Need motivation - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Need motivation

I'm 27, 5'10", 150, fairly decent shape. I started running because I'm joining the marines but I've already far exceeded what I need to do to get in and I'm completely losing motivation. You need to do 2 pullups, something like 75 crunches in 2 minutes, 1.5 miles in 14 minutes. I'm at like 12/100/2.6 in 20:40 right now. I don't really feel like I'm anywhere near where I'd like to be, but I'm miles ahead of where I need to be. I'm hitting that wall where I have to talk myself into going running and then once I get out there I run around the block and want to quit.

Anybody in the north dallas area interested in cross training with me or anything like that? I used to play soccer, we got in great shape by running a bunch of sprints, box drills, hills, etc., but I find it impossible to push myself like that when it's just me and I'm already so far beyond where I really need to be. I do best in action sports where there's a ball or something moving and I'm chasing it. Running for the sake of running is just too monotonous. I'm looking around at parks and rec departments but most of their activities (which are few) involve getting a whole team together. I don't know a ton of people, and every single person I do know is completely disinterested in fitness, so I'm not getting a team together. I would love to play on any kind of team though. What do you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Large Member

Call RISE in Rockwall, you can sign up as a single player and they can get you on a team.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
not exclude

I wouldn't say you are where you need to be. You'll find out soon after joining that the minimum physical standards to pass the PFT are NOT where you are expected to be. You need to be in the 270 area, with 90 in each event if not maxing the test. Right now you're at about 200, with 60/75/65 scores. That should be your motivation on getting yourself where you NEED to be.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Wolverines!!!

From where you stand right now bootcamp would kick your ass there's your motivation. You won't be doing your pft's in boot under ideal conditions. You'll be tired, cranky, and sore from all the IT the DI's will put you through. You want to in PEAK condition to avoid as much "personal time" with your DI's as possible.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
I wouldn't say you are where you need to be. You'll find out soon after joining that the minimum physical standards to pass the PFT are NOT where you are expected to be. You need to be in the 270 area, with 90 in each event if not maxing the test. Right now you're at about 200, with 60/75/65 scores. That should be your motivation on getting yourself where you NEED to be.
As exlude said, your not even an assured 1st Class PFT'er as it is, you can generally expect your first pft scores in boot to drop by a few points too.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 06:34 PM
You never go full retard

If you don't have the motivation to get where you need to be to enlist the how are you going to have the motivation to keep going in bootcamp when you're doing daily PT & getting thrashed?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
If you don't have the motivation to get where you need to be to enlist the how are you going to have the motivation to keep going in bootcamp when you're doing daily PT & getting thrashed?
Like I said earlier, I've never had any trouble working out on a team because there are other people working out, and a coach yelling at you telling you what to do. It's a lot harder to stay motivated when it's just me out there by myself every day.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 10:24 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
Like I said earlier, I've never had any trouble working out on a team because there are other people working out, and a coach yelling at you telling you what to do. It's a lot harder to stay motivated when it's just me out there by myself every day.
I'd be at your recruiting station doing as much working out with them as I could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement