24hourfitness billing question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

24hourfitness billing question

Well, I had my account active through my debit card with WaMu, but as most of you know Chase bought WaMu and I was forced to get a new debit card which I never gave 24hour the number for. Now, I haven't worked out since about a month before that happened, but am looking to get back in to it. Gym is right across the street from my work so it's convenient as hell. However, I recently realized that I never called to cancel my membership and am guessing my account is on some sort of "flagged" list. It's been probably 5 months since all that happened. Should I expect to pay for 5 months or do they freeze it after a certain amount of time? Just need to know what to expect before calling them this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Should I expect to pay for 5 months.
Yes. A buddy I workout with had the exact same thing happen, we were talking about it today actually.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
You never go full retard

I'd expect to pay for the past 5 months. Kinda surprised you haven't heard anything before now. Most places will call you and harass you if you're just a month or two behind. More then likely you'll have a whole extra month to pay for because most places will require you to give 30 days notice for cancellation.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

not sure about 24hour, but i work at LA fitness and unless you called and requested your account be frozen then you will have to pay for the 5 months. at least with us all you need to do is pay half of it and we can post date the rest to get you going again
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Good times

You'll pay or you won't work out there. Same thing happened to me when I got a new card, except I gave them the information, they were just too retarded to update it. But I did get billed for all 3 months since the old card was canceled once they finally updated their system.

n/a
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, I had my account active through my debit card with WaMu, but as most of you know Chase bought WaMu and I was forced to get a new debit card which I never gave 24hour the number for. Now, I haven't worked out since about a month before that happened, but am looking to get back in to it. Gym is right across the street from my work so it's convenient as hell. However, I recently realized that I never called to cancel my membership and am guessing my account is on some sort of "flagged" list. It's been probably 5 months since all that happened. Should I expect to pay for 5 months or do they freeze it after a certain amount of time? Just need to know what to expect before calling them this weekend.
Really there are two ways to do it. You can go in and they will ask to set up the account on your card and pay the back months or you can wait (more than likely one more month as it seems it was always 6 months if I remember correctly) and you will get what they call a Get Back In the Game flyer. With that you can set up your account at the rate you had but will essentially start from scratch (first and last months dues due) Depending on what gym it is the Club Manager can waive everything but they rarely do. I was in sales with them and have seen it done.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned

goddammit
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Pushed to the limit

You have a 5 month no workout streak going. Don't blow it now.

You don't NEED to work out.

Don't worry about it.

Buying dogs kills.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:03 AM
SVT God

Quote:
goddammit

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement