Updates/Progression of DFWStangs members - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Updates/Progression of DFWStangs members

Since I have not seen or heard much from anyone since the ending of the transformation contest...
I just got to thinking, how is everyone doing?

Are you sticking with it?
How has your progression been?
Are you still making gains, maintaining, or losing those gains?
Have any of you set any new goals and so forth?
Feel free to post up your pictures for reference(no homo).

Raven, I know you hurt your leg, but have you been hitting it?
WL, did you give up or what man(Haven't seen you post your vids in a minute!)?
Grayhorse, I know you have been hitting it hard, are you past the 210lb mark now?
I just want to hear how others are doing is all...

For me, I have lost quite a bit of bodyfat and now a good solid 243lbs, sitting at about 15% bf(I measured today).
I haven't done a day of cardio in months either.
All changes have been made to my diet and the intensity of my workouts, but I have really been concentrating on my legs(hitting them 4 times a week now).
I have not missed one single meal(4 times daily) or a workout(6 times a week) in over 8 months now.
No fast food, no alcohol, and no cheat days.
I'll post a picture up later.

On another note, for all those magic pill takers...
How were the results?
Did you keep everything you gained and are you still hitting it hard in the gym?

Last edited by Stangin4Lyfe; 07-22-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Good work bro! I have been supplement free for over 2 months now and still keeping my gains. I am at 188lbs right now, 6"1" and around 10-11% BF. I need to get back to Protein and creatine at least!

I have lost about 10lbs over the past 4 months, but I have been keeping my strength gains on my lifts. I started cardio a month ago and that has a lot to do with my little bit of weight loss.

I am not in the gym as much as I was a few months back, but I still go 4-5 days a week. I need to get my diet back in check and try to cut down on the dreaded beer I can't seem to stop drinking a ton of, lmao.

Considering a few years ago after my heart surgery I was 160lbs and couldn't lift 135 on bench, I am happy now with some good size gains. It's been a lot of hard work in the gym. I set a new personal high on bench at 250lbs last month! That's huge for me, weak for you, lol.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Very Interesting

I was at 252 at the end of the contest. Just got back in the gym for the first time since February. Schedule was all jacked up, and I lost weight from the contest on diet alone.

Now I'm up to 268, and hating myself for it. But with the time to get back in the gym again, and a few weeks away from moving closer to the gym, I think I should be back down in the low 250s in no time.

New goal is to get down to 220-230 over the next six months. But just getting back in the gym 2 days in a row, and putting the diet back on track, I already feel better.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Bitter Italian

Right now I'm walking around in the low 160's. I'd guess my b/f is around 17 to 20 maybe more.

For all you big time lifters, I can now bench my body weight. Tomorrow I'll be 29 and I consider this to be the best shape of my life. I did well in my last tournament(2nd place). Happy about that but I'm never impressed with myself jiu jitsu wise.

Only pic I got right now this is from 4th of july weekend. Sorry it's not a pic of me posing. I should get a better one now that for the first time in my life I can see/tell I have abs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shore 1207.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	93118  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Lifer

I found a picture from when I was 130 and a few pictures I took last week or so at 145-150 ill post when I get on my home PC. I just wish I had pictures when I was 165.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM
AHMO!

still making slow gains, jiu jitsu will hopefully pull some fat off.

Nick you really have trimmed down and have improved on the mat. Not looking forward to having to roll with you whenver you want to try something out on a white belt.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
tex
Lifer

I have a partial tear in my rotator cuff that's kept me from lifting for 3-4 months. I've dropped back under 200. Today was the first time I've been able to bench more than 135lbs through a full range of motion, so depending on how the shoulder feels over the next few days, I'll start increasing the weight and reps soon. Hopefully muscle memory will kick in quickly.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I have a partial tear in my rotator cuff that's kept me from lifting for 3-4 months. I've dropped back under 200. Today was the first time I've been able to bench more than 135lbs through a full range of motion, so depending on how the shoulder feels over the next few days, I'll start increasing the weight and reps soon. Hopefully muscle memory will kick in quickly.
I hear ya. I have been babying a bad abdominal strain. I thought I had a hernia at first, it felt like something opened up, but it's just a strain. No weights for me for another month. Down to 210 from 230. I can get it back, but it's gonna be a bitch. Just a lot of light cardio.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Grayhorse, I know you have been hitting it hard, are you past the 210lb mark now?
I

I did a powerlifting meet on Sunday dropped from 210 to 198 the day before the meet. Im 210lbs again today so it's funny you ask that. Probably a ligit 12-13% BF

I had some injuries this year braking my hand 3 months ago and tearing my trap last month. My strength was down some but still enough to win my class. haha

Im taking a few months off from heavy lifting to let my body recover. Of course i'll still be hitting the weights 6 days a week.

edit: here's a pic of the last 4 1/2 years

152lbs off injury ------------------- 205lbs a couple months ago

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

Last edited by GRAYHORSE; 07-22-2009 at 03:32 PM.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

mikecobra95, thank you. 4-5 times a week is plenty. How often did you go before?
Throw that beer crap outta the picture!
I gave up drinking almost 2 years ago or something like that.
250lbs is still quite a bit of weight in my book(my ideal weight).

The Big Matt, time to pump it up man.
I thought you were going to win that contest all along.

Wario, congrats on your progression!
Just keep doing what you’re doing and you will reach your goal(until you set a new one at least).

Nate, have you started using that gym equipment that I sold you or what?
You better not let that stuff rust!

SuperWho?, what the hell happened?
It sounds like almost everyone in this thread has had injuries recently.
What’s up with that???
Last time I hurt myself was in college and it was my lower back.
It went out on 405lb squats. That honestly was the last time that I ever did free weight squats.
I still pound my legs, but I do a lot of variations of lunges mainly and hack squats.

Dang Greg,
You look way different man.
No offense, but you used to look like a chump! lol
Now you are looking stacked dude!
I remember when I first started out weighing like 207lbs of pure fatass and I couldn’t even bench 115lbs one time!
I wish I had pics.

Last edited by Stangin4Lyfe; 07-22-2009 at 09:05 PM.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I measured today and came up with about 15% bf on the calipers.
Of course they are not very accurate, but I haven't started a lick of cardio yet.
I am not where I want to be just yet, but I feel I have made progression throughout these past 7 years.
I am now attempting to master climbing plateaus.

I just started taking creatine a couple weeks ago too.

You can use the door for reference...

Pre-creatine

Creatine enhanced(notice the bloat, lol)

Bloated again
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Hired Hand

I've cleaned my diet up to near perfection in the last 2 weeks, hoping to make it last until my b-day in October. I'm still down quite a bit in lean mass, and fat is still (my guess) 18-20%, but I'm slowly tipping the scales. I dunno if I'll ever get back up to 230 lean, but I'm lifting consistently, and am in a pretty peaceful place mentally. Ironically I think I am happier with myself right now than I was at single digit bodyfat. Iam certainly pushing myself to heal and better my physical condition, but the "numbers" are no where near as important when you break it down to what really matters.

Props to those of you making gains and hitting them goals, I'll be taking pride in my physical progression some day soon as well.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Lifer

Did you shit your pants in the 2nd picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Nope.
After that pic was taken I did walk about 3ft and drop a duece though.
I'll PM you pics.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
mikecobra95, thank you. 4-5 times a week is plenty. How often did you go before?
Thanks bro. I don't have a natural build, I'm a tall skinny guy. I have been busting ass to get what I have. I have been known to cut the beer for times, but I'll never stop it all together. My diet is more of an issue. I am a carb machine and love everything bad for me. But I bust my ass in the gym to make up for it.

When I was heavy into lifting the past 6 months I was in teh gym 6 days a week, sometimes hitting 2 a days. I over worked it and paid the price.

I broke with my ex in February and it motivated me to spend more time in the gym. So I've been keeping alot of my gains lately. I have good motivating friends for working out so I hope to get a little bigger in the next 6 months.

My 235-250 max lifts on bench are huge for me. I couldn't lift half of that 4 years ago. Just takes some hard work right????

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Nobody

Quote:

SuperWho?, what the hell happened?
It sounds like almost everyone in this thread has had injuries recently.
Whatís up with that???
Last time I hurt myself was in college and it was my lower back.
It went out on 405lb squats. That honestly was the last time that I ever did free weight squats.
I still pound my legs, but I do a lot of variations of lunges mainly and hack squats.

I honestly don't know when I did it, but one day I sneezed and it felt like a hole opened up in my abs about two inches to the right of my belly button. I thought I had a hernia, I was freaking out. Turned out to be a bad strain. No heavy lifting for me.

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
I honestly don't know when I did it, but one day I sneezed and it felt like a hole opened up in my abs about two inches to the right of my belly button. I thought I had a hernia, I was freaking out. Turned out to be a bad strain. No heavy lifting for me.
You must have caused the injury well before then and that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
I've never had a hernia and sure hope that I never do!
Nurse that badboy to good health and hurry back.
You should still be able to do some things in the gym at least.

Now that I think back, I remember I had a pretty bad strain when doing one armed 120lb dumb bell presses.
The weight is so heavy and you are so off balance at the bottom of the movement,
you have to counter balance the weight to keep from sliding off the bench.
That is when the strain occurred in my side.
It was a terrible feeling, I had to quit for the day(luckily it was at the end of my workout).
I nursed it back and still trained, two weeks later...good as new!
Hope you get better soon.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Timmay

310 to 268 in 2 months. Started 05/21/2009. Keepin it up.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr View Post
Figured out how to eat again. I'm up to 190 from low 180's.

Next goal is 205 and lean. Then maintain that until I feel it's not good enough.

For anyone that can't get the food down that is required for growing, I've stumbled across Extreme XXL drinks made by American Body Building. It is not something you want to drink in one sitting. It's ridiculously loaded with carbs and whatnot, as well as protein.

I'll start on it around 9am and finish it by 5:30 just in time to go workout. This allows me to eat very clean, which keeps the fats away.
Props on being able to drink ABB products. I've tried in vain to drink their stuff several times, just can't choke it down, haha...
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM
DERP DERP DERP

In for pics of redheadintx!

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
Props on being able to drink ABB products. I've tried in vain to drink their stuff several times, just can't choke it down, haha...
One of my favorite RTD's is the Extreme Body 50, vanilla bean, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate are all really good.

250 Calories
50g of Protein (milk and whey blend)
1.5g of Fat
8g Carbs (5g Net Carbs)
3g Fiber
4g Sugar

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt View Post
One of my favorite RTD's is the Extreme Body 50, vanilla bean, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate are all really good.

250 Calories
50g of Protein (milk and whey blend)
1.5g of Fat
8g Carbs (5g Net Carbs)
3g Fiber
4g Sugar
I drink those as well...but the cookies and cream is the best!
24hr carries them and if I am not going home(to my stockpile of protein), then I will grab one from there($4).
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
I love the ABB XXL Vanilla. That shit taste like candy to me lol.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Nobody

Quote:
You must have caused the injury well before then and that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
I've never had a hernia and sure hope that I never do!
Nurse that badboy to good health and hurry back.
You should still be able to do some things in the gym at least.

Now that I think back, I remember I had a pretty bad strain when doing one armed 120lb dumb bell presses.
The weight is so heavy and you are so off balance at the bottom of the movement,
you have to counter balance the weight to keep from sliding off the bench.
That is when the strain occurred in my side.
It was a terrible feeling, I had to quit for the day(luckily it was at the end of my workout).
I nursed it back and still trained, two weeks later...good as new!
Hope you get better soon.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yeah, it's been weird sleeping in and not being sore. It's amazing how much your abs play into every exercise you do. I have just been doing low impact cardio for longer durations to help keep in good condition. It's gonna be a slow crawl at first, but I should be back to peak by New Year's. I hope.

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Lifer

Hard to brag as a female.

When do you say jogging vs. running? I'm up to 2 miles per day (added in lunches 2 days a week this week) of a warm up, jog, run, cool down. I'm down about 10 pounds and 2 inches in my waist (where I still looked prego). I've had a few stop and starts over the last 8 weeks but have been getting better at consistency. I sort of/kind of watched the diet but still regularly ate out/binged so now that exercise is getting routine I'm working on the food.

Dr. Peppers are still the hardest thing to give up.

Anyway, I've got 30 more pounds to be at an ideal weight for me, but 20 would put me to pre-baby. Kodee turns 2 in 3 more months and I REFUSE to still have weight on.

I know weights are important but it is hard enough to get in the running. I could probably do weights during lunch if it would benefit me more...?

I also have an ex drill spaz as a workout buddy. He pushes but isn't trying to hurt me either.

Iím too slow for the fast cars and too fast for the slow cars.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo/horns View Post
When do you say jogging vs. running?
It's kinda like talking really loud versus yelling. You can do it Rhoda, just keep at it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo/horns View Post
I could probably do weights during lunch if it would benefit me more...?
It would, and congrats on your work so far!
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Every day is.............

Quote:

Congrats on your hard work. Paying off man.

? Is alcohol really that bad for you? I just can't imagine getting serious about lifting again and having to give up my evening scotch.

Nate - how long have you been studying ninja jit-su?

David
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
lol, this place sucks now

went from 225lbs to 194lbs since March. From a 36" waist to 33". I'm 6' tall. My home scale shows me currently at 20% body fat, no clue how accurate that is. Previously it showed 26%, scary.

Did it by several methods. Eating much better, 6 small meals a day vs 2 big ones, no soda, no sweets, cut back on beer, and 2 miles on the treadmill M-F over the last month or two.

I feel sooo much better. My goal is to start weights and put on about 10lbs of muscle, keeping me at about 205. We'll see how it goes.

Some of you guys are out of control. LOL

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4 View Post

Some of you guys are out of control. LOL
We're not outta control, we're focused it's the other way around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet69 View Post
Congrats on your hard work. Paying off man.

? Is alcohol really that bad for you? I just can't imagine getting serious about lifting again and having to give up my evening scotch.

David
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm not where I want to be, but I definately am progressing.

Yes, it really is.
Since quitting drinking, I haven't missed one single workout(like I used to) and never had a sluggish workout since.
I'm always focused and pumped up in the gym now.
You know how it goes, you have to give some to get some!
There are many more reasons not to drink, but trust me, overall...it was a very good decision.
Just drink your scotch in moderation(which is subjective, of course) and you will be fine.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Every day is.............

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm not where I want to be, but I definately am progressing.

Yes, it really is.
Since quitting drinking, I haven't missed one single workout(like I used to) and never had a sluggish workout since.
I'm always focused and pumped up in the gym now.
You know how it goes, you have to give some to get some!
There are many more reasons not to drink, but trust me, overall...it was a very good decision.
Just drink your scotch in moderation(which is subjective, of course) and you will be fine.
Props to ya for you're dedication, just don't let your self get bored and lose your focus. So many do.

(Moderately) sipping a scotch as I read your post

David
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Lifer

not pumped (stuck in a hotel room in san antonio), but i've gone from 205lbs to 220lbs since the contest (some came from re-carbing, but my size/strength is way up thanks to my rotator getting better each day).

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Lifer

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:58 PM
MFFL!

Haven't lifted but a few times since the contest and not in the last month. Went on vacation and did some mountain biking in New Mexico and I screwed up my wrist in a fall. Still can't put much pressure on the wrist. It wouldn't hold up to any weight lifting right now. I'm still the same weight as when I ended the contest, but I've had more carbs in my diet, so I'm not as lean. Hopefully my wrist will heal and I'll be able to grab a weight in the next 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement