I'm turning into a fatass and need some help... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

I'm turning into a fatass and need some help...

I'm just going to cut to the chase, over the past year i've gained 40 - 50lbs, probably 30 of it just over the past 7 or 8 months and I blame myself. I'm no where near happy with myself, I feel like depression is slowly setting in, and I'm not going to let that happen. I need some help, more help then someone just saying "get your fat ass in the gym".

I know what I need to do for my diet, I started cleaning it up for a while but let that go, so it's back to cleaning it up.

The biggest place I need help is with the workout, I was given a Bowflex Motivator 2 and that'll be my main source of a workout. The workout guide can be found here..

http://download.dfxi.com/supportdocs...or2_OM_web.pdf

I need help with a daily routine, I just don't know what to do each day, and I feel like that's always been my fallback; just not knowing what to do.

Anyone that can take the time and write out a workout plan based on the exercises I can do on this bowflex and it would be greatly appreciated.

Day one back in the gym will be this saturday. I'll keep this updated.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Time Served

good luck man
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
WTF is Zed?

Good for you for recognizing your issues and addressing them now. Depression can be a killer, and trust me, working out and releasing those endorphins are just what the doctor ordered!

While the bowflex is good for some resistance training, get out of the house man! Get some fresh air and go for a jog or brisk walk every day.

I'm a big fan of jumping rope, they're cheap, you can do it at home, and it burns calories like a mofo!

Also do some burpies during commercial breaks or something. Try for 100 a day. For not using any weights, it's a pretty good total body workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

Also, I highly recommend some fish oil capsules. Great for your diet, and there are many studies saying that it effectively and naturally fights depression.

Good luck man, keep us updated on your progress!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I won't be stuck in the house the entire time either. I have a small gym in my office building that I have access to, so I figure I'll spend my lunch break down their on the treadmill or stationary bike.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
tex
Lifer

Dude, truth is, you won't find a program that you'll stick with, until you find what you enjoy. Do lots of research, find something that looks fun, try it. If it doesn't work, try something else. If you've gained that weight that quickly, you just need to find something to jump start your body to burn it off. Once you get back in moderate shape, you'll need to refine things, but for now, just DO something.

And be careful, don't try to jump in the deep end, trying to eat perfect, workout 3 times a day, etc. Fix the issues one step at a time. You will see gains just from working out or eating, so start with one or the other, and correct other things as you progress.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

If I have something that's laid out for me i'll be more likely to stick to it then just trying to figure it out myself.

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Cardio cardio cardio. I lost 40 lbs. my senior year of high school eating while like an 18 year old and just running 3 miles 3-5 times a week.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Cardio cardio cardio. I lost 40 lbs. my senior year of high school eating while like an 18 year old and just running 3 miles 3-5 times a week.
Fuck I wish that was true. I don't run that much but I run about 1.5-2 miles a day at the gym and can't lose this lower part of my belly for shit. Been doing situps and all kind of shit and nothing. Also I have pretty much stop drinking beer and not as much fast food. And been drinking nothing but water and G2

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Pilgrim

Never messed with a bowflex before, but I'll ad my 2 cents... I have a bit of credibility because I lost 30 lbs earlier this year doing the same basic workout.

-Get yourself a cardio dvd that goes for about 30 minutes ( I used the P90X Cardio-X dvd). Anything will work if it pushes you and has a variety of upper/lower body movement.

-get a stop watch or a watch with a timer

Mon-Fri
-Go for a 10 minute jog in your neighborhood 4-5 times during the week (this is where the stop watch come in play)

-Follow along with the cardio DVD 4-5 times a week

Take the weekend off or do a workout if it fits your schedule.

Drink less cokes, breads, and sweets. Determine the calories you should be taking in for a day and stick to it.

There's nothing really magical to losing weight, just take it a day at a time and it will work.

Good luck.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Time Served

Location: Pushing shakes and burgers to the hungry people of Denton, Tx
I always did light weights for cardio. My favorite is the elliptical.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Fuck I wish that was true. I don't run that much but I run about 1.5-2 miles a day at the gym and can't lose this lower part of my belly for shit. Been doing situps and all kind of shit and nothing. Also I have pretty much stop drinking beer and not as much fast food. And been drinking nothing but water and G2
That's because you're old, man!

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

diet is the key. Until you diet and understand a diet, its going to be very hard to lose weight. Truly, you are looking for fat loss, not water loss. Lots of motivation in the beginning when you shed some water weight, but you might not see much of a difference in your body.

Step it up and eat 6 meals a day.... every 3 hours, from the minute you wake up to right before bed. Yes, eat something 10 minutes before bed. You need to trick your body into letting go of fat. Your body needs to know that its not going to be starved between meals. Eat a good 1800-2100 calories a day and work out. You do need cardio, but a moderate cardio. The goal is to have your heart rate in the 140-150 range for an extended period of time...could be lower depending on your resting heart rate.

If you get your heart beating to fast, the exercise becomes anaerobic and you will start burning glycogen from your liver, and your body will not start burning fat. You have something like 400g of disposable glycogen. The key is to not tap into that glycogen storage and allow your body to consume energy elsewhere (fat, hopefully). Also, starving yourself and not working out your WHOLE body can lead to atrophy of the muscles. It is much easier for your body to break down proteins for needed energy than it is for fat. Fat is LONG TERM storage.

Throw all the crappy foods out the window. Sodas, beer, candy, ice cream, potato chips, etc. Focus on anything healthy. Salads can be tricky...you need to watch your dressing. Some salads at restaurants have just as many calories in a salad as they do in a freaking hamburger. Chili's Caesar salad has something like 1200 calories

For exercise, watch that heart rate. For me, I would walk on a treadmill at 3.5mph at an incline of 3%. Thats a brisk walk. A good 30-45 minutes of that a day along with diet will really get you going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Ditch the G2...its extra calories that you dont need. More small meals. There is no such thing as spot reducing fat. 1,000 situps a day isnt going to make you lose fat out of your stomach area...just doesnt work that way.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Lifer

The only time I drink G2 is when i go to football practice. So it's not like I drink it everyday. I guess I need to start eating small portion meals instead of two large ones.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Painting Your House

Aerobics. One of the most over looked exercises I know. Its tons of fun and there are different levels of aerobic exercises for where you are at. I enrolled in a advanced class when I was at the peak of my shape, doing martial art classes 6 days a week along with the gym a few hours a day. I could not keep up with the class. Class full of women showing my ass up.

But like I said, there are several levels. You know where you are at, so join in a appropriate class for you. It really is a fun class. At least it was for me.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 AM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake1996 View Post
Aerobics. One of the most over looked exercises I know. Its tons of fun and there are different levels of aerobic exercises for where you are at. I enrolled in a advanced class when I was at the peak of my shape, doing martial art classes 6 days a week along with the gym a few hours a day. I could not keep up with the class. Class full of women showing my ass up.

But like I said, there are several levels. You know where you are at, so join in a appropriate class for you. It really is a fun class. At least it was for me.
Another benefit of aerobics is that it's like a 95:1 ratio of girls to guys in there
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Lifer

Cardio, cut out the refined sugars, workout with other people.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post
Another benefit of aerobics is that it's like a 95:1 ratio of girls to guys in there
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Lifer

If you want a workout with a bunch of tight chicks> Power Yoga.
I've tried it. When I first went in I thought, ok, this is going to be a bunch of fat arse house wives talking about the latest soaps. Hell no, my arse was kicked and I had to drag it out the first month... 90 degrees work out space.

This will help you in any sport, garownteed.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON View Post
If you want a workout with a bunch of tight chicks> Power Yoga.
I've tried it. When I first went in I thought, ok, this is going to be a bunch of fat arse house wives talking about the latest soaps. Hell no, my arse was kicked and I had to drag it out the first month... 90 degrees work out space.

This will help you in any sport, garownteed.
LMAO!!! The man is trying to loose some weight. Cardio is the key, not lol Yoga.

You might even look into kickboxing aerobics. There are several levels in those classes as well. Use to kick my ass big time.

Last edited by BlackSnake1996; 12-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LMAO!!! The man is trying to loose some weight. Cardio is the key, not lol Yoga.

You might even look into kickboxing aerobics. There are several levels in those classes as well. Use to kick my ass big time.
I knew I'd get an idiot response.
It's called Power Yoga in a room that is 90-105 degrees.
Anyway, more for me.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
AHMO!

No one can help you but yourself.

Have you thought about enrolling in a class that forces you to go. I mean you are paying for it and have to get out of the house to go vs eh I'll workout after this TV show etc.

I don't watch much TV anymore because after work I go to lift, then I get home from lifting I have 30-45 mins to get dinner and pack my bag for BJJ.

Get home from that shower, pack my bag for work the next day (cardio at lunch at work), and my lunch to eat at my desk and repeat all over again.

I've dropped about 20 lbs in the last 2 months by eating cleaner (it could still be cleaned up even more I know for sure) and exercising more. I can thank BJJ a ton because of my gut getting in the way I was not able to execute alot of sweeps/moves etc and I am getting in better shape to help my game and survive ha ha.

But no one but yourself can do this for you, 90% of the battle is effort/getting to the gym. 8% of effort and 2% is really knowledge honestly. You can pick up a mens fitness and get a good idea of what to do and how to eat (honestly everyone should know what they need to eat vs what they eat because it tastes good and they like it.). All it takes is effort and will power.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
I knew I'd get an idiot response.
It's called Power Yoga in a room that is 90-105 degrees.
Anyway, more for me.
I know what "power yoga" is. I know the claim to weight loss using this method, and I still think its a joke.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I know what "power yoga" is. I know the claim to weight loss using this method, and I still think its a joke.
Your choice, that has to be respected.
Tell you what, walk into your nearest 105 degree Bikram (or however it's spelled) tell them you're Billy Bob Bad Ass, their yoga is bull shite, and you want to take one class to show them...

Ya that's what I thought... BBBA.

More for me.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Your choice, that has to be respected.
Tell you what, walk into your nearest 105 degree Bikram (or however it's spelled) tell them you're Billy Bob Bad Ass, their yoga is bull shite, and you want to take one class to show them...

Ya that's what I thought... BBBA.

More for me.
I appreciate your cooth in this and I respect your opinion. I personally believe that cardio is too important to leave out in fitness and in loosing weight. Power Yoga, or Yoga in itself has no cardio conditioning.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I appreciate your cooth in this and I respect your opinion. I personally believe that cardio is too important to leave out in fitness and in loosing weight. Power Yoga, or Yoga in itself has no cardio conditioning.
Bull.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 AM

If you can get a workout partner or a class, do it. If you have a structured time to workout, or someone expecting to work out with you, it helps to take it more seriously. If you're working out alone, at home, its very easy to say fuggit.

+100 on the cardio is key for your goals (and diet is a given). Another poster said it perfect -there is no such thing as spot fat reduction. 1000 situps a day will give you ripped abs, but if you're not dieting and getting good cardio, that washboard will still be buried underneath the boiler.

The last word of advice I can offer is if you put forth the time, you might as well put forth the effort. I see so many people half ass it - walking on the treadmill, easily completing their sets, etc. If you're not going to push yourself, why bother? You get out what you put in.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Lifer

I am a big fan of weights. I don't do a lot of cardio (about an hour per week), but I get my cardio while working out. I did legs today, and I guarantee you that my heart rate was elevated for about 75 minutes.

Sure, I could lose 10 lbs, but I'm not fat.

Since you want to lose weight, don't go heavy, go moderate and sets of 12-15 reps.

Are you still shooting pics??
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 PM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
diet is the key. Until you diet and understand a diet, its going to be very hard to lose weight. Truly, you are looking for fat loss, not water loss. Lots of motivation in the beginning when you shed some water weight, but you might not see much of a difference in your body.

Step it up and eat 6 meals a day.... every 3 hours, from the minute you wake up to right before bed. Yes, eat something 10 minutes before bed. You need to trick your body into letting go of fat. Your body needs to know that its not going to be starved between meals. Eat a good 1800-2100 calories a day and work out. You do need cardio, but a moderate cardio. The goal is to have your heart rate in the 140-150 range for an extended period of time...could be lower depending on your resting heart rate.

If you get your heart beating to fast, the exercise becomes anaerobic and you will start burning glycogen from your liver, and your body will not start burning fat. You have something like 400g of disposable glycogen. The key is to not tap into that glycogen storage and allow your body to consume energy elsewhere (fat, hopefully). Also, starving yourself and not working out your WHOLE body can lead to atrophy of the muscles. It is much easier for your body to break down proteins for needed energy than it is for fat. Fat is LONG TERM storage.

Throw all the crappy foods out the window. Sodas, beer, candy, ice cream, potato chips, etc. Focus on anything healthy. Salads can be tricky...you need to watch your dressing. Some salads at restaurants have just as many calories in a salad as they do in a freaking hamburger. Chili's Caesar salad has something like 1200 calories

For exercise, watch that heart rate. For me, I would walk on a treadmill at 3.5mph at an incline of 3%. Thats a brisk walk. A good 30-45 minutes of that a day along with diet will really get you going.

Ditch the G2...its extra calories that you dont need. More small meals. There is no such thing as spot reducing fat. 1,000 situps a day isnt going to make you lose fat out of your stomach area...just doesnt work that way.

I'm no expert, but have been a successful personal trainer for 4 yrs now.
I think what was said here by 8mpg was something you should read over a few times and remember it.... But I'd like to add some things...

You and I may not be a like, however our engines can run pretty much the same. Introduce your body to more meals with fewer calories/smaller portions like stated above. Your body will step it up metabolically. You can also aid the process with increased water intake. Stray away from "G2" or anything else containing unwanted calories. If this is supplemental intake is for "electrolytes", and you're not currently very knowledgable of food/nutrition then I can almost be certain that you're taking in the needed electrolytes through your new 6 meal a day LIFESTYLE.

Now for cardio... Follow this as far as finding YOUR range for fat burning.
1. Calculate your maximum heart rate
The easiest way to do this is a simple paper-and-pencil calculation. Subtract your age from 220. The result is an age-predicted maximum beats per minute.

This method does not take into account your fitness level or inherited genes, which can make your true maximum heart rate 10 to 20 beats per minute higher or lower than the age-predicted number.

A second method to calculate your maximum heart rate is to have an exercise tolerance or stress test. This usually is supervised by a physician and performed in a hospital or clinical setting in three-minute stages, during which the speed and incline continue to increase in an effort to elevate your heart rate until it climbs to its highest level.

2. Determine your resting heart rate
Take your pulse before you get out of bed in the morning. Do this for several days in a row to get consistent readings.

3. Calculate your heart-rate reserve
Subtract your heart's resting rate from your maximum rate.

For example, if you are 40 years old, subtract that number from 220; your maximum rate is 180. Next, subtract your resting rate, 80 in this example. Your heart-rate reserve is 100 beats per minute.

This heart-rate reserve represents the cushion heartbeats available for exercise.

4. Calculate your aerobic training heart-rate range for fat burning
This fat-burning range will lie between 50 and 75 percent of your heart-rate reserve.

Using the example above, 50 percent of 100 beats per minute is 50. And 75 percent of 100 is 75. Next, add your resting heart rate to both numbers: 50 + 80 = 130 and 75 + 80 = 155. Your heart rate during aerobic training that will most efficiently burn fat is 130 to 155 beats per minute.

Again, you can't "spot check" fat. As stated, if it resides on your belly, then you've got work to do. Your abdomen is like any other muscle, in the way that if you work it, size can be gained which may result in you seeing them sooner.

I like to think of weight loss/gain in mathematical terms. Easy to remember too.

1lb of fat= 3500 calories

I'd suggest finding out what your "resting metabolic rate" is or "RMR". Not necessary but could give you a better idea on how to structure your new lifestyle.

Ex:
Your RMR is 1800calories
Daily calorie expenditure is 800 calories
-------
Complete Daily Expend =2600 cal

Your intake is 2200 cals

You will have burned 400 more than you took in. In 9 days you would have lost 1 pound of fat.

Now that's the easy way to look at it. There are variables and more to it, but you get the idea. I find that this really helps clients with motivation and focus with their plan.

Most importantly you have to love doing it and make it a lifestyle, not just a "fad".
I'll be the first to say personal training is the biggest bullshit of a job. If you read, find what you love... then there's no reason why you can't get where you want to. I do it cause I love to help others but my job is getting harder and harder. There's a plethora of knowledge that anyone and everyone has access to out there.

Hope this helps... I feel I skipped around a bit.

-Tony

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Banned

I was the same way. In a year and a half I gained about 40 lbs. Just a lot of partying and eating like crap. Now I go work out during my lunch break for about 45 minutes a day, and I try to at least eat a fairly healthy breakfast and lunch. Dinner, I usually cheat on(I know I shouldn't). I still go out and drink once, MAYBE twice a week sometimes, but other than that I'm fairly healthy.

Like I said, I work out about 45 minutes, 5 days a week, and have noticed a huge difference in apprearance and confidence. I think I'm just finishing up my 9th week in a row now. I really haven't lost much weight, but muscle tone is starting to show up pretty good. Just have a bit of a gut left. Unfortunately, that's always the last thing to go.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Aside from the exercise, eating the right foods is very important in maintaining the weight, and there are foods that actually help our genes to burn fat. It's just a matter of knowing of what they are.
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
I'm no expert, but have been a successful personal trainer for 4 yrs now.
I think what was said here by 8mpg was something you should read over a few times and remember it.... But I'd like to add some things...

You and I may not be a like, however our engines can run pretty much the same. Introduce your body to more meals with fewer calories/smaller portions like stated above. Your body will step it up metabolically. You can also aid the process with increased water intake. Stray away from "G2" or anything else containing unwanted calories. If this is supplemental intake is for "electrolytes", and you're not currently very knowledgable of food/nutrition then I can almost be certain that you're taking in the needed electrolytes through your new 6 meal a day LIFESTYLE.

Now for cardio... Follow this as far as finding YOUR range for fat burning.
1. Calculate your maximum heart rate
The easiest way to do this is a simple paper-and-pencil calculation. Subtract your age from 220. The result is an age-predicted maximum beats per minute.

This method does not take into account your fitness level or inherited genes, which can make your true maximum heart rate 10 to 20 beats per minute higher or lower than the age-predicted number.

A second method to calculate your maximum heart rate is to have an exercise tolerance or stress test. This usually is supervised by a physician and performed in a hospital or clinical setting in three-minute stages, during which the speed and incline continue to increase in an effort to elevate your heart rate until it climbs to its highest level.

2. Determine your resting heart rate
Take your pulse before you get out of bed in the morning. Do this for several days in a row to get consistent readings.

3. Calculate your heart-rate reserve
Subtract your heart's resting rate from your maximum rate.

For example, if you are 40 years old, subtract that number from 220; your maximum rate is 180. Next, subtract your resting rate, 80 in this example. Your heart-rate reserve is 100 beats per minute.

This heart-rate reserve represents the cushion heartbeats available for exercise.

4. Calculate your aerobic training heart-rate range for fat burning
This fat-burning range will lie between 50 and 75 percent of your heart-rate reserve.

Using the example above, 50 percent of 100 beats per minute is 50. And 75 percent of 100 is 75. Next, add your resting heart rate to both numbers: 50 + 80 = 130 and 75 + 80 = 155. Your heart rate during aerobic training that will most efficiently burn fat is 130 to 155 beats per minute.

Again, you can't "spot check" fat. As stated, if it resides on your belly, then you've got work to do. Your abdomen is like any other muscle, in the way that if you work it, size can be gained which may result in you seeing them sooner.

I like to think of weight loss/gain in mathematical terms. Easy to remember too.

1lb of fat= 3500 calories

I'd suggest finding out what your "resting metabolic rate" is or "RMR". Not necessary but could give you a better idea on how to structure your new lifestyle.

Ex:
Your RMR is 1800calories
Daily calorie expenditure is 800 calories
-------
Complete Daily Expend =2600 cal

Your intake is 2200 cals

You will have burned 400 more than you took in. In 9 days you would have lost 1 pound of fat.

Now that's the easy way to look at it. There are variables and more to it, but you get the idea. I find that this really helps clients with motivation and focus with their plan.

Most importantly you have to love doing it and make it a lifestyle, not just a "fad".
I'll be the first to say personal training is the biggest bullshit of a job. If you read, find what you love... then there's no reason why you can't get where you want to. I do it cause I love to help others but my job is getting harder and harder. There's a plethora of knowledge that anyone and everyone has access to out there.

Hope this helps... I feel I skipped around a bit.

-Tony

I appreciate everyone's input, it's definitely motivating to have others want to help out in any way they can. Tony, this is a big help, definitely a lot of things I'm going to take into consideration.

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 AM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I appreciate everyone's input, it's definitely motivating to have others want to help out in any way they can. Tony, this is a big help, definitely a lot of things I'm going to take into consideration.
Sure, I've got a bit of downtown from time to time. If you'd like help with anything else, then please post up and I'll share what I know

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
Dude, take everybodies input into consideration, but avoid overthinking it. The best thing you can do is just start excercising. Don't let it inconvenience you or you'll be quick to quit. Do what you can, when you can. Diet is something you can easily adjust, but again, don't go overboard. Your body will resist change and unless you're mentally stronger than most, you'll back out soon. That's why I go at lunch. It doesn't inconvenience me at all. I work long days, and a trip to the gym is great for helping me not think about work.

If you're serious, go at a pace that you're comfortable with. Make adjustments as you go. Good luck man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement