Goals? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Question Goals?

Does anybody have any overall goals they are trying to reach? I'm trying to hit 200 lbs. @ 7-9% body fat.

Right now I'm 193 lbs. @ 13%. Still a little ways to go, but I remember starting at a little over 170 lbs, so I know that I'm progressing. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Hired Hand

Re: Goals?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
Does anybody have any overall goals they are trying to reach? I'm trying to hit 200 lbs. @ 7-9% body fat.

Right now I'm 193 lbs. @ 13%. Still a little ways to go, but I remember starting at a little over 170 lbs, so I know that I'm progressing. =)
Sounds like we are at about the same spot, I am just under 200lbs at 5'10 and at about 12 or so %b.f. For me the short term plan is to convert about 5-10lbs over to muscle and to get my abs to come through for the warmer weather coming up. On the distant horizon I see myself at about 220-230lbs and 10-12% "off-season" and diet down to about 205 for contest. I am trying to stay natural so it may be a few years before I hit those numbers, but well worth the wait IMO.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Goals?

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
Sounds like we are at about the same spot, I am just under 200lbs at 5'10 and at about 12 or so %b.f. For me the short term plan is to convert about 5-10lbs over to muscle and to get my abs to come through for the warmer weather coming up. On the distant horizon I see myself at about 220-230lbs and 10-12% "off-season" and diet down to about 205 for contest. I am trying to stay natural so it may be a few years before I hit those numbers, but well worth the wait IMO.
I'm 6', so I'm not even sure if 200 is the actual weight for the physique I want. Guess I'll know when I get there. =)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Hired Hand

Re: Re: Re: Goals?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal

I'm 6', so I'm not even sure if 200 is the actual weight for the physique I want. Guess I'll know when I get there. =)
If you are anything like me it will never be enough. I remember when I used to think 200 was HUGE... It's like horsepwer, too much is never enough.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 04:03 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Yeah, I have goals. They're a bit long term. Im not looking at instant changes just consistant and steady imporovement over the long haul. Nutritional lifestyle has changed and I think I am past my cravings for this and that ( I can't believe how sweet Coke is when you havent had in awhile and you take a taste of it on accident!) . I find myself wanting the items I am already consuming. Boy do I have myself fooled.

And since I'm a woman, Im not going to mention my weight or body fat. ....I honestly don't care if my weight drops any at all, although ten pounds would be nice. ...Im just looking into dropping my BF a few percentage points and regaining definition and form. Ive made a huge improvement with my diet and noticed some great chol, trig, HDL, and LDL levels. Also with the supplements, I havent noticed any adverse increase in my liver enzymes.

I think I'm on the right track again with my metabolism because Im starting to notice small improvements and its enough motivation to keep me focused and determined.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Yeah, I have goals. They're a bit long term. Im not looking at instant changes just consistant and steady imporovement over the long haul. Nutritional lifestyle has changed and I think I am past my cravings for this and that ( I can't believe how sweet Coke is when you havent had in awhile and you take a taste of it on accident!) . I find myself wanting the items I am already consuming. Boy do I have myself fooled.

And since I'm a woman, Im not going to mention my weight or body fat. ....I honestly don't care if my weight drops any at all, although ten pounds would be nice. ...Im just looking into dropping my BF a few percentage points and regaining definition and form. Ive made a huge improvement with my diet and noticed some great chol, trig, HDL, and LDL levels. Also with the supplements, I havent noticed any adverse increase in my liver enzymes.

I think I'm on the right track again with my metabolism because Im starting to notice small improvements and its enough motivation to keep me focused and determined.
You got it goin' on Karen, the only true way to lose bodyfat and keep it off is exctly what you are doing, a lifestyle change. To me "diet" is a bad word and is completely misunderstood due to the money hungry health and fitness industry. EVERYBODY has a diet, as your diet is what you eat, but changes to body composition are only as permanent the changes to that said diet. You can do it Karen, sugar and saturated fats aew evil!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 06:14 PM
Hired Hand

Patience is a virtue, but it sure does get hard some times... mmmmmmm pizza....

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 08:33 PM

My goal is to loose about 7 lbs and get my abs toned up. I'm not really trying to gain muscle mass anymore. I never want to end up like this nasty unfeminine buff woman I saw at my gym yesterday.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:32 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:

You got it goin' on Karen, the only true way to lose bodyfat and keep it off is exctly what you are doing, a lifestyle change. To me "diet" is a bad word and is completely misunderstood due to the money hungry health and fitness industry. EVERYBODY has a diet, as your diet is what you eat, but changes to body composition are only as permanent the changes to that said diet. You can do it Karen, sugar and saturated fats aew evil!
Thanks Aaron! I truly appreciate the encouragement and support. Nice to have someone understand my madness and not tell me Im crazy or that my methods are perhaps inhummane. It definelty does help during those tough times....hmmmmm hamburgers.

And you're absolutely right...the fitness world is crazy and confusing. They have a quick gimmick for everyone. Anything to beatdown on the wanting and hopeful. ::shakes head::

The misinformation they feed the masses just kills me. I wouldnt be surprised to see them bottle water and try and pass it off as "The Fountain of Youth found in the high mountains of Chile".

Oh yeah....fiber...is my friend....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Goals?

Quote:
If you are anything like me it will never be enough. I remember when I used to think 200 was HUGE... It's like horsepwer, too much is never enough.
I'm setting 200 as a goal, but I'm more concerned with the shape I take. If I could achieve it at the weight I'm at now, I would. But I know it' not possible. =)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
You and Karen are right. My diet is the biggest struggle I have now. I don't eat the proper portions throughout the day, just eat when I'm hungry. Add the fact that I still eat crap, and that just makes things harder. Since I was in the middle of moving and being the only web person at work now, things have been bad for my fitness and I really need to get back on track.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:48 AM
Hired Hand

You can do it Jeremy, just put your mind to it and slowly begin to make better nutritional choices. it takes time, but is well worth it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement