfaction?
there is not such a thing, sorry I worded it wrong, I want to get cut...I have a pretty good muscle base right now, but my mid section is pretty thick from doing squats and deadlifts, so it makes it look even worse with the layer of fat I am storing there. I am doing good on my nutrition plan right now and have dropped a similar 3 pounds to [email protected]'11"...the hard part for me is eating here at work. They order out everynight (food is paid for by the company) and they eat at shitty places. Last night was esparzas...chicken sandwich with rice instead of fries...threw the bread away and made some chicken tacos. Tonight Joes Crab shack...shrimp and shrimp combo with double grilled shrimp and rice...so I am doing pretty good but it is tough to find stuff at resteraunts to eat.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by RCobracon94

there is not such a thing, sorry I worded it wrong, I want to get cut...I have a pretty good muscle base right now, but my mid section is pretty thick from doing squats and deadlifts, so it makes it look even worse with the layer of fat I am storing there. I am doing good on my nutrition plan right now and have dropped a similar 3 pounds to [email protected]'11"...the hard part for me is eating here at work. They order out everynight (food is paid for by the company) and they eat at shitty places. Last night was esparzas...chicken sandwich with rice instead of fries...threw the bread away and made some chicken tacos. Tonight Joes Crab shack...shrimp and shrimp combo with double grilled shrimp and rice...so I am doing pretty good but it is tough to find stuff at resteraunts to eat.
You just need to learn to be ultra picky and not be afraid to make special request. Tell them to cut out the butter and/or oil (a little olive oil is okay, but they usually saturate the meat) and dry grill whatever. Get light or non-fat dressings and ask them to skip the cheese. It can be a pain, but your body is worth it.

Last edited by Big A; 05-22-2002 at 09:17 AM.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 07:52 PM

motivation....

since i am in highschool a major thing is having a nice body or huge biceps and chest with cut abs. i started working out in january and since then ive had quite a few compliments from my friends. In fact since then, ive motivated about 6 or 7 of my friends to start working out. My biceps got bigger and i definitely got stronger in the chest area. Plus, its never bad when a girl says "nice body."
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Lifer

I usually work out with a partner/spotter, and he started out stronger than me...

Him being stronger than I am really makes me strive for the extra weight...I've just about caught up to him, and staying ahead of him will be my next..

Also, I wrote down what I lifted on my first week (last week), and hopefully in a few weeks, I'll look back at it and laugh, which will make me see my improvements, and I'll realize that 2hrs a day, 6 days a week isn't such a waste of time...

I too am trying to get more cut. I'm about [email protected]'11, but it is all in my legs (football/baseball). My upper body is broad, and I've got strong arms, but they just aren't as cut as my lower half...so say I'm in my shorts swimming, my legs look awesome, and my upper body needs some work, as well as my lower back...

Shawn
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Rach

I'm a dancer...and you can't get anywhere professionally without being either extremely skinny or extremely toned. And since I am not built to be extremely skinny, lol, I have to go for toned and muscular. So I just think of how cute Im going to look in a Dallas Mavericks Dancer uniform and go from there!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:54 PM
mannish boy

the fact that I live in a society where stupid people are protected from themselves and are allowed and encouraged to breed more stupid people and that if I don't focus my rage on lifting, I will end up dead or in jail...

Forrest
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 02:57 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Forrest
the fact that I live in a society where stupid people are protected from themselves and are allowed and encouraged to breed more stupid people and that if I don't focus my rage on lifting, I will end up dead or in jail...

Forrest
Haha! Thats great Forest. I think I am going to add that to my motivational thoughts while working out.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 05:11 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
My motivation for working out are.

1) hearing the things that were said about me about a yr ago

2) not wanting to live like this anymore

3) I love the feeling after a good work out

4) I love hearing from the people that know me best telling me if it is working or not. I have no clue if it is or not.

5) I don't have anything better to do, so why not work out. I have no life

6) this is about the only thing I got to take out my anger, and it also helps when I am depressed or sad.

7) I am getting tired of looking the way I look.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Motivational pic time! (well, certainly for me atleast) Yes, I know I was/am a dork so please keep the negative comment to a minimum, you might hurt my fragile ego...

First is my ultimate "way before" shot. This is my and I family on vacation in Litchfield S. Carolina, which I consider to be one of my favorite experiences (ironically, being in a bathing suit was one of my least favorite experiences). At 14, 5'9", and 185lbs, I didn't have genetics or my voracious appetite on my side.
(cousins, me, uncle, Mom, brother)

Here's me back in highschool, shortly after I decided to make a change for the better. I was heavy, un-happy, and dateless and needed some confidence, bad. As a food-aholic, my diet didn't change much, but I started doing sit-ups, push-ups, stretching, and jogging to get down to around 170.

I do have some more recent "before" shots from the previous two summers(200-2001), but I'm gonna save those for when I'm ready for my most recent "after". It's been an interesting and difficult journey, but well worth it.

Last edited by Big A; 05-28-2002 at 10:05 AM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:36 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Wow! You've come along way, Aaron.

Can't wait to see the newer pics of you and your progress. Keep at it man.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Oops, damn red X's. Got 'em fixed now.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Oops, damn red X's. Got 'em fixed now.
I don't even think that's you! How long ago was that?

Last edited by Lethal; 05-28-2002 at 11:42 AM.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

I was 14 and 17 respectively. The first pic was from '91 and the second two from '94. Trust me, that's me, I've got the dateless past to prove it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:00 PM

Where are the present day pics Aaron? jk
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover
Where are the present day pics Aaron? jk
Check in the pic forum in that girls thread, I'm in there somewhere...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 03:01 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
got a new motovation today for keeping my work out going.

today I went to look for a shirt for tomorrow and low and behold I was down 1 size so I got curious and checked out some pants too. bam down 2 sizes so I know it is working for me so now I am going to make sure I don't slack off
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 09:13 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

i like the pain, suffering and hurt you feel afterwards.. that dull ache you feel threw your entire torso 2 days after a chest work out.. i get great motivation watching juice monkeys trying to outlife me and fail miserably..

one thing i do at the momeny for instant motivation is music.. nothing gets me amped up like "super beast" by white zombie.
d.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 12:52 PM
86coupe5.0

Thumbs up motivation

What motivates most is seeing an old friend from school or something like that and they don't recognize you because you have changed so much. This may sound wrong but it is my opinion, I don't feel sorry for anyone who is obese or fat anymore, I know now for sure if I personally can do it anyone can. This time last year I was at 250 lbs FAT NASTY, now with a healthy diet and busting my tail six days a week in the gym things will change. Oh, Xenadrine really does work. It helped my drop 50 lbs in little over 5 mos, now I am standing at 6 ft 200 lbs pretty solid. It is always good to have a workout partner that is gonna keep you going. Also, there is a such thing as satisfactory, it is just the way you feel. Setting goals for yourself and when you come close to them you raise them is a good thing. It is only gonna make you bigger and better. I give much props to anybody here that is really busting their tail in the gym. For those that just go, you have to start somewhere. JUST DON'T EVER QUIT. As far as dieting goes, for me , I have found that I can eat whatever whenever as long as the fat grams are farely low.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 11:51 PM

i like the way everyone respects you whey they see your hard work (body) it shows motivation, detication and drive, with out saying a word, not to metnion the envy of all the other guys on the beach when theyr fine ass wife gets all wet over me! i love the feeling of being the best looking guy in a group it makes me feel accomplished and i always remember that "they" can strip you of everthing, career, money, family, anthing you love, even your clothes but the one thing you still have when all thats gone....................your body, its a machine that produces success and if you can succede like you have to build your body than being stripped of all can be only a speed bump or a pot hole in your journey because youll be back and thats something i remember everyday when im reminded of my work as i pump away in the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what motivates you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement