LA Fitness - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
The Stock Vert Club

LA Fitness

Just wanted to post up what I think is a pretty good deal that my wife and I signed up for at LA Fitness. We have been with 24hr Fitness for about 6 years and have been pretty unhappy with the condition, staff, and clientel at the location closest to us (Lewisville).

Today we went to the LA Fitness in Denton and talked with Mike... Stated up front that we wanted a no B.S. deal with the best possible price. We did a pre-paid plan $719 per person for 3 years pre-paid... comes out to $19.99 per month. Renewal after the three years is $179. He added child care for our daughter for $1 per month (normally $10).

Just figured I would post up... I talked to the Lewisville LA Fitness about a year ago and even with me trying to get the price down and walking out they wouldn't offer anything like this. I can say this... I will never step foot in a 24hr Fitness again!! These clubs are NICE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Founding Member

So you had to front $1438 for 3 years?

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
is chilaxing

Did that for wife awhile back. For her, they offered I believe $100 after that for life.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:51 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I've been a member of LA Fitness for 2 1/2 years (I've been giving them money to not use their facilities) and they just quit debiting my account without notice...kinda strange and haven't had time to ask any questions.

EDIT

Nevermind, my CC expired and I hadn't updated it with them...

Last edited by HOOCBB; 08-21-2009 at 11:57 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:59 AM
WTF is Zed?

I may have to try them next. I'm getting tired of 24's BS. Shit is always broken and it takes forever to fix it. And they don't clean for shit.

The club in Little Elm is only a year old and going donwhill fast...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post
I may have to try them next. I'm getting tired of 24's BS. Shit is always broken and it takes forever to fix it. And they don't clean for shit.

That's exactly why I left 24... The location in Lewisville is freaking GHETTO! I can't tell you the number of times that there were police there when I went for cars broken into, vandalism, or other BS. Half the machines I use were not working properly and the other half were occupied by some questionable characters. A few times I went to tell the girl working up front about the machines and usually had to tell her on the way out since she was always standing outside smoking! LOL I went to the Frisco location and the location in Keller a couple times and even noticed both of them looking worn quickly.

Yes, it was $1438 up front... that part hurt... BUT, I checked with around the clock fitness, lifetime, and even the lewisville la fitness and this deal was way better than anything else out there and pretty much the same deal we did when we orginally signed up at 24hr. The other deal they are offering is $149 initiation per person and $29.99 per month. Less money up front but quite a bit more in the long run. If you have the money to do it, the three year deal is about as good as you can find.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRedStang View Post
That's exactly why I left 24... The location in Lewisville is freaking GHETTO! I can't tell you the number of times that there were police there when I went for cars broken into, vandalism, or other BS. Half the machines I use were not working properly and the other half were occupied by some questionable characters. A few times I went to tell the girl working up front about the machines and usually had to tell her on the way out since she was always standing outside smoking! LOL I went to the Frisco location and the location in Keller a couple times and even noticed both of them looking worn quickly.

Yes, it was $1438 up front... that part hurt... BUT, I checked with around the clock fitness, lifetime, and even the lewisville la fitness and this deal was way better than anything else out there and pretty much the same deal we did when we orginally signed up at 24hr. The other deal they are offering is $149 initiation per person and $29.99 per month. Less money up front but quite a bit more in the long run. If you have the money to do it, the three year deal is about as good as you can find.
Cars get burglarized all the time at fitness centers. It doesn't matter what the chain is. Some areas are better than others, but you'll never get fully away from it.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
Cars get burglarized all the time at fitness centers. It doesn't matter what the chain is. Some areas are better than others, but you'll never get fully away from it.
This is very true.
I honestly have really wanted to catch someone breaking in my shit after a good workout!!!
I already almost snap and run people over in the gym as it is, but seeing someone in my shit would really get the blood flowing good!

To the OP: I paid like $550-$600 total for a 3 year pre-paid membership at 24hr.
I have worked out at LA and it is much nicer, but it reminded me of more so a resort of the sort.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post

Aren't you off Headquarters and Parkwood area? Depending when you hit the gym, the 24 in Frisco off Preston/Warren has been really good to me the last few years.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
I agree completely... BUT... wouldn't you say a gym that had police there 2 out of times I visited either for a car getting broken into or a fight of the sort is a big pile of shit?

I didn't mention the fact that the cheap bastards must have kept the air on 80 and after 30 minutes of cardio I had to walk outside to cool off.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:53 PM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX View Post
Aren't you off Headquarters and Parkwood area? Depending when you hit the gym, the 24 in Frisco off Preston/Warren has been really good to me the last few years.
Yeah, I go there on the weekends to use the pool. My complaints about it are, shitty water pressure in the showers, no doors/hooks in showers, the steam room was missing dozens of tiles for a while and they don't have the swim trunk dryers like LE does (I use the steam/sauna everyday).

<--- high maintenance
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I am a Motherfucker

After reading this i'm glad i never bought a 24hr membership.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I work at la fitness in richardson! get ur free fitness assessment with a trainer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement