Eating during the day - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Eating during the day

As I read more about getting into a healthier lifestyle, eating better, and consistently working out, one of the consistent tips I've read about is eating more often. The average number of meals per day is about 6 smaller meals to help keep your metabolism up. I realize we're not talking complete meals, it could be anything from a half of a sandwich, some fruit slices, small bowl of vegetables, etc... My goal is eat small meals more often during the day but here's my question: I work as a concierge and I spend on average 5-6 hours a day on the phone while being at work 9 hours a day. Only an hour of that 9 hours is spent at lunch, the rest of the time I'm waiting for a phone call if I'm not on one. Because I spend so much time on the phone I can't eat every couple of hours like I want. Pretty much the only thing we can have at our desk is water. Aside from getting a new job is there anything you'd recommend? Would getting a meal replacement shake and breaking up a couple of those throught the day be close to eating several small meals each day?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
As I read more about getting into a healthier lifestyle, eating better, and consistently working out, one of the consistent tips I've read about is eating more often. The average number of meals per day is about 6 smaller meals to help keep your metabolism up. I realize we're not talking complete meals, it could be anything from a half of a sandwich, some fruit slices, small bowl of vegetables, etc... My goal is eat small meals more often during the day but here's my question: I work as a concierge and I spend on average 5-6 hours a day on the phone while being at work 9 hours a day. Only an hour of that 9 hours is spent at lunch, the rest of the time I'm waiting for a phone call if I'm not on one. Because I spend so much time on the phone I can't eat every couple of hours like I want. Pretty much the only thing we can have at our desk is water. Aside from getting a new job is there anything you'd recommend? Would getting a meal replacement shake and breaking up a couple of those throught the day be close to eating several small meals each day?
Find a protein shake that fills your calorie needs, protein, carbs, and fat, for the meals you're missing out on.

You could keep RTD's in the fridge at work, or just a tub of powder and a shaker at your desk. If you have 30 seconds between phone calls, you can mix, shake and drink a shake in that time. Hell the powdered shakes I make, i have to drink in one chug, because the chalky flavor over time gets to me.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt View Post
Hell the powdered shakes I make, i have to drink in one chug, because the chalky flavor over time gets to me.
Should have purchased some Myofusion.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Texas Rangers #1

What's worked for me is preparing the food the night before, and seperating each meal into small containers, and then keeping it in the fridge at work. If you don't get but one lunch break, do you get 15 minute breaks every 2 hours? I know most places do, you could run to the fridge grab your sandwich/fruit/etc and eat it at your desk.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Should have purchased some Myofusion.
WORD.

I go from Syntha 6 Choco peanut butter to MyoFusion Chocolate to Monster Milk vanilla to Syntha 6 Mochaccino to some BS plain vanilla Body Fortress whey and keep my palate guessing. Powdered stuff never gets old when you don't have a routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Lifer

What they said. I eat a lot of string cheese and beef jerky at work because it's small and a quick eat.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
CEO of......

Almonds. I would eat my big meals at 8:30, 12:30 and 6:30. And at 10:30, 2:30, and 4:30 i'd have a big handful of almonds. And days that i worked out i would even have a protien shake at night afterwards.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:15 PM
lol, this place sucks now

String cheese, almonds, peanut butter, fruit, those single packets of tuna, and/or yogurt for me

DFW Mustangs dot net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement