lost 80 lbs in 6 months! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

lost 80 lbs in 6 months!

I started in Jan this year and the routine is about 1000 callories a day and also work out 5 days a week. I eat twice a day with a small snack for lunch. (like peanuts or something) I'm also taking that centra one-a-day.

My workout is about an hour long and i do 5 excercises in reps of 10, 4 times each. As of now I'm 6'3 and 280 , down from 360. I do 10 bench presses (220lbs), 20 situps while holding a 35 lb dumbell behind my head, 10 squats 200 lbs ( i have acl+mcl dammage so i keep it light), 10 curls (120lbs) , 10 curl lifts (120 lbs) where i lift like reverse pull ups, and finally more curl lifts where i raise the bar from my chin to as high as i can in the air. (120lbs). I step up weight every 2 weeks and really haven't hit a plateau yet, even though its going slower....

I just ordered some fat burning pills and some de tox pills that are said to help. I forgot the name but they got great reviews. I'm supposed to take the de tox in the morning with 1 fat burner in the morning and then another fat burner in the afternoon.

Do you guys know of anything i can do to improve? I don't go to a gym and use a olympic weight set that i bought... Whats yalls experience with supplements and fat burners? Should i be doing more then 220 lb reps for bench as someone 6'3? (I havent maxed out since highschool lol and it was 175 >.< ) Also what workouts can i do to get bigger forearms? By bi and tri's are bigger but forearms lookin sad.. lol

Anyway, I plan to do the 1000-1200 calorie a day thing till i hit 250 ,then was thinking about doing the protein shake thing to really help my muscles because most my fat will be gone and im comfortable @ 220-250 lbs. Any reccomendations?

THX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Lifer

Congrats man. Keep up the good work.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Timmay

First of all, congrats!

I'd say eat more. 1000 calories seems really low. I've lost 40 lbs in 2 months eating 2200 calories a day with a lot of cardio. You'll see faster results if you do cardio but it will probably not feel to good doing it if you stick with the lower calorie diet.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Lifer

Jesus dude, 1000 calories a day? That's not healthy. You're losing weight because you're starving the hell out of yourself. Eat 6 times a day but eat small, healthy meals. Also, do cardio. Lots of it.

Good job on the 80 lbs though!

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Ya i know 1000 isn't very healthy lol , but I'm really not all that hungry all the time.
When i get down to 240-250 I plan on eating ALOT more and start toning and building muscle mass. I'm basically on a strict tuna and chicken diet. More chicken really..
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Worship me

Start running. It really sucks ass at first but once you get up to a few miles a day you can't beat it.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Start running. It really sucks ass at first but once you get up to a few miles a day you can't beat it.
What he said. I used to hate running with a deep-burning passion and now I feel like shit if I don't get out once a day and run.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFordCobra View Post
I started in Jan this year and the routine is about 1000 callories a day and also work out 5 days a week. I eat twice a day with a small snack for lunch. (like peanuts or something) I'm also taking that centra one-a-day.

My workout is about an hour long and i do 5 excercises in reps of 10, 4 times each. As of now I'm 6'3 and 280 , down from 360. I do 10 bench presses (220lbs), 20 situps while holding a 35 lb dumbell behind my head, 10 squats 200 lbs ( i have acl+mcl dammage so i keep it light), 10 curls (120lbs) , 10 curl lifts (120 lbs) where i lift like reverse pull ups, and finally more curl lifts where i raise the bar from my chin to as high as i can in the air. (120lbs). I step up weight every 2 weeks and really haven't hit a plateau yet, even though its going slower....

I just ordered some fat burning pills and some de tox pills that are said to help. I forgot the name but they got great reviews. I'm supposed to take the de tox in the morning with 1 fat burner in the morning and then another fat burner in the afternoon.

Do you guys know of anything i can do to improve? I don't go to a gym and use a olympic weight set that i bought... Whats yalls experience with supplements and fat burners? Should i be doing more then 220 lb reps for bench as someone 6'3? (I havent maxed out since highschool lol and it was 175 >.< ) Also what workouts can i do to get bigger forearms? By bi and tri's are bigger but forearms lookin sad.. lol

Anyway, I plan to do the 1000-1200 calorie a day thing till i hit 250 ,then was thinking about doing the protein shake thing to really help my muscles because most my fat will be gone and im comfortable @ 220-250 lbs. Any reccomendations?

THX!

Very nice work! Congrats.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I've done this weight loss thing before but went back into my old habits and gained it all plus some back lol. Before i didnt run, but i do feel the need to now! But like you said it sucks and im dreading it.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I've done this weight loss thing before but went back into my old habits and gained it all plus some back lol. Before i didnt run, but i do feel the need to now! But like you said it sucks and im dreading it.
If my shins didnt kill me doing it, I wouldn't mind it so much. It's a vicious circle. I've gotten so heavy, it hurts to work out. Bust my ass, lose 20lbs and I'm still fucking fat as hell. Fuckin depressing.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Scared s**tless

Something else you can do, is start throwing out your clothes as you lose weight. A simple reminder that shit's going wrong when the pants stop fitting. It's a mental reminder to get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
If my shins didnt kill me doing it, I wouldn't mind it so much. It's a vicious circle. I've gotten so heavy, it hurts to work out. Bust my ass, lose 20lbs and I'm still fucking fat as hell. Fuckin depressing.
Ya I've lost 80 and still feel like a fat ass so lol..
But seriously i was having crazy consecutive heart palpatations @ age 29 and that made me wake up. I still get them, but very very rarely.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Something else you can do, is start throwing out your clothes as you lose weight. A simple reminder that shit's going wrong when the pants stop fitting. It's a mental reminder to get back on track.
I have 2 younger brothers. The youngest is 400 lbs @ 6'5 and middle bro is 5'9 440 lbs... So im givin' them all my old fatty clothes lol. I was wearing size 52's!! now im @ 40 waist. Smallest I've ever been was size 36 and i still felt fat!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Lifer

Good for you for shedding weight. I have a lot of respect for folks who can drop weight like that and keep it off. What's your end goal?

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I have 2 younger brothers. The youngest is 400 lbs @ 6'5 and middle bro is 5'9 440 lbs... So im givin' them all my old fatty clothes lol. I was wearing size 52's!! now im @ 40 waist. Smallest I've ever been was size 36 and i still felt fat!
Good work all the same sir. Keep it up and it will pay off. Hopefully I will manage to talk myself into it eventually.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Good for you for shedding weight. I have a lot of respect for folks who can drop weight like that and keep it off. What's your end goal?
210-220 is about the best i can do lol.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Good work all the same sir. Keep it up and it will pay off. Hopefully I will manage to talk myself into it eventually.
well good thing is that it took me 4 years to put it all on, and will take about a year to get rid of it. I know if i can do it anyone can lol.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Lifer

Hey that's wayyyyy healthier than 400+.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
well good thing is that it took me 4 years to put it all on, and will take about a year to get rid of it. I know if i can do it anyone can lol.
Ya know, that is a good point. I didn't think of it like that. What usually gets me so frustrated is the severe withdrawls from caffiene and sugar then the over loaded information of what I can and can't eat. Percentages of this and that, carbs, complex carbs/sugars blah blah blah. And eat six times a day? Fuck that. Who can eat that much, or plan for all that? I don't have time for that.

I got fat from lack of activity and not eating correctly. I've never liked eating breakfast, usually skip lunch and by the time dinner comes around, I'm starving, eat a meal too big and go to sleep not long afterwards.

Being fat fuckin sucks!
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:23 AM
Pilgrim

Quote:
Ya know, that is a good point. I didn't think of it like that. What usually gets me so frustrated is the severe withdrawls from caffiene and sugar then the over loaded information of what I can and can't eat. Percentages of this and that, carbs, complex carbs/sugars blah blah blah. And eat six times a day? Fuck that. Who can eat that much, or plan for all that? I don't have time for that.

I got fat from lack of activity and not eating correctly. I've never liked eating breakfast, usually skip lunch and by the time dinner comes around, I'm starving, eat a meal too big and go to sleep not long afterwards.

Being fat fuckin sucks!
Psych yourself up so that you hate being fat more than your hate the sacrifice and work it will take to be fit and thin...
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Lifer

*standing ovation*

Fine job, sir. There is really no excuse to maintain obesity IMHO.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:26 AM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

Quote:

Being fat fuckin sucks!
There are easy ways around this. I usually take my regular portioned meals then cut them in half. I eat one half then, and the other 2-3 hours later. Everyday I eat at the restaurant I live next to *healthy food/very low sodium* and everyday I take home half of my meal. I easily put in 5 meals a day if not more depending on if I'm looking to put on weight.

I don't know what it's like to be over weight except for in my off season when putting on a bunch of weight, only to be cut down. But I have helped many other people lose weight. Funny thing is everyone of them had something in their lives that made them that way. If you find it and change it then you'll become this person you want to become.

It's a lifestyle, not a do it once, be fit forever. You've gotta love doing it.

spirit commitment and dedication

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

..and 1000 cal is pretty low for you.. How are you're carbs? Know what ketosis is? Hopefully those 1k calories are good ones brother!

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
..and 1000 cal is pretty low for you.. How are you're carbs? Know what ketosis is? Hopefully those 1k calories are good ones brother!
Ya i went through my kitosis stage lol. I think it was the first 40 lbs were the roughest. I didn't have any of the symptoms except i got dizzy upon laying down for a split second. I also didn't cut carbs all the way out, i eat wheat bread every day too!
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Lifer

Congratulations that is great.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
There are easy ways around this. I usually take my regular portioned meals then cut them in half. I eat one half then, and the other 2-3 hours later. Everyday I eat at the restaurant I live next to *healthy food/very low sodium* and everyday I take home half of my meal. I easily put in 5 meals a day if not more depending on if I'm looking to put on weight.

I don't know what it's like to be over weight except for in my off season when putting on a bunch of weight, only to be cut down. But I have helped many other people lose weight. Funny thing is everyone of them had something in their lives that made them that way. If you find it and change it then you'll become this person you want to become.

It's a lifestyle, not a do it once, be fit forever. You've gotta love doing it.

spirit commitment and dedication
Being overweight is like carrying a backpack full of bricks 24/7 you cannot take off. I can feel it in my back and my knees. It also feels like being in a swimming pool moving in slow motion all the time.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Being overweight is like carrying a backpack full of bricks 24/7 you cannot take off. I can feel it in my back and my knees. It also feels like being in a swimming pool moving in slow motion all the time.
lol yeah. Even @ 280 lbs i feel soo much lighter!
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Being fat fuckin sucks!
Those that eat 6 times a day aren't eating a lot of food. It's probably the same amount you eat in your 2-3 days a meal. And only eating twice a day is shocking your metabolism (not good). It's also probably storing a lot of fat because it's getting an irregular nutrition intake and doesn't know when it's next meal will be. I bet you could lose some weight just changing eating habits without even doing cardio.

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Those that eat 6 times a day aren't eating a lot of food. It's probably the same amount you eat in your 2-3 days a meal. And only eating twice a day is shocking your metabolism (not good). It's also probably storing a lot of fat because it's getting an irregular nutrition intake and doesn't know when it's next meal will be. I bet you could lose some weight just changing eating habits without even doing cardio.
there are plenty of people here that just refuse to accept reality. They feel 1000 calories a day is plenty and is a great way to lose weight. I gave up on trying to help people realize how bad it really is.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Lifer

if you dont like cardio too much (like me) i get on the tread mill and so a fast paced inclined walk at about 4.3-4.5 speed on the treadmill. it still gets your heart rate to the fat buring level and you can maintain that level longer than running, since you dont get tired as quick.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement