WTF? Called out at the gym tonight. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

WTF? Called out at the gym tonight.

So I took my 13 yoa to the gym this afternoon to do chest/bi-s.

We were on the incline dumbell bench and I was doing the 115s. I stood up and set them on the ground and a female personal trainer on the other side of the room yelled "don't drop the dumbells".

Well, I didn't drop them, I set them down and they are loose, so no matter how gently you set them down, they clang.

My son who is 13 yoa was using the 27 lb dumbells and touching them at each extension. Again she yells at us to quit banging the weights, but I really didnt' think she was talking to us because it was so petty. She yells again and points to a sign and tells us (him) to quit banging the weights. I realize she's talking to us and tell her that he's not banging the weights and she walks up to me and yells at me that I told him to do that. I told her that I've seen people drop 100s or more from full extention and that the 115s sound loud because they need to be tightened up.

She walked off, but I was pissed that she had the gall to yell at us infront of her client, and everyone else. If she had a valid gripe, she should have come up to me and talked to me instead of calling me out in front of everyone in there.

There were a couple of guys on the incline bench that told me "Man, that's bullshit" as she was walking away. Funny thing that about 10 minutes after she left the freeweight area there was a guy working out with the 100s on shoulder press and after each set he was dropping them from shoulder level (about 3.5 feet).

I'm not sure what the deal was, I've been working out there for 14 years (at Get Fit, then Golds) and have NEVER had an issue. I always clean up my weights and the area around me, even if it was trashed when I get there.

Anyway, that didn't set well with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Time Served

Was she hot? Maybe she likes you?
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Time Served

Damn! prolly her Time of the month or roid rage. LOL

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I miss Colorado

Pms.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
11-05-09

Complain to management. What a bitch.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Mexican Crew

What a witch! Follow her and ticket her for speeding

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM
insert something aqui

give her a bs ticket!

1991 lx 5.0

lil ol 302

Back In The Jackstand Racing Crew!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Nobody

I had a problem with a trainer at my gym, where me and several of my buddies have been members for about 7 years. She was always taking up five or six places with her clients circuit training. We couldn't get a set in for anything, because just as we would head that way, or even if I was by myself, suddenly, she was right there using it. I finally went to the owner and said if she didn't do something about the trainer, they were gonna lose six accounts, plus whoever else we could take. There is another gym not even 100 yards away. I, to this day, have not seen this trainer in my gym.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

DFWMustangs.net
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Rookie

Using the heavier dumbells, im not setting them down gently. haha
I'd tell her to go do some cardio or something.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Lifer

thats b/s. its hard sometimes to set the weights down softly if you lift till failure. im glad 24hr fitness has those foam mats so when you drop the weight it's not loud. i would have confronted her right in front of her clients and made her look like an ass.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby5.0 View Post
Was she hot? Maybe she likes you?
She's one of the best looking early 40's trainers I've ever seen.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Complain to management. What a bitch.
I'll talk to the co-owner next time I go in. I thought she was totally out of line.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
Using the heavier dumbells, im not setting them down gently. haha
I'd tell her to go do some cardio or something.
That's what I told her. How the hell do you set down 115s "easy"? I maybe let them drop 2-3". At least I don't let them go from my thighs like most guys do.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
I had a problem with a trainer at my gym, where me and several of my buddies have been members for about 7 years. She was always taking up five or six places with her clients circuit training. We couldn't get a set in for anything, because just as we would head that way, or even if I was by myself, suddenly, she was right there using it. I finally went to the owner and said if she didn't do something about the trainer, they were gonna lose six accounts, plus whoever else we could take. There is another gym not even 100 yards away. I, to this day, have not seen this trainer in my gym.

This guy (Chris Jalali)
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...num=1&ct=title
used to personal train at the gym. I met him one day because he took one of my 45 lb plates that I had set against the bench to use. I went to get another plate and he was bending down taking my 45. I told him that I was going to use that and he denied getting it from my bench. Hell, his client even saw him and admitted that Chris got it from my rack. After his client left he came up and apologized for the incident and we have been friends ever since.

What gets me about tonight is that I've worked out around her for a couple of years. It was like she was a totally different person tonight.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Colorado Dreamin'

Does she know you're a cop? Maybe she got a ticket on the way in.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:43 PM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
This guy (Chris Jalali)
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...num=1&ct=title
used to personal train at the gym. I met him one day because he took one of my 45 lb plates that I had set against the bench to use. I went to get another plate and he was bending down taking my 45. I told him that I was going to use that and he denied getting it from my bench. Hell, his client even saw him and admitted that Chris got it from my rack. After his client left he came up and apologized for the incident and we have been friends ever since.

What gets me about tonight is that I've worked out around her for a couple of years. It was like she was a totally different person tonight.
perhaps management has been asking them to crack down... See any broken weights laying around?

4 years ago, I was spotting a Gunnery Sergeant on military press. He was using 115's for his set. At the end of his set, this lady next to us was finishing up her tricep extensions with the rounded 5lbr's. Well she put it down and it rolled toward us. She proceeded to reach over and grab it as the Gunny was putting down his weight. He saw the lady and tried to stop the weight which resulted in his right bicep completely unattaching from his clavical.. Pretty wicked site to see.

I never yell at anyone to stop dropping weights unless it completely intentional and avoidable. Better a weight to break than someone else.

I would just go and talk to the lady. She might suggest bringing the weights back to your legs. If you're working to fail then this would suck..

If all else fails, ask her out and stuff it in her butt

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Time Served

You said clavicle but meant humerus, unless that dude was just genetically jacked up...
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
drvng fstr thn u w/1 hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
You said clavicle but meant humerus, unless that dude was just genetically jacked up...
The Bicep lays over the humerus and attachs toward the humeral head, but it actually attachs o the scap I believe. I have no idea why I typed clavical.
You may be thinking of the brachialis which attachs mid humerus..

militarysignatures.com

*SOLD*'04 Mystic Chrome Cobra
*SOLD*'03 DSG Lightning #55 of 4270

'94 Cobra
408 with a Vortech YSI strapped to it and all the goodies.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
The Bicep lays over the humerus and attachs toward the humeral head, but it actually attachs o the scap I believe. I have no idea why I typed clavical.
You may be thinking of the brachialis which attachs mid humerus..
You're right, attaches to scapula and passes over the humerus. I knew you didn't mean clavicle, I'm just anal about stupid stuff
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'll talk to the co-owner next time I go in. I thought she was totally out of line.
maybe she was having a bad day... I would talk to her first and if she gives you attitude then I would go to the owner... give her a chance to apologize...
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Set her straight like a real man and fuck her in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 02:02 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
That gets me about tonight is that I've worked out around her for a couple of years. It was like she was a totally different person tonight.
I understand I haven't been trained in the proper uses and implementations, but I suspect that was the perfect opportunity for the taser.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Lifer

I would of told that bitch to eat a dick and left the weights on the floor!
I drop the weights all the time and let em bounce off the rubber matt(no spotter)
and I rep the 120's(it's all they got ) on incline for sets of 20(4 sets).
I feel sorry for someone's foot if they are standing near me
and even sorrier for some stupid bitch that interrupts my workout and starts talking shit when I'm pumped up.

Basically, you handled it well(I understand you had your kid with you too).
I'm not the nicest guy in the gym, then again...I ain't there to make friends.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Whitepony View Post
perhaps management has been asking them to crack down... See any broken weights laying around?

4 years ago, I was spotting a Gunnery Sergeant on military press. He was using 115's for his set. At the end of his set, this lady next to us was finishing up her tricep extensions with the rounded 5lbr's. Well she put it down and it rolled toward us. She proceeded to reach over and grab it as the Gunny was putting down his weight. He saw the lady and tried to stop the weight which resulted in his right bicep completely unattaching from his clavical.. Pretty wicked site to see.

I never yell at anyone to stop dropping weights unless it completely intentional and avoidable. Better a weight to break than someone else.

I would just go and talk to the lady. She might suggest bringing the weights back to your legs. If you're working to fail then this would suck..

If all else fails, ask her out and stuff it in her butt

I know both of the owners. I'm one of their best assests, because I always clean up the area around me (OCD I guess) and help out if anyone needs a spot, etc... I always joke with them saying they should be paying me instead of me paying them.

I haven't had a partner since 1991, so I never go max or go to failure. I don't drop the weights, because I want them there the next time I come in. Like I said, I don't throw them from waist high, I put them down. It gets on my nerves when people throw them just to make noise and draw attention to themselves.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I understand I haven't been trained in the proper uses and implementations, but I suspect that was the perfect opportunity for the taser.
Hahhahahha! So you think I should have given her the 5 second ride???
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 AM

lol funny story (really)
you a cop? if so,boy is she is in for it. lol
you cops really have a issue with being tested.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
lol funny story (really)
you a cop? if so,boy is she is in for it. lol
you cops really have a issue with being tested.
I'm an old cop. There's a difference. I've mellowed with age.

I just didn't like the fact that she yelled all the way across the free weight floor. If you need to correct an issue, you do it in private (or at least face to face), and not make it everyone's business.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I just didn't like the fact that she yelled all the way across the free weight floor. If you need to correct an issue, you do it in private (or at least face to face), and not make it everyone's business.
i agree 100%. no need for all the testosterone to be flying around in one place. lol
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Scared s**tless

The only time I unload is when I fail... usually on long negative sets... and even then it's never from the top and few & far between. With the plastic covering on the weights and the rubber floor, it's pretty quiet.

With that said...

I was doing dead lift with Matt (Strychnine) and some douche of a personal trainer came over to give me shit for "slamming the weight down"... while I'm doing a set of DL @ 405... and actually told me to stop doing dead lifts. I pretty much told him a manager said I could do DLs and to fuck off. Afterwards, I had a talk with management, we reached an agreement, and that cocksucker doesn't talk to me now. We're all happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 03:50 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
I was doing dead lift with Matt (Strychnine) and some douche of a personal trainer came over to give me shit for "slamming the weight down"... while I'm doing a set of DL @ 405... and actually told me to stop doing dead lifts. I pretty much told him a manager said I could do DLs and to fuck off. Afterwards, I had a talk with management, we reached an agreement, and that cocksucker doesn't talk to me now. We're all happy
LOL. That was greatness.

DB: "Stop dropping the weights. It disturbs everyone else around you."

Don: "... we're in a GYM."

DB: "It's a fitness center."

Don:

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Lifer

Maybe the female trainer is muslim?
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:31 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

You should have punched that annoying bitch in the gunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
You should have punched that annoying bitch in the gunt!
wtf is a gunt exactly? maybe you ment a punch in the gcunt. where the g is silent.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnobles06 View Post
wtf is a gunt exactly? maybe you ment a punch in the gcunt. where the g is silent.
here is the definition
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

ROFL @ definition #1

Not quite a cunt...not quite a gut. A gunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement