Cardio help - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

Cardio help

I'm 5'8 and I weigh around 197~200, I recently decided that my next step in life is to enlist in the Air Force. But to do so, I have to hit 180 before I can start my enlistment process. I am really pushing to get this done by middle/end of September so I can hopefully get ship out by the years end.

My girl is somewhat of a dietitian and works for a nutritionist so I'm gonna get with her on the diet to go inline with my workout. I'm not trying to gain any muscle mass here so I'm going to be running and biking everyday (running in the morning, biking in the evening) and i'll be hitting the sauna up as well.

She suggested that I ordered an elliptical machine so I'm on the hunt for one now (any recommendations?) and I have a membership to 24hr and Lifetime. As far as cardio workouts go, what else could I throw in the mix to really get my body moving? I'm shooting for 2miles in the morning and around 6 miles in the evening but I want like some variety.

I'm not taking any supplements at this time, but would you guys recommend anything for what i'm trying to achieve?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Rookie

Some basic knowledge here...

Good luck buying an elliptical machine, good ones are over $4k new. I just bought 4 of them damn things at an auction though. I would just use the ones at the gym. The stepmill is awsome, try that out for sure.

Keep your heart rate around 160

If you're looking for a good diet/energy/app. suppress product then try Slim Xtreme.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Lifer

cut out breads sugar and work your ass off at the gym. 1 hour a day on the elyptical and youll lose the weight. fruit steamed vegetables WATER chicken breasts granola bars etc. most of it has to do with portion control and not eating crap food and of course excercise. just because you have all that food on your plate doesnt mean you gotta eat all of it. after about 6 weeks of doing this you will feel ten times better and actually have more energy.

98 Brokra

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post

Good luck buying an elliptical machine, good ones are over $4k new. I just bought 4 of them damn things at an auction though. I would just use the ones at the gym. The stepmill is awsome, try that out for sure.

If you're looking for a good diet/energy/app. suppress product then try Slim Xtreme.
160? How did you come up with that number?

I ask because I have been reading about this in several places and got the impression that 130 was a good spot to be. I know it isn't an exact science, but I know you are pretty good with this type of stuff so I am curious why you think what you do. Trying to go from 260 to 200, got a lot of work ahead.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
160? How did you come up with that number?

I ask because I have been reading about this in several places and got the impression that 130 was a good spot to be. I know it isn't an exact science, but I know you are pretty good with this type of stuff so I am curious why you think what you do. Trying to go from 260 to 200, got a lot of work ahead.
It's just an average. 130-160 is good for weight loss. It depends on your personal target heart rate of course.
Really, i dont do cardio and i dont diet so i wouldnt know what works best for me. haha

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post

I tried to order the SX off your site yesterday but when it came time to check out with Paypal it told me the order could not be processed.

And WHOA 4grand yeah i'll just use the ones at the gym!!

I lost 20lbs in about two months just by watching my portions, no soda, and running 2miles a night 5 times a night. Than I switched and started lifting but still ran and biked around 2~3 times a week.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I tried to order the SX off your site yesterday but when it came time to check out with Paypal it told me the order could not be processed.

Yeah, i pm'd you back. Im having problems with my paypal port to my site. Im waiting on my internet guy to look at it for me.
Thanks for the order...

Greg

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Very Interesting

i have a "decent" elliptical machine, nothing super fancy, but it works, for 50 bucks.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement