Need to build pecks... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Need to build pecks...

What should I do to help build my pecks they just don't ever seen to change. What wait gainers or supplaments do yall recomend also.
thanks,
john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 12:27 PM

Presses and flys, all sorts. Use machines to gain strength, and free weights for size. Hit all 3 parts of pecs (upper, mid, lower), but start with uppers since they are the strongest. 3 sets of each with 8-12 reps to failure. Try to get 2 workouts a week for your chest. Remember to vary your workout after about 4 weeks though. =)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 12:29 PM

Almost forgot. I use Myoplex for protein. Has 42 grams in each serving. Make sure to take your gainer right after you workout.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man
right after, most people say to take it before you work out thought
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bule90Coupe
Thanks man
right after, most people say to take it before you work out thought
You should eat good throughout the day, but your body is hungriest for nutrients within the first hour after workout. This is when you can take protein, creatine, etc.

You really shouldn't eat before working out, because your digestive system burns a lot of energy trying to process food, therefor you won't have as much energy to work out. Plus getting sick sucks. =) Only take things like energy boosters before working out. If you read some of the bottles for energy boosters (like Xenadrine), it says to take them on an empty stomach so it's absorbed better. Oh, and make sure to drink LOTS of water when you work out. Water helps bring the nutrients into the muscles.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Lifer

myoplex after. if before take it at least an hour before you work out. its there to help your muscle heal after your workout.

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 10:16 PM
dispatching aero planes

do them once a week, need a little bit more info as to what you split is, what do work out each day and how many days you work out.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

See this is the thing, I am trying to gain weight and get bigger so justt wanting to know some good work outs and some good supplements.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bule90Coupe
See this is the thing, I am trying to gain weight and get bigger so justt wanting to know some good work outs and some good supplements.
Eat a LOT of food, and just keep working out. I was wasting time for a while trying to lean and gain mass at the same time (it's near impossible). Make sure you eat at LEAST 3 times a day. If you're still not gaining weight, eat more. It's really the only solution. But don't do what I tend to do, and that's just eat anything.

Lean turkey burger seemed to help me. I'd cook half a pound after I worked out, and put some cajun spices on it, AND I took my Myoplex. It was during this phase that I gained the most mass. Maybe I need to do it again since I'm still looking for 10 more pounds. =)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 02:44 PM

Try this also. When beginning a chest workout, start with a fly movement. This will pre-exhaust your chest so when you go to bench your chest will fail before your triceps and shoulders. Don't do this everytime, just every once in a while to really jumpstart your chest routine. As far as gaining weight, it's fairly simple. You have to ingest more calories than your body uses. Now figuring out exactly how much you use is quite hard. Try to eat 5 or 6 times a day, spacing your protein equally between all the meals. You should eat between 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. Also (obviously) try to eat healthy food to gain the weight, plenty of lean meats, poultry, fish and vegetables. When I started college I weighed 160 pounds at 6'5" tall. Today I weigh 232 pounds at the same height, and still the same bodyfat. So eat and grow!

Let me add one more thing. To gain good quality weight, i.e. lean muscle mass and not fat, try to ingest about 400-500 calories more than your body uses each day. You do not want to gain weight fast because it will be fat. Hard gaining takes patience, but it will payoff before you know it. Good luck!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:24 PM

omg... dont forget DIPS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement