70lbs in 7 months - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
The first, the original

70lbs in 7 months

So last week the wife and I joined a gym, even hired a trainer. We really needed the education/structure/accountability. Its not even a week yet and I know Christmas dinner is going to be a challenge. So far we are both staying on our diet very well. We have an online program where we log our foods and it tells you your calorie intake needed and your limits. So far so good. I am at 275 and want to drop to about 200 (I'm 6'5"). We are starting to crave the gym.

so, wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:15 PM
WTF is Zed?

Good luck

Post your progress here... you know we'll talk mad shit if you start slackin'.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Time Served

Good luck, It will be tough but once you get into a good program that works for both you and your wife should be all down hill from there

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Lifer

you're 6'5 and want to weigh 200? You would be really skinny don't you think, but whatever man good luck. Work hard at it and you will reach your goal.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Good luck you can do it!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
you're 6'5 and want to weigh 200? You would be really skinny don't you think, but whatever man good luck. Work hard at it and you will reach your goal.
Just depends on your body type. I'm 6' and 160 but fairly muscular. No big guy or anything but far from skin and bones

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Wow, almost exactly what I have been through in the past 6 months. I started June of 2009, I was at 271, currenlty I'm at 209. I was hoping to get to 200 by Janurary 1st. The first couple of months were tough, but after you get into a groove and start feeling the benefits, it becomes easier.

Good luck, and stick it out. It's definately worth the effort.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Lifer

Good luck. Not easy to adhere to the diet/exercise program throughout the holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
The first, the original

Tomorrow marks the 1st week. My average daily calorie goal is 2350 and I've been averaging around 2250. With just calorie counting, I should have lost 1.4 lbs, but that's not counting my workouts. I don't mind the treadmill, bikes, or the weight machines, but the dang core strength training is killer. My lil nazi trainer is helping me work out the muscles in my legs that have tightened from sitting all day (I'm in IT....long hours at a desk) by having me rolling my calf over a large rolling pin very slowly. It is the most painful part by far.

I'm not kidding myself about Christmas. We visit family in OK this weekend so there will be food, then there is Christmas day with the local family. The good thing is I'm getting in the groove so I am prepared for it.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
thats what i was thinking, im 6'3" and i would be a twig at 200.. im 245-250 right now and im not fat at all

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of females to my place of residence and/or employment, and it far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it surpasses yours. I can convey to you this recipe, but I have to demand compensation.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
The first, the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts5.0 View Post
thats what i was thinking, im 6'3" and i would be a twig at 200.. im 245-250 right now and im not fat at all
I used to weigh about 205 and thought I still had some pudge, but then I wasn't muscular either. I dunno. I just want to get to a healthy size and eating right.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Notorious PIG

I use to weigh 367 lbs. I now weigh around 255. I lost over 150 lbs of body fat and put on around 60lbs of muscle. Good luck on your new way of life. My journey started around 10 years ago and I have documented what I thinks works and what didnt. I have slipped up and down a little but I am on a mission to get to 220 this year. With all the lifting I do I think it will be a good solid weight. I did the calorie counting thing/low fat thing for years as I picked up my cycling and weight lifting. I also swear bye Polar watches and actually won a national contest this year for my story. I have found for me the Adkins diet is the hands down easiest way to lose weight whether I am working out or not. I started back on it around may and am down 40 pounds or so. I even cheat like a mother once a month. LOL Like I said good luck I know m getting in shape saved my life. I was actually blacking out at times.

Whos your Daddy
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Time Served

What is the site you're using for the meal planner and calorie counting?

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
The first, the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisH4SvTs View Post
What is the site you're using for the meal planner and calorie counting?
www.dotfit.com Its a free trial membership that came with our Bally's membership.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Texas Rangers #1

I use DailyPlate on www.livestrong.com it's free and very good (IMO).

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
The first, the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
...I also swear bye Polar watches and actually won a national contest this year for my story. ...
tell me more. What are Polar watches?

Thanks for the encouragement.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Notorious PIG

I have the 800CX Pro Team now with GPS and bike sensors. I love the software for your computer and online support. What is also cool and amazing is that at the gym your heart rate will read on the machines even though I only go by the watch. The machines are way off. I am trying to upload one of my maps of a hiking trail I do and then the coresponding chart for figures. They even have some cool weight lifting watches now.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en

Whos your Daddy

Last edited by kingjason; 12-24-2009 at 12:01 PM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Notorious PIG

You guys made me learn how to post screen shots. LOL
Computer shots of software

Hiking map screen shot of software

Nicks track on a quad

good day ride with out the GPS on, on my V3 Recumbent

And the ike with GPS on flipped to google earth

Whos your Daddy
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
And the ike with GPS on flipped to google earth
Where is this?

Nevermind. Just saw the coordinates. Dirt or paved?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Last edited by Strychnine; 12-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Notorious PIG

You can do way more with the software. Those are just limited shots. Whats cool is I think you can set up and compete against other people. LOL Also you have to buy a watch that does the IR connecting to a computer to get what I posted. However even their basic watches are cool for tracking calories and HR.

Whos your Daddy
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Notorious PIG

Over by Joe Pool. Cedar valley nature presure. Use to be the Dallas Nature Center. About 11 miles worth of tracks and some good elevation changes. I love it out there. I burned 3k calories in 4.5 hours out there one day. There are some decent tracks in the lake park if you connect them and one down on 67 in Cedar Hill but most people dont know to go west off the concrete trail and get to the dirt track up the hill.

Whos your Daddy
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Notorious PIG

That GPS matches up with the hiking graph above.

Whos your Daddy
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
The first, the original

Well shoot. I'm not sure I can trust the scales I started with. I think the one I used at the gym the first time and now are off. According to my calorie counting (which I have been really tracking) I should be down 3.1 lbs. With only a couple of minor exceptions I have only gone over my daily goals 3 times but still under my total for the day. I need to better understand how much muscle equates to fat. I'll have to check with the BMI or whatever its called today to see how much fat I actually lost.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Notorious PIG

Not sure how yu are traking the cals but really go invest in a Polar even the 100.00 ones are good. I used to wear mine all day to see what I burned depending on what I was doing. It may shock you. LOL Not to mention they did a study one year and the Polar 810i was within .02 percent of the gazillion dolar machine the compared it to on some Olympic athletes. Plus yeah if you are doing any kind of serious lifting you might as well stay off the scale.

Whos your Daddy
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Well shoot. I'm not sure I can trust the scales I started with. I think the one I used at the gym the first time and now are off. According to my calorie counting (which I have been really tracking) I should be down 3.1 lbs. With only a couple of minor exceptions I have only gone over my daily goals 3 times but still under my total for the day. I need to better understand how much muscle equates to fat. I'll have to check with the BMI or whatever its called today to see how much fat I actually lost.
Counting calories is a good start, but it's not a strict formula in terms of scale weght, because you have to factor in the fluctuation in water weight along with body composition (muscle/fat). You can weigh yourself three times in a day, and come up with three different results. Don't focus so much on the scale, it is merely a way to gauge over-all progress.

BTW, a pound of muscle = a pound of fat.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Darkside

The key thing is to find a diet that you can live with. Because realistically you will pretty much have to live with it for most of your life. Otherwise as you know it will just come back. I was at 260 a year ago. I am currently at 210 give or take 5 lbs from last week. I am not a young person that works out all the time. (45 years old) Shit, ok, I don't work out at all. I want to lose weight then tone up.

Good luck on your quest, it can be done. Just have to be tired of being sick and tired. I got another 20 lbs I would like to drop. But my first quest like yours is to hit 200lbs. I got down to 206 then the holidays hit. Blew that to hell.

Holy fuck, you are 6'-5" ? I am only 5'11". Like the rest of the guys said, that might be a tad light at that height.

"Time is the best teacher.........unfortunately it kills everyone of its students"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement