Your personal diet "do's and dont's" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Your personal diet "do's and dont's"

With all of the overwhelming information out there and all of the fad diets, it's abit confusing for someone like myself who hasn't really ever seriously dieted. Aside from the obvious, no fatty fast/fried foods, cutting out the sugar/caffiene, eating less but more often, no processed food and more natural foods, carbs like pasta/bread/potatoe.

For example, there is alot of conflicting information about fruit and what it does the metabolism by spiking the insulin levels. On the other hand, that completely contradicts the natural foods approach. So is fruit ok to eat or not? I like to eat grapes since they are sweet and seem to be a good replacement for bad sweets.

So what foods do you have your diets that are a must and stuff you avoid?

<----Lost.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Lifer

Well, I am not one to talk about dieting, I am 6'0 260, so my fat ass is having trouble. But, thats mainly because I don't diet, and when I start it doesn't last long.

But, you would have to think natural foods, like fruit, and vegetables, should naturally help you. And I mean the organic stuff, not the normal fruits and veggies full of chemicals. Starches are not a vegetable by the way.

As far as other foods go, yea it's probably a good start to just cut out fried foods, cokes and greasy foods.

Thats just my thoughts on how to get started. But I can never even start. But I hear cutting out soft drinks makes a huge difference.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Lifer

I have been on the diet where you can eat what you want as long as you work hard enough to burn it off. I am by no means shredded (5'11'' 211lbs 12% bf.) but if that is what I was going for I would torture myself and eat healthy.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Thats just my thoughts on how to get started. But I can never even start. But I hear cutting out soft drinks makes a huge difference.
That's where I struggle so bad. I'm such a fuckin junkie, it's hard to stay focused at times and I get discouraged. Soft drinks are a huge vice with me. I'm not even sure if its the sugar or the caffiene I rely on more. Like now, going through withdrawls, I feel slow, sluggish mentally and physically and it's making me really fucking irritable.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
CEO of......

the last 2 months i haven't really worked out or ate right. But when i was and when i get back on it, my main thing was no bread, except for a sandwich and that was with wheat. I also laid off the sweets, might have had some ONE day a week, maybe. Mainly ate chicken, chicken and more chicken. And if i just had to do the fast food thing like taco bell, i'd go with the new chicken burrito or chicken taco.

Looking back at it all, eating right was probably the easiest thing. i had to MAKE myself run and workout. And i'm fixing to have to make myself start back up lol
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
That's where I struggle so bad. I'm such a fuckin junkie, it's hard to stay focused at times and I get discouraged. Soft drinks are a huge vice with me. I'm not even sure if its the sugar or the caffiene I rely on more. Like now, going through withdrawls, I feel slow, sluggish mentally and physically and it's making me really fucking irritable.
Yea, a couple of weeks ago I didn't have a soft drink all day, and I had to play a softball game that night. I was having a hard time.

I have cut the soft drinks out in the past for weeks at a time, but as soon as I slip and drink one, its back into that caffeine heaven.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
the last 2 months i haven't really worked out or ate right. But when i was and when i get back on it, my main thing was no bread, except for a sandwich and that was with wheat. I also laid off the sweets, might have had some ONE day a week, maybe. Mainly ate chicken, chicken and more chicken. And if i just had to do the fast food thing like taco bell, i'd go with the new chicken burrito or chicken taco.

Looking back at it all, eating right was probably the easiest thing. i had to MAKE myself run and workout. And i'm fixing to have to make myself start back up lol
Even if your eating all chicken, you have to watch out for all the additives that go into them. The sodium in some of the chicken out there is ridonkulus.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
CEO of......

oh yeah, and water is all i drink. Sweet tea every now and then if i'm at the house. But out at lunch or out to dinner, it's always water. Plus it keeps the cost of my meals down drinking water lol
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Even if your eating all chicken, you have to watch out for all the additives that go into them. The sodium in some of the chicken out there is ridonkulus.

i never worried about the sodium. For snacks, because i'm lazy, i used to buy the chicken breast lunch meat and eat half or if i was hungry the whole thing.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Very Interesting

Steve, the hardest part is getting into a routine.

Like last night, just like every Monday I go to my local bar, where they have 2 dollar burger and fries.

I got the 8 dollar cobb salad, with vinegarette

My rules which got me down 90 pounds are simple.

5-6 meals a day consisting of an average of 300-400 calories each

at least two of those meals in the form of protein shake

I try for 50-60 percent protein, 30 percent low glycemic carbs, and 10-20g good fat

I try to eat the same meals throughout the week, maybe not the exact same lunch everday, but i have two or three types of lunches I'll eat like:

Grilled chicken salad
grilled chicken brown rice and veggies
grilled chicken sandwich on 100% whole wheat

Breakfasts for the most part are scrambled egg beaters, add turkey breast, onions, peppers, etc.
Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter
dry whole wheat toast with scrambled eggs

Dinners are open, if I'm out i try to stay with salads, vegetables, and chicken or even steak. No bread, no starches, no sugars.

Now this is a 90% diet. I believe you'll never be successful in anything if you don't allow yourself some cheat time. But rather than most people's thought of 1 cheat day a week.

I allow myself 1 cheat MEAL every 2 weeks. and i don't go overboard, i eat normal portions, no seconds, or buffets, or anything like that. But I may have a burger and fries once every two weeks, if I want to.

Getting your body used to 5-6 small meals a day is the hardest part. Once you get there, you'll find you can't eat anywhere near what you used to, even on your cheat meal.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Very Interesting

I also try to drink 2 gallons of water a day at least. but I do have a soda here and there.

And as everyone knows, I'm a boozer. So I drink probably 4 times a week. On days that I drink, I'll cut my normal food calorie content down 400-500 calories.

I take 2 fish oil, 4 orange triads, and now 1 Slim Extreme a day, everyday, no questions asked.

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt View Post

Like last night, just like every Monday I go to my local bar, where they have 2 dollar burger and fries.

I try for 50-60 percent protein, 30 percent low glycemic carbs, and 10-20g good fat

I try to eat the same meals throughout the week, maybe not the exact same lunch everday, but i have two or three types of lunches I'll eat like:

Grilled chicken salad

Breakfasts for the most part are scrambled egg beaters, add turkey breast, onions, peppers, etc.

Dinners are open, if I'm out i try to stay with salads, vegetables, and chicken or even steak. No bread, no starches, no sugars.

Now this is a 90% diet. I believe you'll never be successful in anything if you don't allow yourself some cheat time. But rather than most people's thought of 1 cheat day a week.

I allow myself 1 cheat MEAL every 2 weeks. and i don't go overboard, i eat normal portions, no seconds, or buffets, or anything like that. But I may have a burger and fries once every two weeks, if I want to.

Getting your body used to 5-6 small meals a day is the hardest part. Once you get there, you'll find you can't eat anywhere near what you used to, even on your cheat meal.
Grilled chicken salad

Matt, when you first started did you find yourself feeling really weak after eating these three meals? I tried those, and an hour later I would feel really weak, especially the grilled chicken brown rice and veggies.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:

Grilled chicken salad

Quote:
I also try to drink 2 gallons of water a day at least. but I do have a soda here and there.

And as everyone knows, I'm a boozer. So I drink probably 4 times a week. On days that I drink, I'll cut my normal food calorie content down 400-500 calories.

I take 2 fish oil, 4 orange triads, and now 1 Slim Extreme a day, everyday, no questions asked.

Excellent information Matt, thanks. I noticed no mention of fruit in your diet. Any reason for that?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Grilled chicken salad

Matt, when you first started did you find yourself feeling really weak after eating these three meals? I tried those, and an hour later I would feel really weak, especially the grilled chicken brown rice and veggies.
not at all, I ate a meal every 2 hours at first

9am
11am
1pm
3pm
5pm
7pm

then i was done for the day

i was eating about 12 oz of chicken breast tho, and 1 cup of brown rice cooked, and about 2 cups of grilled veggies.

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Excellent information Matt, thanks. I noticed no mention of fruit in your diet. Any reason for that?
fruit is something i'd only add back in when you know your glycemic limitations

everyone is different.

the insulin spikes for certain fruits are a lot more than others.

But i consider fruit to be sugar. And i avoid sugar as much as possible, natural or not.

Here are some fruits you could add back in, but I would put in at least 3 months before I did. Maybe cantelope in the begining but i wouldn't have more than one serving a day. It's the lowest fruit on the glycemic index.

Then after 3 months you could add in 1-2 servings a day of any of the following:
Apples
fresh apricots
bananas
blackberries
cherries
cranberries
grapefruit
guava
kiwis
lemons
limes
oranges
papayas
peaches
plums
raspberries
strawberries
tangerines
tomatoes.

But I'd stay away from these at all costs, they are on the HIGH side of the glycemic index:

watermelon
Any dried fruit
blueberries
figs
grapes
kumquats
loganberries
mangoes
mulberries
pears
pineapple
pomegranates
prunes.

post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Very Interesting

another good ammount of info for you, when deciding your calorie, fat, carb, protein intake...

fat consists of 9 calories per gram
protein consists of 4 calories per gram
carbs consist of 4 calories per gram

so let's say you are doing a 2000 calorie diet, with 50 percent protein, 30 percent carbs, and 20 percent fat

That's a total of the following

Fat - 400 calories - 45g
Carbs - 600 calories - 150g
Protein - 1000 calories - 250g

If you are a 250 pound guy, that falls right into 1g protein per pound of body weight.

I know you don't drink all that much, but add this... 1g alcohol = 7 calories

post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
KAZ
Time Served

Quote:
Grilled chicken salad

I have been eating an apple before my big 3 meals to help curb my appetite and keep my energy level up until my next snack.
I've been averaging 1500 calories a day and drinking 1 -1.5 gal. of water a day and I haven't been feeling weak. I think the apple and my in between snacks really help me though.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:

everyone is different.

But i consider fruit to be sugar. And i avoid sugar as much as possible, natural or not.

Here are some fruits you could add back in, but I would put in at least 3 months before I did. Maybe cantelope in the begining but i wouldn't have more than one serving a day. It's the lowest fruit on the glycemic index.

Then after 3 months you could add in 1-2 servings a day of any of the following:
Apples
fresh apricots
bananas
blackberries
cherries
cranberries
grapefruit
guava
kiwis
lemons
limes
oranges
papayas
peaches
plums
raspberries
strawberries
tangerines
tomatoes.

But I'd stay away from these at all costs, they are on the HIGH side of the glycemic index:

watermelon
Any dried fruit
blueberries
figs
grapes
kumquats
loganberries
mangoes
mulberries
pears
pineapple
pomegranates
prunes.

Looks like I need to find another sugar substitute. Splenda isn't to bad, but my wife was telling me the other day she read that Splenda slows the metabolism. Bah!

Quote:
another good ammount of info for you, when deciding your calorie, fat, carb, protein intake...

so let's say you are doing a 2000 calorie diet, with 50 percent protein, 30 percent carbs, and 20 percent fat

Fat - 400 calories - 45g

If you are a 250 pound guy, that falls right into 1g protein per pound of body weight.

Very cool. Just wrote that down and stuck it on the fridge and in my diet/activity log. That will help for sure. Actually makes me feel abit better and not so "information overloaded". Thankfully, I don't drink much so that's one less vice to kick.

How long did it take you to lose that 90lbs?

How much excersise were you getting during this diet?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:

everyone is different.

Apples
fresh apricots
bananas
blackberries
cherries
cranberries
grapefruit
guava
kiwis
lemons
limes
oranges
papayas
peaches
plums
raspberries
strawberries
tangerines
tomatoes.

watermelon
Any dried fruit
blueberries
figs
grapes
kumquats
loganberries
mangoes
mulberries
pears
pineapple
pomegranates
prunes.
Subscribed to thread. Hopefully others chime in. I need to lose about 50 lbs. I would like to get down to 200ish. I am starting to have trouble moving around. I am slow as hell running the bases in softball.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Looks like I need to find another sugar substitute. Splenda isn't to bad, but my wife was telling me the other day she read that Splenda slows the metabolism. Bah!

Very cool. Just wrote that down and stuck it on the fridge and in my diet/activity log. That will help for sure. Actually makes me feel abit better and not so "information overloaded". Thankfully, I don't drink much so that's one less vice to kick.

How long did it take you to lose that 90lbs?

How much excersise were you getting during this diet?
It's been about a year and a half.

Currently I lift 3 days a week, and do cardio 1-2

For a good portion of the begining, say the first 30 pounds was diet alone. Staying around 2000 calories.

The next 40 were lifting 3-4 days a week, and cardio 4-5 days a week, with 30 min on lifting days, and 45-60 min on non lifting days.

Calories were up here between 2500-3000 a day
I was down to 252 at the end of the contest, but those 25 pounds were all diet, as I didn't have time to get to the gym with work and life. 1500 calories a day 5 meals a day, no cheat days.

But I put about 15 of those back on after the contest as soon as I slipped on the diet.

I'm down to 260 today, and for the last few weeks it's been 3 days a week lifting 1-2 days a week cardio. Diet is 2000-2500 calories a day, 5-6 meals.

Although my lowest "weight" was 252, i'm less body fat percentage now at 260, than i was at 252.

post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Very Interesting

oh, and go register and use www.dailyplate.com

nothing keeps you more on yourself than seeing your mistakes added up in front of you, or knowing where you stand all day long. It's been great for me.

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Thanks for all the great information Matt. I will be putting it to good use.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Very Interesting

i think the biggest key to succes is finding what works for you, it took me forever, from fad diet to fad diet, from losing 40 pounds to gaining it all back, for me to find something I can stick with consistantly and use everyday.

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
i think the biggest key to succes is finding what works for you, it took me forever, from fad diet to fad diet, from losing 40 pounds to gaining it all back, for me to find something I can stick with consistantly and use everyday.
The biggest thing for me is CHEESE. I eat cheese with almost anything. I know there is no way that is good for me, but its addicting. I don't drink alot, don't smoke, so I have to say my main vice as far as addiction goes is food related stuff.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
The biggest thing for me is CHEESE. I eat cheese with almost anything. I know there is no way that is good for me, but its addicting. I don't drink alot, don't smoke, so I have to say my main vice as far as addiction goes is food related stuff.
switch to fat free cheeses, and cut your normal portions in half.

post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
switch to fat free cheeses, and cut your normal portions in half.
It took forever for me to get to like the 2% cheeses. Cutting in half rrrrrrr.

I got off of peanut butter, I used to love that stuff too. Maybe I just crave fats.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Very Interesting

i eat peanut butter everyday, about 2 TBSP worth either in a protein shake, or on a whole wheat bagel.

Peanut butter is loaded with good stuff, just have it in moderation.
over 80% of the fat in peanut butter is unsaturated fat, a good source of vitamin E, folic acid, and protein.

post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Lifer

Do you think your body craves certain foods because it knows it needs certain vitamins or proteins in that particular food?

And yes, moderation is probably the key on ALL of this.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Do you think your body craves certain foods because it knows it needs certain vitamins or proteins in that particular food?

And yes, moderation is probably the key on ALL of this.
no, i think it craves flavors, because of the endorphine rush created by satisfying cravings.

honestly, if it wasn't for flavor, i could strictly live off of shakes, fiber pills, water, and multi-vitamins

post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Packin' up...

Good luck JKD. I'd like to start getting in shape myself for Vegas in March. Just ordered some Slim Extreme from Grayhorse.

Even if it doesn't work it's a mental incentive to keep my diet cleaner.
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
i eat peanut butter everyday, about 2 TBSP worth either in a protein shake, or on a whole wheat bagel.

Peanut butter is loaded with good stuff, just have it in moderation.
over 80% of the fat in peanut butter is unsaturated fat, a good source of vitamin E, folic acid, and protein.
I had no idea. I knew peanuts were high in iron which help your immune system, didnt know the rest of that though. Always assumed peanut butter was bad.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Good luck JKD. I'd like to start getting in shape myself for Vegas in March. Just ordered some Slim Extreme from Grayhorse.

Even if it doesn't work it's a mental incentive to keep my diet cleaner.
Thanks. I'm giving it a full effort. I'm tired of failing at this.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
I had no idea. I knew peanuts were high in iron which help your immune system, didnt know the rest of that though. Always assumed peanut butter was bad.
it does have a lot of fat, but when it's mostly unsaturated, that's not so bad considering you really do need fat in your diet.

2TBS Jif Creamy
190 calories
3g saturated fat
13g unsaturated fat
7g carbs
2g fiber
8g protein

2TBS Jif Low Fat (really you lose 4g of the good fat and none of the bad, and 8g more in carbs, mostly sugar)
190 calories
3g saturated fat
9g unsaturated fat
15g carbs
2g fiber
8g protein

That's the problem with a lot of reduced fat foods, when its good fat being replaced with sugar, what's the benefit?

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
it does have a lot of fat, but when it's mostly unsaturated, that's not so bad considering you really do need fat in your diet.

2TBS Jif Creamy
190 calories
3g saturated fat
13g unsaturated fat
7g carbs
2g fiber
8g protein

2TBS Jif Low Fat (really you lose 4g of the good fat and none of the bad, and 8g more in carbs, mostly sugar)
190 calories
3g saturated fat
9g unsaturated fat
15g carbs
2g fiber
8g protein

That's the problem with a lot of reduced fat foods, when its good fat being replaced with sugar, what's the benefit?
Wtf! What a damn scam.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Wtf! What a damn scam.
Ha yea I never really have gotten on with the reduced fat thing. just on cheese, because the wife just insisted.
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Fat - 400 calories - 45g

If you are a solid 250lbs of MUSCLE, you will consume wayyyyyy more than 2,000 calories a day.
Point blank, period!
On average, I consume around 5000-7000 per day.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
If you are a solid 250lbs of MUSCLE, you will consume wayyyyyy more than 2,000 calories a day.
Point blank, period!
Oh i agree, i'm not talking to low bf guys here. I'm talking about guys looking to lose weight.

I want to get to 220, and i'm at 260, so I try to stick to 2000-2500 calories

post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Point blank, period!
Maybe but what I think Matt and all of us thats posted needs about 2k a day. Thats normally what is needed to lose fat. I am sure Matt will eventually have to bulk up the calories once he gets leaner.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh i agree, i'm not talking to low bf guys here. I'm talking about guys looking to lose weight.

You are doing a great job man and it shows.
Keep it up!

Like I've always said, the scale doesn't show results...the mirror does!
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Point blank, period!
Holy crap! That's a TON of food since it's all clean food. No way could I eat all that.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm 285lbs right now. I will get to 200lbs again if it kills me. I can't live like this anymore.

Quote:
You are doing a great job man and it shows.
Keep it up!

Like I've always said, the scale doesn't show results...the mirror does!
Very true. I feel like a chick hating the scale so much! lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Holy crap! That's a TON of food since it's all clean food. No way could I eat all that.
Bro...I'm gonna be the first to eat TWO SuperMonsters from Freebirds in one sitting(one hour or less).
Mark my word on that!
I eat one now and I'm still hungry as it is.

Put it this way, on average...whenever I got into Chipotle, I always order 3 of their burritos and eat at once.
Tortilla, rice, black beans, chicken with extra chicken, and lettuce only, each and every time.
I only eat clean foods.
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Bro...I'm gonna be the first to eat TWO SuperMonsters from Freebirds in one sitting(one hour or less).
Mark my word on that!
I eat one now and I'm still hungry as it is.

Put it this way, on average...whenever I got into Chipotle, I always order 3 of their burritos and eat at once.
Tortilla, rice, black beans, chicken with extra chicken, and lettuce only, each and every time.
I only eat clean foods.
Ohhh. Ok. So you're not eating completely clean probably since you get so much excersise. Adam, (ThreeFingerPete) gave me that lil tip about Chipotle. That if I HAD to eat out, that's a reasonable choice. Getting a bowl, with meat, rice, veggies, but skip the cream and tortilla (which is 400 calories alone!)

Btw, you're insane for eating that much! You should take video of you eating TWO monsters. I'm probably twice your size but yet couldn't even eat one of those things. lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
CEO of......

one thing people don't realize, and me either when i started, is the cost of eating right and working out. Shit's not cheap. Especially when you live paycheck to paycheck
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
one thing people don't realize, and me either when i started, is the cost of eating right and working out. Shit's not cheap. Especially when you live paycheck to paycheck
That really depends.

compared to 5-8 dollars per meal, fast food.

Even my RTD's are 2 dollars per can. And powdered protein is as low as .75 a serving when bought in bulk.

But it can be expensive if you don't buy in bulk.

post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
That really depends.

compared to 5-8 dollars per meal, fast food.

Even my RTD's are 2 dollars per can. And powdered protein is as low as .75 a serving when bought in bulk.

But it can be expensive if you don't buy in bulk.

yeah i don't buy in bulk
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
yeah i don't buy in bulk
if you're going to do it long term, then why wouldn't you?

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Supplements are a whole another thing I need to learn and tackle. But I need to make sure I'm eating clean 100% before doing so. No point in supplementing crap. I think I at least need to get a meal replacement shake at this point though.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Very Interesting

i'd recommend finding what you are missing in your daily needs, calories, protein, carbs, and fat, then go look for a shake, or mix that fills those needs

I have 4 different ones I use, and Im going to Stangin4lyfe has at least 6

as you get further down the road, you'll find that different times, you might need different things. Like for an after workout i really like the monster milk, because of the BCAA's and extras in it, as well as a vitamin water for the sugar.

But for a meal replacement i like high protein, low carb.

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
if you're going to do it long term, then why wouldn't you?

cause i don't have a set schedule, at anything. I don't have a gym that i go to, so when i do workout it's out of the house. I guess i know that i wouldn't be dedicated to it, so i don't won't to buy in bulk and have supps just sitting there going to waste.

Like i said up there, making myself workout is the hardest thing for me. I've already lost the weight and almost all my gut, now i just need to stop being lazy about it.
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
cutting out the caffiene,
Blapshemy.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement