Body Detox/ Cleanse - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Body Detox/ Cleanse

i eat fast food on a daily basis and drink at least 2 times a week (sometimes more). i do however work out on a regular basis and when im not eating fast food i generally eat pretty healthy (whole grain breads, turkey sandwhiches, grilled meats, and veggies). i am a fairly lean guy im about 5'10" and 170lbs. i have a small gut and i have had it all my life no matter how hard i try to get rid of it. its nothing that bothers my though and it dosent stick out or anything. i have been feeling really tired and its kinda hard to get out of bed in the morning, i have been under a lot of stress going though a divorce (no kids, but its still no fun), and working a lot to try and save some money. i dont drink sodas very often though maybe 1 or 2 a week. i drink a ton of water. i am going to start gnc's 7 day body detox tomorrow and eat nothing but raw fruits, veggies, and nuts. i will be drinking nothing but distilled water and 100% fruit and veggie juices. i know there is a lot of controversy surrounding the "detox theory" but from what i have read from people that have done it, they have felt better (mind and body) and lost some belly fat. i figured i would give it a shot and see how it goes. i will post some results when im done. when i am done i am also going to keep fast food intake down to a minimum.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.

Last edited by jnobles06; 08-09-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Lifer

7 days of eating raw fruits, veggies and nuts?

Fuck that

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzeran View Post
7 days of eating raw fruits, veggies and nuts?

Fuck that
thats the type of things we ate when we were evolving and is what out body is desigend to eat. its better for you than all the processed foods and chemicals that we ingest on a daily baisis. thats also why i am goint to post results so yall can see if its really worth the hassle.

1995 Cobra

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnobles06 View Post
thats the type of things we ate when we were evolving and is what out body is desigend to eat. its better for you than all the processed foods and chemicals that we ingest on a daily baisis. thats also why i am goint to post results so yall can see if its really worth the hassle.
We're designed to eat meat as well.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
We're designed to eat meat as well.
yeah i know. the reason for the veggies and fruit only is to help flush the colon and intestines with all the fiber. since, its only a 7 day cleanse i want to keep away from chemicals that most meats contain because of what the livestock was fed and meat is much harder for the body to digest than fruits and veggies.

1995 Cobra

Last edited by jnobles06; 08-09-2009 at 08:10 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Lifer

Be prepared to be a walking crop duster and drop big fat mad dueces Yo!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Time Served

Best detox I have ever tried is the Lemonade Diet. Google it. It's though as shit but well worth it. My body feels rejuvenated and energy levels are through the roof during and after doing this cleanse.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:44 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
what.... the human body didn't evolve until we started cooking our meat. Meat developed the fucking brain, then cooking that meat made it so our stomach and other digestive processes required less energy to remove contaminants which gave us more power to use in our brains. When we ate veggies and other non protein bullshit we didn't get anywhere, and in fact if you stick to that kind of bullshit diet you will mostly get dumbassitis or some other stupid disease for being an idiot.

Maybe you should take a class on how to eat ( to those uninformed morons its called 'dieting' it doesn't mean 'eating less' but 'eating right' ).

Last edited by AbecX; 08-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX View Post
what.... the human body didn't evolve until we started cooking our meat. Meat developed the fucking brain, then cooking that meat made it so our stomach and other digestive processes required less energy to remove contaminants which gave us more power to use in our brains. When we ate veggies and other non protein bullshit we didn't get anywhere, and in fact if you stick to that kind of bullshit diet you will mostly get dumbassitis or some other stupid disease for being an idiot.

Maybe you should take a class on how to eat ( to those uninformed morons its called 'dieting' it doesn't mean 'eating less' but 'eating right' ).
^^True Story. Once humans began to eat meat, our brains developed exponentially. Its been proven. The dumbassitis, I am not so sure about though. You may get a hemroid or two from all that pushing your about to do.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
\(_o)/

Why? Dont overdue things and you wont have those problems, thats what a diets all about. I unfortunately like taco bell.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Timmay

Quote:
Why? Dont overdue things and you wont have those problems, thats what a diets all about. I unfortunately like taco bell.
fresco menu ftw
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

umm.....refer to post five.

i know we were desigeded to eat meat and im sure we were eating it raw before we discovered fire. i was more or less refering to meats with perservatives, chemicals that are in most of today's meats, and the shit they are prepared in! plus i am still eating protein from different types of nuts. i am trying to basically flush my body. not eating meat for seven days is not going to make me any less intelligent, and raw fruits and veggies are digested much faster than meat. so, it allows you to clean out your digestive system. furthermore, humans are obviously too smart for their own damn good.

maybe you should read the whole thread next time smart guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Tim View Post
fresco menu ftw
man you need to go try the new grilled fajita tacos at taco bueno they are off the hook! i wont even touch taco bell now.

1995 Cobra

Last edited by jnobles06; 08-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 12:28 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
i know we were desigeded to eat meat and im sure we were eating it raw before we discovered fire. i was more or less refering to meats with perservatives, chemicals that are in most of today's meats, and the shit they are prepared in! plus i am still eating protein from different types of nuts. i am trying to basically flush my body. not eating meat for seven days is not going to make me any less intelligent, and raw fruits and veggies are digested much faster than meat. so, it allows you to clean out your digestive system. furthermore, humans are obviously too smart for their own damn good.
While you're at you should try going to a chiropractic, getting in some yoga, also maybe getting some reflexology done. Fry, Leela, and Bender might have some miracle cream left over you can try.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
While you're at you should try going to a chiropractic, getting in some yoga, also maybe getting some reflexology done. Fry, Leela, and Bender might have some miracle cream left over you can try.
while the other to things I’m not sure about, yoga does work and far as making you more flexible and relieving stress. don’t knock it till u have tried it and as far as i can tell you spend most of you time watching cartoons and talking shit on the internet. you might want to put some meat where your mouth is because obviously your not that intelligent.

btw thanks for turning this into a big arguemnet, when all i was trying to do try it for myself and inform people what it does for me.

1995 Cobra

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Time Served

I have never questioned people who I knew were undergoing a "cleanse" or "detox" because it doesn't affect me, but I can't really see any scientific support for a huge physiological benefit, especially if the average person does a cleanse, then goes back to eating foods that are treated artificially in some way.

I'm not knocking you at all, I think it's great to eat healthier, and I know you said you were going to eat better after the cleanse, which makes more sense. As for me and my house, I'll eat all the artificial preservatives and pesticides I can get my hands on. Just kidding. Or am I?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:24 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
while the other to things Im not sure about, yoga does work and far as making you more flexible and relieving stress. dont knock it till u have tried it and as far as i can tell you spend most of you time watching cartoons and talking shit on the internet. you might want to put some meat where your mouth is because obviously your not that intelligent.

btw thanks for turning this into a big arguemnet, when all i was trying to do try it for myself and inform people what it does for me.
These reason I'm giving you so much flack is because I have tried it and made a post about it a while back with results. Those body detox things are full of shit. If you're wanting to 'cleanse' your body, then just start eating right. Eating nothing for a week doesn't cleanse your body of anything, go to a sauna if you want to pull toxins out or work out hard enough to where you're sweating out a fair amount of water.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement