People are either ignorant, or have way too much faith in humanity (lockers) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

People are either ignorant, or have way too much faith in humanity (lockers)

Every time I go to the gym I have to open 4 or 5 un-locked lockers to find an empty one to put my stuff in. Do these guys really think that there are no shenanigans at the gym? Having personally had a cell phone stolen (I left it on the locker room bench for literally half a set before I realized I did.)

There's gotta be some guys that come from work or whatever and have the wallet, phone, PDA, whatever just sitting in there, prime for the taking.

Everybody's there to better themselves physically, but apparently no attention is being given to moral strength. I noticed a guy last week (out of the corner of my eye), open one of said lockers, but his gym bag in there, and while in the locker, put the bag that was in ther into his bag. I have no reason to believe that he was stealing other than my jaded logic, so maybe I'm way of base.

Are there any valid reason's to put one gym bag into another gym bag. If there are, wouldn't it be easier to do on the changing bench, and not within the confines of a '14x'14 locker base?

I could be totally off base, bit it's not worth the price of a $10 to find out I'm right.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Rookie

i sea wut u did there.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Nobody

Me 2.
I thought you felt like you had to vent when you first posted in the other thread.
I just figured it was the hormones.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

lol I Meant to start a thread in the first place, and I guess I was out of it when I replied instead.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Lifer

I can't believe the people that throw their car keys in the basket at the front desk.

Who's to say the person getting "their" keys isn't looking for the Lexus or Mercedes key fob when they leave?

Who's to say the person getting the keys is even a member?

Also, the trainers keep records of clients in the open. I could rummage through them and pick out some young lady with nice stats (they put their height and weight on them) and start stalking them at home (since thier address and phone number is on the card).

I'm with you on the lockers. There's quite a few that go unlocked, then there are some that people never take the locks off of (basically lay claim to a "day locker").
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

I remember that. It mostly just pissed me off because I'd have to go through a dozen lockers before finding an empty that I could put my shit in and lock up. Too much trust AND a lack of courtesy IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement