PSA of the day. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
tex
Lifer

PSA of the day.

If you feel a twinge in a specific area doing one exercise, don't move on to another exercise that loads said area with several hundred pounds. Fuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Nobody

LOL. Been there. That's how I got my ab strain that kept me sidelined for 3 months.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
If you feel a twinge in a specific area doing one exercise, don't move on to another exercise that loads said area with several hundred pounds. Fuck.
Damn those tricep kickbacks!

Hope you get better soon.
Just work around the pain in the meantime.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
What makes it worse, the older we get, the longer it takes to recover from injuries.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Damn those tricep kickbacks!

Hope you get better soon.
Just work around the pain in the meantime.
Good thing I wasn't doing skull crushers!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
What makes it worse, the older we get, the longer it takes to recover from injuries.
Your nutrition has TONS to do with it.
I take in tons of anti-oxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and water each day to combat a lot of negative issues that could possibly arise.
Hence why I'm NEVER sick(maybe once every two years or so) or if I do have a pull or strain, 2-3 days max and back to brand new again!
Fuck taking a day or two off, just work around the pain(meaning...do another muscle group, until the pain suffices itself).
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
I take in tons of anti-oxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and water each day to combat a lot of negative issues that could possibly arise.
Hence why I'm NEVER sick(maybe once every two years or so) or if I do have a pull or strain, 2-3 days max and back to brand new again!
Fuck taking a day or two off, just work around the pain(meaning...do another muscle group, until the pain suffices itself).
What specifically would you suggest?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
yes good thing you take stuff that you have no idea what it is,just what the company tells you that isnt regulated or tested at all lol. Jk But for real....

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
What specifically would you suggest?
I suggest getting some Orange Triad from Greg, for the basics.
Either that or grab some Animal Paks pretty much anywhere and it will definitely cover your vitamins and anti-oxidants intake for the day.
It's not so much, what to take though...it's more what to intake into your body.
Being very active definitely cuts down on your risk of illness as well.

onemeangixxer7502, the products I have suggested are legit.
Both companies are GMP compliant.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I suggest getting some Orange Triad from Greg, for the basics.
Either that or grab some Animal Paks pretty much anywhere and it will definitely cover your vitamins and anti-oxidants intake for the day.
It's not so much, what to take though...it's more what to intake into your body.
Being very active definitely cuts down on your risk of illness as well.

onemeangixxer7502, the products I have suggested are legit.
Both companies are GMP compliant.
yah, I'm just stirring the pot.Even then I wouldn't bet the farm on their "compliance" so many loop holes in the advertising world on what they can say and do.Either way cool deal

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
yah, I'm just stirring the pot.Even then I wouldn't bet the farm on their "compliance" so many loop holes in the advertising world on what they can say and do.Either way cool deal
Dude, same could be said about any and all food products, too. Paranoid is no way to walk through life.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
yes good thing you take stuff that you have no idea what it is,just what the company tells you that isnt regulated or tested at all lol. Jk But for real....
Sounds like someones a little bitter! Lol Do you trust the FDA? I do not trust one thing about our government, so what they test I could care less. I trust a company by what they put on the bottle more then I trust what the government "says" is in something. We put things in our body every day that I guarentee we don't know about. Why would anyone polute a multi vitamin?

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Bro. Got my just desserts. Torn muscles in right forearm.

...Because it's Super-Badass!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
Sounds like someones a little bitter! Lol Do you trust the FDA? I do not trust one thing about our government, so what they test I could care less. I trust a company by what they put on the bottle more then I trust what the government "says" is in something. We put things in our body every day that I guarentee we don't know about. Why would anyone polute a multi vitamin?
Quote:
Dude, same could be said about any and all food products, too. Paranoid is no way to walk through life.
its a joke you two dummies,anyways they dont "pollute" it.Companies market it certain ways to get money. Thats why shit gets pulled off the market when some one has an adverse reaction and croaks or it does permanent damage to their body.I really dont care but I dont believe half the shit i read on stuff because they dont have to meet any sort of guidelines and can say and put in it whatever they want

Sponsored Links
Advertisement