Healthy lunch? (empty fridge) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Healthy lunch? (empty fridge)

I know the best option is to bring from home, but the simple fact is, I can't/don't manage to do that every single week day.

Any suggestions?

I thought about hitting Central Market. Got to be something there. What else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Lifer

KFC grilled chicken, Chipotle, Genghis Grill, Subway
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Maybe the grilled chicken and subway but you have to be a bit more specific with the other two. At least with chipotle, you're gonna need chicken, rice, veggies, and no cheese. I wouldn't depend on chipotle for providing a healthy meal though. Or Genghis grill really. I remember the last time that I was there there was a "healthy" suggestion on the wall that I read while waiting in line and I remember the fat content still being twice the protein content.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Quote:
Good suggestions. Subway was yesterday. I'm not a giant Chipotle fan, so I'm not that familiar, but I can see making Genghis work for you.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Maybe the grilled chicken and subway but you have to be a bit more specific with the other two. At least with chipotle, you're gonna need chicken, rice, veggies, and no cheese. I wouldn't depend on chipotle for providing a healthy meal though. Or Genghis grill really. I remember the last time that I was there there was a "healthy" suggestion on the wall that I read while waiting in line and I remember the fat content still being twice the protein content.
I only eat a crazy amount of chicken, a straight starch(mostly rice, 90% of the time), and water for most of my meals.
At Chipotle, it's a couple burrito's, double chicken, rice, black beans, and lettuce.
That's eat, keep it simple.
At Genghis, it's two bowls of straight chicken, some mushrooms, some water chestnutts, and half a bowl of sauce with white rice.
Don't pay attention to their suggestions, just whip up your own mix as we all know by now what is healthy and what isn't healthy for our bodies.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
Good suggestions. Subway was yesterday. I'm not a giant Chipotle fan, so I'm not that familiar, but I can see making Genghis work for you.
Whenever I go to Subway, I will also usually stop by a Walmart and pick up a pound of turkey breast and make their Subs the right way(stacked to the top with meat)!
Once again, I only get bread, meat, and lettuce(no sauces, no cheese, or any of that other crapola!).
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Whenever I go to Subway, I will also usually stop by a Walmart and pick up a pound of turkey breast and make their Subs the right way(stacked to the top with meat)!
Once again, I only get bread, meat, and lettuce(no sauces, no cheese, or any of that other crapola!).

I eat my subs plain as well. And the lack of meat on a Subway sandwich is quite ridiculous. You are paying them for veggies, not meat...... And they have the balls to charge you for extra meat when you get a total of 4 slices..... watch out for all that meat...

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
I only eat a crazy amount of chicken, a straight starch(mostly rice, 90% of the time), and water for most of my meals.
At Chipotle, it's a couple burrito's, double chicken, rice, black beans, and lettuce.
That's eat, keep it simple.
At Genghis, it's two bowls of straight chicken, some mushrooms, some water chestnutts, and half a bowl of sauce with white rice.
Don't pay attention to their suggestions, just whip up your own mix as we all know by now what is healthy and what isn't healthy for our bodies.
If I'm at Genghis, I'll be enjoying myself. I go to the gym during my lunch breaks though, so the menu is whatever I bring to eat when I get back. Usually a Ham sammich, a protein shake, and a cup of yogurt.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 12:22 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I know the best option is to bring from home, but the simple fact is, I can't/don't manage to do that every single week day.

Any suggestions?

I thought about hitting Central Market. Got to be something there. What else?
Tomato/Mozarella sammich at central market with the grae/blue cheese/walnut salad. mmmmmmm!!!

The cheese might not be the best thing for ya, but it beats 95% of anything you can get at fast food joints.

The rustic chicken noodle soup at the Market is really good as well. Their grilled veggies are the shit.

I fucking love that place!! If you can't find something in their to eat, you're not hungry.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Jason's Deli won out. That shit was good. Hard to fuck up a salad you build yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Tomato/Mozarella sammich at central market with the grae/blue cheese/walnut salad. mmmmmmm!!!
Hmmmm, I'm afraid I'm out on that one. No tomatoes for me. But yeah, that place is pretty cool. It's a little overwhelming, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement