Hit the gym hard or p90x - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
I hate ghetto niggers

Hit the gym hard or p90x

I can't figure out which direction I want to go... I'm 5'9 185lbs with a chubby stomach and thighs... its fucking pathetic. I'm wanting to get to 200lb - 210lb of muscle but that takes time I know. I can't decide should I just go hit the gym hard 4 times a week or do p90x. p90x would obviously to be cut down and build up from that. I know I have to clean up my diet as well so if you know any websites that have diet plans shoot me a pm or something. I've done some research but keep failing at coming up with anything

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid View Post
I can't figure out which direction I want to go... I'm 5'9 185lbs with a chubby stomach and thighs... its fucking pathetic. I'm wanting to get to 200lb - 210lb of muscle but that takes time I know. I can't decide should I just go hit the gym hard 4 times a week or do p90x. p90x would obviously to be cut down and build up from that. I know I have to clean up my diet as well so if you know any websites that have diet plans shoot me a pm or something. I've done some research but keep failing at coming up with anything
Just do whatever you are going to be more likely to stick with. If you are new to exercise, a video situation, or trainer is highly advised. Go to bodybuilding.com for a ton of info. livestrong.com is a good one as well.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
I hate ghetto niggers

10 4 thanks for the info man!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

I would recommend the P90x, mainly because you won't ever be in the gym wondering what to do next and get frustrated in 3 months when you haven't changed. I tell the people I train to take something like P90x or CrossFit with them when they are out of town because it takes the guessing out.

All you have to do is "do the work".

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

I'm not really sure how you're gonna get to 210lbs and be lean with P90X without modifying it quite a bit to accomadate more heavy lifting. P90X is a good program. Try and get somebody to post the lifts from their book, and do it at the gym. Plus, lifting heavier weight might require a spotter. Being 5' 9", 185lbs and flabby sounds like you're gonna have a lot of work ahead of you. Plus, at a gym there are usually some big dudes there that don't mind helping out with advice or spotting you.

Last edited by poopnut2; 10-27-2009 at 06:35 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Cut or bulk...you choose. Pick one, then when you are happy with your results, go after the other.

Cutting requires cardio/workout and lean diet
Bulking requires some SERIOUS calories and hardcore workout, no cardio

You cant really do both at the same time. Id recommend p90x to cut weight. Its hour long workouts everyday. You can lose a lot of fat IF (and thats a big IF) you follow the diet plan. You really need to count calories/protein/fat/carbs. You cant halfass a diet and expect results. The good thing about p90x is you know what you are going to do everyday.

The biggest part is your diet, hands down. You can work out all you want, and without a good diet (for cutting or bulking), you wont see the results.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement