When is the next transformation? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

When is the next transformation?

I haven't hopped on the scale in a long time, but one was avail tonight and I gave it a shot.

I clocked in at 260 and wasn't expecting that much. Being 5'11, on paper that is horrible.

Anyways, we need a transformation, or maybe someone who wants a friendly competition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 AM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
who wants a friendly competition
JITB 15 minutes
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
JITB 15 minutes
Eating contest? Lol

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:52 AM
que?

Quote:
Eating contest? Lol
that's my type of competition
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Rookie

When ever you're ready to change your life!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:55 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Anyways, we need a transformation, or maybe someone who wants a friendly competition.
I'm down, the past couple competitions I just flat out quit on (which i'm not happy about). Just gotten lazy I guess, really trying hard to break out of my bad habits.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Banned

I don't know, but I don't know what everybodies problem was with the last two. Sure, they're a little lacking in storyline, but it's about robots from outerspace fighting. What do you expect?

...wait...
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I'm down, the past couple competitions I just flat out quit on (which i'm not happy about). Just gotten lazy I guess, really trying hard to break out of my bad habits.
Is your goal to just drop weight? Let's do this!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Is your goal to just drop weight? Let's do this!
For the most part it's leaning out which dropping some weight in the process will be required. I jumped back up to 224 and a size 36 which isn't that big, but it's been a long time since I've been that size. I want to drop back down to about 180 and size 32. When you want to start?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Time Served

I'm in if ya'll get something going.

'00 GT 5spd. K&N filter, flowmasters.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
jitb 15 minutes
cc 2 am!

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Lifer

I'm not sure if you guys are aware but most gyms are open 7 days a week, during contests or not.

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
Same here and I'm working on it. I'm very competitive and a contest is good motivation for me, but I couldn't get passed posting up a pic of myself shirtless only to be photoshopped by all the haters.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
lol, this place sucks now

In.

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Lifer

Also would be in, Gained about 35-40 lbs last yr or so just being lazy, so I started last week but need to keep going.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Hired Hand

If you "need" a contest to succeed you'll surely fail. Get of your fat asses and get the weight off.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
If you "need" a contest to succeed you'll surely fail. Get of your fat asses and get the weight off.
How are you doing after your leg break? I saw you mentioned you gained abit.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Time Served

I want in on this one. I need to tighten back up.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
How are you doing after your leg break? I saw you mentioned you gained abit.

Been yo-yo-ing a bit. I topped out at just over 230lbs of bubble gum when I first started lifting again, and got down to 200 before I decided that I wanted my strength/size back, so I started eating again. I'm back up over 220, and my upper body strength is prolly 95% (thank god for muscle memory), but I haven't been able to do anything with my legs yet in terms of size. The plan is to start doing the leg sled again to try and get back to 230 before I cut again, but that may change depending on when the move to SD goes down.

It's a bit different doing things for health instead of ego. It's not about being the biggest or leanest any more, I'll just be glad when I can run again.

To not totally de-rail this thread, that 30lbs of bubble gum came off because I wanted it gone, not becaus there were free supplements at stake. there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition to help motivate, but not being in a contest is by no reason to slack. I am not directing this towards anyone in particular, so please don't anyone take offense. I'm just making a friendly suggestion to everyone to look internally for your motivation. Being lean and mean is a far better reward than free supps or Internet bragging rights.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Lifer

Moving to San Diego? I figured San Francisco would be your destination.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Been yo-yo-ing a bit. I topped out at just over 230lbs of bubble gum when I first started lifting again, and got down to 200 before I decided that I wanted my strength/size back, so I started eating again. I'm back up over 220, and my upper body strength is prolly 95% (thank god for muscle memory), but I haven't been able to do anything with my legs yet in terms of size. The plan is to start doing the leg sled again to try and get back to 230 before I cut again, but that may change depending on when the move to SD goes down.

It's a bit different doing things for health instead of ego. It's not about being the biggest or leanest any more, I'll just be glad when I can run again.

To not totally de-rail this thread, that 30lbs of bubble gum came off because I wanted it gone, not becaus there were free supplements at stake. there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition to help motivate, but not being in a contest is by no reason to slack. I am not directing this towards anyone in particular, so please don't anyone take offense. I'm just making a friendly suggestion to everyone to look internally for your motivation. Being lean and mean is a far better reward than free supps or Internet bragging rights.
I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I completely get what you are saying about health rather than vanity too. I'm 35 and I'm worried now about dieing due to poor diet and weight. I don't struggle with motivation at all until I have to deal with the withdrawls and then it's horrible. Gets even more frustrating seeing others just so easily able to kick what they call addictions to get healthy when it effects everything from my moods, train of thought (not being able to think of anything but that craving) and sleep. I want to be better, I want to be here for my little girl and wife, alot of times, it just feels like I'm not gonna make it.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I completely get what you are saying about health rather than vanity too. I'm 35 and I'm worried now about dieing due to poor diet and weight. I don't struggle with motivation at all until I have to deal with the withdrawls and then it's horrible. Gets even more frustrating seeing others just so easily able to kick what they call addictions to get healthy when it effects everything from my moods, train of thought (not being able to think of anything but that craving) and sleep. I want to be better, I want to be here for my little girl and wife, alot of times, it just feels like I'm not gonna make it.

That sounds a bit more serious than simple over-eating Steve, you might consider talking to someone. It sounds like you have more of an emotional/psychological fixation than a simple physical craving, and that's something that no diet pill can help. I moved alot as a kid too, and at times it seemed that the only thing in my life that I had any control over was what I ate. That may or may not have any bearing on where you're at mentally, but more often times than not there are less obvious reasons for weight gain. "Hunger" is a very comlex desire.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
I'm not sure if you guys are aware but most gyms are open 7 days a week, during contests or not.
Really? I thought Greg had contracts with them to only open during contests...

Quote:
Same here and I'm working on it. I'm very competitive and a contest is good motivation for me, but I couldn't get passed posting up a pic of myself shirtless only to be photoshopped by all the haters.
Agreed, the extra motivation is nice to get back in the groove.

What would be a good way to track progress? I'm mainly just looking to drop pounds, rather lean up, so it would be good going off weight in my case.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Agreed, the extra motivation is nice to get back in the groove.

What would be a good way to track progress? I'm mainly just looking to drop pounds, rather lean up, so it would be good going off weight in my case.
For that the scale is a good indicator, though the mirror never lies. The problem with the morror though, is that it takes a very perceptive eye to be effective.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:

You're a fag.

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
For that the scale is a good indicator, though the mirror never lies. The problem with the morror though, is that it takes a very perceptive eye to be effective.
The mirror thing is hard since you see your body everyday, pictures are the best way, but I wouldn't really wanna post them online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
You're a fag.
It must be nice to not need any motivation to get in the gym everyday. Like most a little extra motivation is what is needed, motivation knowing others are in the same boat at the same time and you don't want to look like a fool failing.

Appearantly you're not interested in the thread, so go play somewhere else.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
it must be nice to not need any motivation to get in the gym everyday.
lolololol!

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 01:45 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
It must be nice to not need any motivation to get in the gym everyday. Like most a little extra motivation is what is needed, motivation knowing others are in the same boat at the same time and you don't want to look like a fool failing.

Appearantly you're not interested in the thread, so go play somewhere else.
Aaron is no different than the rest of us really. I'm sure he has his days where he just doesn't feel like dragging his ass to the gym. Perhaps the difference is he just has better self discipline and more confidence because he's seen the results of what can happen when he sticks with it.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Lifer

Getting to the gym can be addictive. It starts out where you dread to go, then get frustrated because your body doesn't change over night and you quit. Then you start up again, maybe start seeing results and keep going.

I started out back in 1987 at 6'0' and 170 lbs. My goal was to get to 185. I was going with a friend that was a collegiate powerlifter. We were stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and the gym wasn't really good. No Hammer Strength stuff, just old "Universal" crap and free weights.

I didn't see results after a couple weeks and quit.

He talked me into getting started again and I did. At first I lost weight and then started putting on muscle. A Navy guy started joining us and this new guy started on the juice. We watched him put on 30 pounds in about 6 months. It was good solid mass and I was tempted to try the stuff seeing how well it worked. He started selling it to other guys and he went home on leave, went down to Mexico and bought a supply, and got busted coming back to base on the flight from Norfolk to GTMO. He spent some time in the brig and was awarded a Dishonorable Discharge.

After Gitmo I was stationed in Camp LeJuene, NC. I went TAD to Homestead AFB and the gym on the Air Force Base was crappy, so my parter and I joined a gym off base. It was a huge roid gym and you could watch guys pop pills and shoot up right in the gym. I met a guy that got gynocomastia (man boobs) from steroids and I never again was tempted to try the shit. Besides, I've been subject to a piss test since 1987.

I've been working out for 22 years. I have cycles when I put on weight, the most I've been is 235. I felt so fat, my pants were tight, my cheeks were chubby, etc. I've been at 217-220 for about 6 years now. I'm at probably the biggest I can ever get naturally. When I graduated from the academy I was at 205, so 15 lbs in 17 years isn't bad. I could easily lean out back to 205 or so, but when I lean out I lose power.

If you can stick with an exercise program you like, it becomes a habit. I've had this habit so long that I can't quit. If I miss a day I feel like crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement