Pro Complex protein powder - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Pro Complex protein powder

Greyhorse, I'm looking for some Pro Complex Protein. I didn't see it on your site.

This is the best price I can find for it from a quick search:

$53.53

From here:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...questid=247905

And that includes shipping.

Let me know what you can do man. Just want to be a customer because I've heard nothing but great reviews.

Oh yeah, I know where I can get it locally for $54.99 + tax locally.
poopnut2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 AM
GoT mIlK
 
lolo89cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CrEePiNg AlOnG iN fT wOrTh
Posts: 1,328
thats the best protein... The gnc in burleson will do a price match with vitamine shop and do buy one get one half off....

sLoW 5.0 waitin on parts...

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
lolo89cpe is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo89cpe View Post
thats the best protein... The gnc in burleson will do a price match with vitamine shop and do buy one get one half off....
I live like 45 minutes from burleson, but that's good to know. I seriously want to give lockout a chance though. I honestly want to become a customer.
poopnut2 is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Protein is tough to price match for a low(ish) volume store like lockout vs GNC who buys a warehouse full of the stuff monthly.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Protein is tough to price match for a low(ish) volume store like lockout vs GNC who buys a warehouse full of the stuff monthly.
I didn't try to price match but GNC's normal price is $89.99 with buy one get one free when I went there Tuesday night. Fuck $90 for a tub of synthetic protein.

Like I said, I know of a place locally that has it for $54.99 for a 4.6lbs tub. I want to be a customer of lockout. As long as you can compete with that, I'm in.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 02:20 AM
GoT mIlK
 
lolo89cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CrEePiNg AlOnG iN fT wOrTh
Posts: 1,328
GNC price is 89 then they price match vitiman shop which is like 64 then u buy one for 64 and the other one for 32. Two 5lbs tubs for 96 dollars... Not to bad! Go on gold card day and get even more off...

sLoW 5.0 waitin on parts...

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
lolo89cpe is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo89cpe View Post
GNC price is 89 then they price match vitiman shop which is like 64 then u buy one for 64 and the other one for 32. Two 5lbs tubs for 96 dollars... Not to bad! Go on gold card day and get even more off...
My whole thing is "fuck GNC." I'll spend a couple more bucks if there's a DFWStanger that is involved.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
I'll have to see what i can get it for.

1. There's no room to work on Proteins. No margin in them, nobody makes money on protein.
2. O.N. discounts are shit.

Already 2 strikes against us.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 02:44 AM
GoT mIlK
 
lolo89cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CrEePiNg AlOnG iN fT wOrTh
Posts: 1,328
I dont like gnc either... theres nothing else in Burleson

sLoW 5.0 waitin on parts...

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
lolo89cpe is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Went ahead and got two jugs from fitrx. $87 shipped to my door for two 4.6 lbs. One banana cream, and one chocolate. If you guys start carrying it, let me know, and I might order from ya'll in a couple of months when I'm out.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:52 PM
We lost one.....
 
Mychael101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Red Oak TX
Posts: 6,415
I found it for $39.99 each. Shipping for 2 is around $14 to Dallas. Total was $94.23. You got a sweet deal!
Mychael101 is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Used to be my fav protein, until I came across Myofusion!
$45 each is a pretty good deal, as it's pretty dang overpriced as it is.
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM
We lost one.....
 
Mychael101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Red Oak TX
Posts: 6,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Used to be my fav protein, until I came across Myofusion!
$45 each is a pretty good deal, as it's pretty dang overpriced as it is.
Myofusion 5lbs $25.95 each
Mychael101 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101 View Post
Myofusion 5lbs $25.95 each
Hence why I changed.
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
WTF is Zed?
 
UserX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: www.dfwmustangs.net
Posts: 10,374
Myofusion chocolate tastes awesome! Even with water.
UserX is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Myofusion is great, especially when you make it with a scoop of a flavored syntha 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Myofusion is great, especially when you make it with a scoop of a flavored syntha 6


so you get unflavored Myofusion? I'm confused
bert89coupe is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:29 PM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand
 
88Whitepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spfld, Mo
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101 View Post
Myofusion 5lbs $25.95 each
Where?

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
88Whitepony is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
Where?
Keep up brotha...

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/v...401&pxc=4&sh=4
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand
 
88Whitepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spfld, Mo
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Ha! I appreciate it...

Greg can you beat/match this?

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
88Whitepony is offline  
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
so you get unflavored Myofusion? I'm confused
LOL sorry, I get the chocolate flavor and use it as the base. Makes the Syntha 6 last longer, since I can use less in one sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
Ha! I appreciate it...

Greg can you beat/match this?
haha, not even close. My distributor nor Gaspari can even get close to that price. I dont know what they are doing.

On a side note, watch your credit cards, they are notorious for charging more than the listed price. After it happened me twice and one was for over $800. I found on forums that many have had that problem.
Hell, i'd stock up myself, however i'd never give them my CC again after doing it to me twice.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
haha, not even close. My distributor nor Gaspari can even get close to that price. I dont know what they are doing.

On a side note, watch your credit cards, they are notorious for charging more than the listed price. After it happened me twice and one was for over $800. I found on forums that many have had that problem.
Hell, i'd stock up myself, however i'd never give them my CC again after doing it to me twice.
You just have to shop around is all.
A couple months ago I bought 6 5lb jugs from GNC(believe it or not!) for $160 to my door.
I was thrilled and almost couldn't believe that I was paying $5 a pound for protein!
It made me think of all of the times that I paid $4-$5 for one measly RTD post workout at 24hr!

I bank with Wells Fargo and my CC # has been stolen before and a simple phone call/charge back resolved the issue with a quickness!
Then again, I charge and pay in full almost $50k in credit card debt a year.
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:30 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
LOL sorry, I get the chocolate flavor and use it as the base. Makes the Syntha 6 last longer, since I can use less in one sitting


oh i see lol so, what's the point of doing that? Just making it last longer?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
oh i see lol so, what's the point of doing that? Just making it last longer?
One of the reasons that he is probably doing it is for higher caloric intake.
Syntha 6 has quite a bit more fat and carbs than Myofusion.
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
One of the reasons that he is probably doing it is for higher caloric intake.
Syntha 6 has quite a bit more fat and carbs than Myofusion.


That's why i'm trying something else this time around
bert89coupe is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
You just have to shop around is all.
A couple months ago I bought 6 5lb jugs from GNC(believe it or not!) for $160 to my door.
I was thrilled and almost couldn't believe that I was paying $5 a pound for protein!
It made me think of all of the times that I paid $4-$5 for one measly RTD post workout at 24hr!

I bank with Wells Fargo and my CC # has been stolen before and a simple phone call/charge back resolved the issue with a quickness!
Then again, I charge and pay in full almost $50k in credit card debt a year.
Thanks for the tip.
Lets be real, I have the cheapest prices in the industry on most items for a reason. lol

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
Thanks for the tip.
Lets be real, I have the cheapest prices in the industry on most items for a reason. lol
No problem, it was really easy for me to do, but I understand that most people have a huge hassle with false charges(I look at my bill daily online).
Most CC's have a time waiver(if you can catch the charge soon enough, they won't give you too much of a hassle, or at least they didn't for me, because that allows them sufficient time to reverse the charge).

I agree, hence why I have purchased from you too.
You have great shipping and you actually care about all of your customers.
I respect that immensely.
I just am a frugal shopper is all...pisses the gf off!
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
Just ordered me another 30lbs of Myofusion from SupplementWarehouse!
Can't beat the price!
At $26 each, others should definitely take advantage of this deal!
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
We lost one.....
 
Mychael101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Red Oak TX
Posts: 6,415
Supplementwarehouse is great. Been ordering from them for years. Shipping during the summer can be risky. I was always ordering meal replacement bars so it was a crapshoot if they would come all melted. Lesson learned. I now order them in the cooler months. Everything else is fine. I can almost always take advantage of the additional 5% off if I take the time to shop around. Great place to order from as long as you don't mind several days for shipping.
Mychael101 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome