cycle question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

cycle question

i have been slowly getting into working out. right now im 6'4" 165 lbs so i am very tall/lean(skinny haha). i have been talking to a friend that recommended doing a cycle of deca and winstrol to help bulk me up and cut me up. any one familiar with these and/or know how much doing one cycle would help? im not looking to get huge because i want to keep my flexibility for golf, but i would like to put on 20ish lbs and gain a decent amount of muscle so im not as skinny looking. if anyone has any good input please post up( or PM me if needed).

also, what are the chances of these showing up on a DOT drug test if i get picked for a random?

1998 Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Rookie

Do you think you are naturally limited to the point you're at now? Im sure you can make the gains you want with the basic supplements and regular gym visits.

It's a way of life, if you're not in the gym 5 days a week you won’t keep the gains anyway.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

i am going probably 3-4 times per week do to my job. i have always been skin bones growing up as is all my brothers, dad, etc. i think i could be able to tone up but i dont think i will ever get much more mass than i have now naturally which is why i was thinking about doing just one cycle to get me going and then just keep in the gym to keep what i gain. i'll try finding a decent picture to show my frame size.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

not the greatest pic of me(in green/blue shirt) but its all i have on my work laptop. i would like to get to aruond the size of the guy beside me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1-14A_0001.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	93875  

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Lifer

You don't need all that crap to put on some weight. Start drinking protein shakes immediately post-workout and get some creatine. If you can get 3000 calories a day and at least 150g of protein you should start seeing results pretty quickly since you don't have much fat on you.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

maybe i need to check into a diet plan..i have no idea how many calories i eat now, im sure its nowhere near 3000 calories. any good sites to get info on a diet plan for a skinny guy like me looking to get larger?

and im going to cancun in 6 months so i need to look good for it haha

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Lifer

Just eat everything man. If you want something really specific then search for "p90x nutrition guide" and do phase 3 (which should be the 3k calorie diet...if it's not use whichever one is).

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Scared s**tless

I have a friend I've been working out with that has gone from 125 to 155 in 3 months. No supps other than Size-On for the last month (he was 153 before starting it, too!)

I have him taking down 3,500 calories a day and 200+ grams of protein, and he chases me on all of my workouts. metabolism can limit you, but you can get around it naturally. Ask Greg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
I have a friend I've been working out with that has gone from 125 to 155 in 3 months. No supps other than Size-On for the last month (he was 153 before starting it, too!)

I have him taking down 3,500 calories a day and 200+ grams of protein, and he chases me on all of my workouts. metabolism can limit you, but you can get around it naturally. Ask Greg!

if i can get my size built up while doing it with supplements(otc) and a diet/protien then that is what i want..im not wanting the easy way out i just didnt think that would help me gain as much as i would like.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
if i can get my size built up while doing it with supplements(otc) and a diet/protien then that is what i want..im not wanting the easy way out i just didnt think that would help me gain as much as i would like.
My body is 155lbs naturally, that's what i was when i started and thats what i went down to 4 years ago when i got injured. While training and force feeding i can naturally get to 205 and i promise you i have a smaller bone structure than you do and a metab just as fast. No matter how much i train and force feed 205 is all my body allows.
Metab. and shitting takes over from there.
I dont think someone in your position is ready for steriods to be honiest.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
My body is 155lbs naturally, that's what i was when i started and thats what i went down to 4 years ago when i got injured. While training and force feeding i can naturally get to 205 and i promise you i have a smaller bone structure than you do and a metab just as fast. No matter how much i train and force feed 205 is all my body allows.
Metab. and shitting takes over from there.
I dont think someone in your position is ready for steriods to be honiest.

sent you a PM

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

Like Grayhorse, I know that without exercise I will go back to 180lbs. However, naturally I've been well into the 2's. I'm 6'1 and have great flexability except my arm reaching behind my back.. @218lbs I could still run a 17:28 3 mile. So it really depends on how hard you push yourself. Judging by your pic, it wouldn't take a lot to put on lean muscle.

Besides, if your looking for 20lbs, deca/win may not be the best thing for you. I'd suggest eating a lot and very clean along side getting your ass kicked in the gym. test therapy should only be used as a last resort. Not saying you don't know anything, but getting into test is a whole new ball game of knowledge, with long term effects.

Testing... If it was for work, Testing would have to be specific. If it was for a sport, that would be a different story..

Often times I hear "I can't put on muscle or weight", my question to them is "are you human?" Suck it the fuck up, train hard and shovel calories into your mouth, your body wont have an option.

Right now I sit at 205 natural, and I no longer have a left arm. Stop listening to your friend and bust your ass... it's really the only pay off

Me 2 weeks ago...

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
Like Grayhorse, I know that without exercise I will go back to 180lbs. However, naturally I've been well into the 2's. I'm 6'1 and have great flexability except my arm reaching behind my back.. @218lbs I could still run a 17:28 3 mile. So it really depends on how hard you push yourself. Judging by your pic, it wouldn't take a lot to put on lean muscle.

Besides, if your looking for 20lbs, deca/win may not be the best thing for you. I'd suggest eating a lot and very clean along side getting your ass kicked in the gym. test therapy should only be used as a last resort. Not saying you don't know anything, but getting into test is a whole new ball game of knowledge, with long term effects.

Testing... If it was for work, Testing would have to be specific. If it was for a sport, that would be a different story..

Often times I hear "I can't put on muscle or weight", my question to them is "are you human?" Suck it the fuck up, train hard and shovel calories into your mouth, your body wont have an option.

Right now I sit at 205 natural, and I no longer have a left arm. Stop listening to your friend and bust your ass... it's really the only pay off

Me 2 weeks ago...

im starting today on the "suck it the fuck up" train HAHA. i would kill for arms like those(not meaning that ina gay way) hahahaha.

so far i had a whey protein drink for breakfast, a few peanuts this morning for snack, half chicken from bbq place with beans and potato salad for lunch, and about to eat some chicken and rice for dinner...working out at 6 and will follow it up with another protein drink. sounding pretty good for a start? or what should i work on?

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Lifer

Sounds good so far. Are you counting your calories?

Look into getting some creatine powder that you can mix in with your protein shake also. And drink looooooooots of water.

Edit: My natural weight was 135 lbs. I'm currently at 155 after about 3 months of lifting. I could probably in the 160s but I don't eat enough. If I can do it then you can sure as hell do it. I was skin and bones.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Sounds good so far. Are you counting your calories?

Look into getting some creatine powder that you can mix in with your protein shake also. And drink looooooooots of water.

Edit: My natural weight was 135 lbs. I'm currently at 155 after about 3 months of lifting. I could probably in the 160s but I don't eat enough. If I can do it then you can sure as hell do it. I was skin and bones.

i havent really counted my calories..i know i had about 400 at dinner according to the box the rice came in and the 2 pieces of chicken....but as for lunch i have no idea how many calories that really was. i looked online and the 2 or 3 sites i found were saying a 1/2 chicken with the skin was around 400-700 calories which seems high..but i dont really know. im sure im nowhere near 3000 calories today. fixing to go make me a protein drink and get ready to go hit the gym. i need to come up with a good m,w,f workout schedule since those are the days i seem to get to work out on due to my work schedule.

what supplements should i look into purchasing to take..im new to all this diet and supplement stuff so any help is appreciated.

also im taking this protein..is it any good? http://www.vitacost.com/Iron-Tek-Ess...hocolate-Fudge

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
i havent really counted my calories..i know i had about 400 at dinner according to the box the rice came in and the 2 pieces of chicken....but as for lunch i have no idea how many calories that really was. i looked online and the 2 or 3 sites i found were saying a 1/2 chicken with the skin was around 400-700 calories which seems high..but i dont really know. im sure im nowhere near 3000 calories today. fixing to go make me a protein drink and get ready to go hit the gym. i need to come up with a good m,w,f workout schedule since those are the days i seem to get to work out on due to my work schedule.

what supplements should i look into purchasing to take..im new to all this diet and supplement stuff so any help is appreciated.

also im taking this protein..is it any good? http://www.vitacost.com/Iron-Tek-Ess...hocolate-Fudge
Supplements:
hamburger
cheese
peanut butter
whole milk
potatoes
whole grain bread

eat, repeat until full. continue repeating.

any whey protein is good right now, you're just trying to throw calories, bust your ass and make it stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I'm not sure. It doesn't say it's Whey Protein on there anywhere so I'm assuming it's not. Whey Protein is best. I prefer Optimum Nutrition because it tastes good. Don't buy that crap at Wal-Mart.

This is the creatine I use: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html

Other than those two you really don't need any other supplements. I'd recommend taking Fish Oil caps and a multivitamin as well.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

you cant see by the pic but it says includes why protein isolate, significant levels of BCAA, lactase and other digestive enzymes..

now i need to order me some creotine and that orange triad greg has talked about.

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
Yep, I didn't mistype anything...I've only got one hand/arm to use.

Quote:

You're doing it all wrong... It may be a good protein, but A.) it's not from Greg "Grayhorse" B.) You're not supporting your local supplier! C.) You don't have to buy shit! Protein, vitamins etc. are "supplements" Use them as such. Get everything you need from food first, then add in supps when needed. *protein, maybe creatine, and vitamins*. Orange triad is good for a bunch of things, so go with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Supplements:
hamburger
cheese
peanut butter
whole milk
potatoes
whole grain bread

eat, repeat until full. continue repeating.

any whey protein is good right now, you're just trying to throw calories, bust your ass and make it stick.
^^^ This will put weight on you! Follow it, Don's got the gameplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I'm not sure. It doesn't say it's Whey Protein on there anywhere so I'm assuming it's not. Whey Protein is best. I prefer Optimum Nutrition because it tastes good. Don't buy that crap at Wal-Mart.

This is the creatine I use: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html

Other than those two you really don't need any other supplements. I'd recommend taking Fish Oil caps and a multivitamin as well.
^^^ You're doing it all wrong as well, Please refer to A&B from my earlier quote. you'll save yourself time/money I'm sure.

Quote:
you cant see by the pic but it says includes why protein isolate, significant levels of BCAA, lactase and other digestive enzymes..

now i need to order me some creotine and that orange triad greg has talked about.
Don't listen to all the hype out there. You don't need roids or all this OTC shit. Get the bare minimum and eat like you're a fatboy with a disorder. It would be impossible to not put on weight. Also, get your technique down in the gym first, then follow that up with pushing some fucking weight.

militarysignatures.com

'94 Cobra
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Lifer

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
if you don't mind me asking, how did you loose your arm? (I'm going to assume its related to you being a Marine)
No sir, no relation. I hit a bunch of gravel wash down going around a highway corner here in Columbus Ohio, which took my bike out from under me. I went sailing into a gaurdrail at 60mph. My arm/side stopped me on the post of the gaurdrail. 60-0mph in a second. I thought I was fine, other than my second elbow in the middle of my humerus and my inability to feel my hand.

oh and it ripped a little skin off my knee.. lol

militarysignatures.com

'94 Cobra
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 PM
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
im starting today on the "suck it the fuck up" train HAHA. i would kill for arms like those(not meaning that ina gay way) hahahaha.

so far i had a whey protein drink for breakfast, a few peanuts this morning for snack, half chicken from bbq place with beans and potato salad for lunch, and about to eat some chicken and rice for dinner...working out at 6 and will follow it up with another protein drink. sounding pretty good for a start? or what should i work on?
So far it sounds like you're a million calories off from kick starting this shit. EAT man! What are you afraid of brother?! Not seeing a rib!?
All jokes aside, when I was at my heaviest, I was training hard and eating my heart out. I felt full all the damn time.
Don't worry about getting fat, just start stock piling for now.

BTW thanks for the compliment.

Once you do put on some great weight, then worry about leaning down. This should come easy to you since you're lean already.. For example...

Me gaining..

Then cutting.. *hadn't yet cut water*

Enjoy it all, if you're serious, then make it a lifestyle cause really that's what it is...

Good luck, and if you ever need help, post up we'll do what we can!

militarysignatures.com

'94 Cobra
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Hired Hand

As has already been said, you are not a canidate for anabolic steroids. Everything that you are lookign to accomplish can be done with diet and a little hard work. If you don't have the diet and training regimen to add and maintain an extra 20lbs, A/S wouldn't work all that great any way. Sure you'd feel great and poundages would go up with every workout, but as soon as you were to cycle off, most if not all gains would disappear.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
So far it sounds like you're a million calories off from kick starting this shit. EAT man! What are you afraid of brother?! Not seeing a rib!?
All jokes aside, when I was at my heaviest, I was training hard and eating my heart out. I felt full all the damn time.

Once you do put on some great weight, then worry about leaning down. This should come easy to you since you're lean already.. For example...

Me gaining..

Then cutting.. *hadn't yet cut water*

Enjoy it all, if you're serious, then make it a lifestyle cause really that's what it is...

Good luck, and if you ever need help, post up we'll do what we can!

Just noticed in your sig pic you were ordinance, i know its not important just pointing out an observation
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:22 AM

yes I was! Prior/current yourself?

militarysignatures.com

'94 Cobra
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Lifer

Prior Navy trying to get reactivated, but wasn't ordinance, but was your next door neighbor in P-cola, was in Charlie barracks.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Mr. Instigator

Quote:

i work in the oilfield so how often and how much i can eat on most days is limited. i know yesterday i was forcing myself to finish everything i had to eat. i was not the least bit hungry at any point of the day. i'll keep working toward eating as much and as often as i can. i have a whole jar of peanut butter and crackers, a couple sandwiches and chips, and peanuts to eat on all day since im out in the field today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement