Does anyone... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Does anyone...

Actually still workout regularly???

This forum has been kinda dead as of late.
Is anyone here still working out on a daily basis or just taking "magic pills"?
If so, what did you start out looking like?
How are the results?
Are you taking anything?
Are you pleased with your results?
What are your expectations in the future and so forth?

Me personally, I'm in the best shape of my LIFE and I have been working out for 7 yrs now.
I am even blessed enough to take off a full paid month off of work and plan on just bustin ass in the gym even more so!
I actually have an older workout partner now who won AAU Mr. Kentucky, won AABB Mr. Texas, took 3rd place in the Ronnie Coleman Metroplex BB championships, and won the Texas Powerlifting 242lb class back in the day.
He has taught me a lot and I hope to gain more knowledge as time goes on.
I'm at a good solid 245lbs natually and hope to stay around this weight, but a bit less bf as time goes on(I'm prob around 12% now).
But enough about me...post up some results people!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Lifer

ahh,i dont hit the gym but now with p90x ive been working out 6 days a week for the last three weeks.
I started off a really chubby 199. now on day like 24-25 im down to 190.I'm fairly happy so far.I'm hoping to lose around 30-35 total and be a lean 165-170.I'm gonna start with some "magic pills" to help with my diet.My diet isnt horrible but not super clean either .I eat shitty food once or twice a week. ....sooo all in all im happy I just want it to keep coming off.
I'm not super concerned with being big,just want to be cut.

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:15 PM
English Master

i do i just set a new record.............

Last edited by LINCOLN BOY; 03-16-2010 at 02:44 PM.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Lifer

Yeah I still go workout pretty regularly.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Lifer

broke my foot in September I think?? I haven't gone back to the gym since......still 6'2 184ish
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:57 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Working out on a daily basis.

From when? Starting lifting at ~14, 155ish lbs.

How are the results?
I've worked out for different reasons (football in high school, powerlifting in college, rugby now).
Right now I'm about 15 lbs down from when I was powerlifting (200 to 185) but leaner and in good rugby shape. I have no problem overpowering most of the other backs my size so I'd say it's good.

Are you taking anything?
Nope. Multivitamin, fish oil, Vitamin C supp, Glucosamine and lots of food.

Yup.

Lift enough to keep my strength up and stay healthy through the season. Offseason I pretty much revert to a powerlifting style program.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Rookie

What are magic pills?
I take supplements and im huge and make the gainzzz!!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Lifer

I just started the p90x this week, haven't worked out since 2001, haven't really worked out seriously since highschool 92-96. I had gotten soooo out of shape I needed to do something about it is why I am starting back up. So far all I take is a multivitamin. I feel great after working out so I am pleased so far !

92 5.0 LX hatch

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Scared s**tless

Yes, I'm still lifting. Had a few set backs from non-lifting related injuries, but I'm back on the horse full time and I am kind of headed in a new direction. Really picked up golf, so I am trying to get a bit more svelte and less "triangle on a set of legs". It really sucks when you're winding up to drive the ball, and you can't even get the club back because your chest and biceps are in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

6 times a week still in one way or another

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Good to hear that some of you are still hitting it regularly and congrats on the progress.
Keep it up!
Dedication is what achieves/produces results, not some magic pills that others are simply making a buck off of.

I turn 30 coming up in December of this year and have vowed to myself to step it up a notch.
Like I said, I will have a full month off from work and plan on doing nothing but bustin my ass up in the gym and eating non-stop!

What keeps me going...is others around me and me having to out due what they just did or look better than they do.
It's more so a personal challenge for me, than anything else.

My advice...stick with the basics + hard work = results.

Good luck to all and keep training hard on a regular basis!!!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
AHMO!

Still in there 3-4 days a week along with Jiu Jitsu.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Roy L. Dennis

P90X results

Last week was my last week of P90X. My outer appearance gains aren't amazing, but my stamina and endurance have improved greatly. Considering my diet wasn't the best and I ate "clean" about 75% of the time, I think the results came out about how I expected. As far as supps go, the first half I took ON's Recovery 2:1:1 and Nitro Core. The 2nd half I was taking just MHP Dark Matter. I started running anywhere from 6 to 9 miles a week the last 2 months of P90X. I plan to hit the gym for another 3 months to try and bulk up a little and then alternate P90X and lifting weights. Anyways, here's some before and aft pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P90XCollComp.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	94948  

SELECT * FROM users
WHERE clue > 0

0 rows returned
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

I started again 2 weeks ago. Went 4 times the first week, 5 the second week, and went today during my lunch break.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgar22 View Post
Last week was my last week of P90X. My outer appearance gains aren't amazing, but my stamina and endurance have improved greatly. Considering my diet wasn't the best and I ate "clean" about 75% of the time, I think the results came out about how I expected. As far as supps go, the first half I took ON's Recovery 2:1:1 and Nitro Core. The 2nd half I was taking just MHP Dark Matter. I started running anywhere from 6 to 9 miles a week the last 2 months of P90X. I plan to hit the gym for another 3 months to try and bulk up a little and then alternate P90X and lifting weights. Anyways, here's some before and aft pics...
Holy shit that P90X made your chest hairy!!!!

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Good to hear that some of you are still hitting it regularly and congrats on the progress.
Keep it up!
Dedication is what achieves/produces results, not some magic pills that others are simply making a buck off of.

I turn 30 coming up in December of this year and have vowed to myself to step it up a notch.
Like I said, I will have a full month off from work and plan on doing nothing but bustin my ass up in the gym and eating non-stop!

What keeps me going...is others around me and me having to out due what they just did or look better than they do.
It's more so a personal challenge for me, than anything else.

My advice...stick with the basics + hard work = results.

Good luck to all and keep training hard on a regular basis!!!
Well after being on the bench with my injury, I got back in the gym last month. I recently moved to within 2 miles of my gym and now run there and back for my cardio. I'm going to try to get back up to 230, I'm hovering around 215 now. Diet is still spot on, but I lost so much strength it's crazy. I'm just getting back into the swing of things. I turn 30 on December 20th, and it's got me motivated to see what I can do from 30-35.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Yup, finally.

I can't wait till I can post some "after" pics. Its going to be fun to finally tell some people to fuck off with their fat jokes.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You can really tell you leaned out quite a bit! I just hope my results are good enough to post my before and after pics!!!

92 5.0 LX hatch

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Yup, finally.

I can't wait till I can post some "after" pics. Its going to be fun to finally tell some people to fuck off with their fat jokes.
Make sure you have some quality before pics! Those'll be the one's that push you.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:38 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Make sure you have some quality before pics! Those'll be the one's that push you.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
We lost one.....

I'm following the workout plan on my bowflex and eating clean. Dropped 30lbs in the past 60 days. No supps. I wanted to make it to 30lbs before I even considered started taking any supps. Now I'm considering holding off until I lose another 20lbs. I've hit several weeks of no loss then get over the hump. Its slow and steady until I can drop a bit more.

Then I'll pick up the supps and shoot for my goals. I want to lose 80lbs. So I tell myself the first 50 pounds is the hardest and I'm over halfway through that. I hope to be where I want in time for spring break.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
CJD
Time Served

Actually still workout regularly???

Yes I am.

This forum has been kinda dead as of late.

I work out 4 days a week.

When I first started, I was small and chubby.

How are the results?

I still haven't lost ALL the weight, but I've definately gotten bigger.

Are you taking anything?

No supplemants. I did take them when I first started going to the gym in 2002. I was taking a multi-vitamin, and Creatine. I stopped taking Creatine after I ran out of it the same year, I haven't taken it since. I plan to start again in alittle bit though.

I've never taken a protein-shake. I'd rather keep my weight down and bulk up just through getting stronger. Though that will probably change..

Well, I'm not "huge", but I'm definately very strong. I wish I knew what I was doing when I first started, or I'd definately be happier with my results.

To get bigger, stronger, and faster.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 AM
Very Interesting

I haven't been in the gym in 2 months, did some traveling, and now i'm in a pretty heavy training class for 16 days, and my diet is poor while in training. 6-10 hours a day studying, and 6-8 hours in class. I'm staying in an extended stay suite for the entire time.

I'll get back into the gym as soon as this class is over. I've put on 5 pounds or so from when I quit. I could stand to lose another 40. Shouldn't be too big of a problem, 3-5 days a week in the gym, and getting my diet back on track.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 AM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt View Post
I haven't been in the gym in 2 months, did some traveling, and now i'm in a pretty heavy training class for 16 days, and my diet is poor while in training. 6-10 hours a day studying, and 6-8 hours in class. I'm staying in an extended stay suite for the entire time.

I'll get back into the gym as soon as this class is over. I've put on 5 pounds or so from when I quit. I could stand to lose another 40. Shouldn't be too big of a problem, 3-5 days a week in the gym, and getting my diet back on track.
see, matts up at this hour to make it to the gym by 4am. i admire that dedication!!!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Roy L. Dennis

Quote:
Holy shit that P90X made your chest hairy!!!!
Finally, I can wear a V-neck with confidence now.

SELECT * FROM users
WHERE clue > 0

0 rows returned
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Finally, I can wear a V-neck with confidence now.
that is so gross... I bet it looks like you're trying to smuggle a badger across the Canadian border.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Still lifting, just not with the same goals as in the past. Up until about a year and a half ago I just wanted to be strong. Cardio? Pfffft.

Then I discovered the joys of a hard cardio workout; that happy, content, almost euphoric feeling you get after a nice hard run or whatever else. I hadn't done any real cardio training since I quit playing sports in high school so I didn't really know what it was like to do that shit voluntarily. Hell, running was always a punishment.

Anyway, my knee surgery killed the running thing for a while so I took up cycling... and fell in love. I still lift regularly, but not with the same goals as I had in the past. Riding will take precedent over lifting if I have to choose between the two, but as long as I'm not traveling too much I generally get in 3-4 days at the gym and 3-4 rides in a week (road or MTB).

Speaking of which, I just got back from a 2 hr ride. Better go lift... It's shoulders day

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Lifer

i lift all the time...it is very rare for me to be out more then 2 days in a row.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Roy L. Dennis

Quote:
that is so gross... I bet it looks like you're trying to smuggle a badger across the Canadian border.
Lol, ay.

SELECT * FROM users
WHERE clue > 0

0 rows returned
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Lifer

This December will be 4 years I have been training. Always trained 5 days a week with the same personal trainer. Started out at 157 lbs and now 210. I am 5'7 and always maintain around 12% fat. Going to do my first bodybuilding show next year and hoping to be around 220-225. I have a sponsor on my supplements now so that helps on cost.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Bop Double E Rop

Magic pills and cardio for now. Torn rotator cuff and a friggin nasty case of tennis elbow.

I never knew what "tennis elbow" was until I went to the physical therapist.

GWB-'83-'09
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Man, it's good to hear that a lot of you are still working out regularly!
Keep up the good work people...
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread View Post
Magic pills and cardio for now. Torn rotator cuff and a friggin nasty case of tennis elbow.

I never knew what "tennis elbow" was until I went to the physical therapist.
Can you give us any insight on tennis elbow?
I think I might have it, but I always just ignore the pain!
But on some Tri days, it gets excruciating and actually affects the amount of weight that I can lift on one side of my body.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Texas Rangers #1

I was until my father ended up in ICU in Miami, while I've been here I've been in the Hospital 12+ hours a day, so haven't had much of a chance to work out (and it sucks).

I started working out in June, lost 57 lbs since then (started @ 271 currently 214). Right now I'm mostly doing cardio until I reach 200 then hopefully going to start adding some weight training 3-4 times a week. I currently do 60+ minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week, mostly road cycling when the weather is good or stationary bike and treadmill at the gym when it 's bad outside.

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Bop Double E Rop

Quote:
Can you give us any insight on tennis elbow?
I think I might have it, but I always just ignore the pain!
But on some Tri days, it gets excruciating and actually affects the amount of weight that I can lift on one side of my body.
From what I gathered from the therapists explanation, it's a strain or tear to a forearm muscles tendon...similar to my rotator cuff injury. I lost a lot of grip strength in my right hand..it hurts from the top middle of my forearm to the outside of my elbow. She said that the other muscles in my shoulder and forearm will take up some slack from both injuries.

I've seen tons of people over the years wearing a strap around the middle of their forearm. She said those are for cases of Tennis Elbow...somehow it takes the strain off the injured tendon.

All I can do is try not to aggravate them, which is hard with me having a physical job and being in the gym after work most days..

GWB-'83-'09
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread View Post
I've seen tons of people over the years wearing a strap around the middle of their forearm. She said those are for cases of Tennis Elbow...somehow it takes the strain off the injured tendon.
Yea, I wear these IFBB pro slip ons.
They definately seem to help out...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/if...onsupport.html

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:

APT makes good products

http://www.prowriststraps.com/

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Bop Double E Rop

Quote:

Would those work for non-lifting applications? My elbow is hurtin like a mofo right now!!

GWB-'83-'09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement