Most effective way to lean out in 1 month? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Most effective way to lean out in 1 month?

I've leaned out a bit during this contest, but haven't noticed much, if any difference from my 1 month to my 2 month photos. One guy I work out with suggested the keto diet. I don't know if I want to go to that extreme, but I do need to cut out carbs. I think for the last month, I'm gonna switch from Syntha 6 and milk for my shakes to Isopure Zero Carb with water. Just that alone (2 shakes a day - usually 2 scoops each time, 1% milk) should knock about 80g of carbs out of my diet. I already do plenty of cardio...riding my bike 3-4x a week usually at least an hour and a half each time...sometimes 3 hours. Think just the difference in shakes would be enough or is there something else fairly simple to help with the process? I'm not supplementing since I currently do a lot of cardio already - but I'm not opposed to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Wolverines!!!

coke or meth
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Nobody

If you want drastic changes fast, you gotta do more cardio. Six days a week, and change it up, you're body has probably already adapted to the biking routine, so mix it up by throwing some running in there.

Or you could go score some clenbuterol.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
If you want drastic changes fast, you gotta do more cardio. Six days a week, and change it up, you're body has probably already adapted to the biking routine, so mix it up by throwing some running in there.

Or you could go score some clenbuterol.
Yeah, I'm sure my body has adapted...I've been riding for almost 2 years. Although I wouldnt call it a routine. The ride is never the same length or intensity.

And I guess my understanding of physiology isnt the greatest, but if I continue to increase my cardio, doesn't that hamper my ability to build muscle?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc View Post
Yeah, I'm sure my body has adapted...I've been riding for almost 2 years. Although I wouldnt call it a routine. The ride is never the same length or intensity.

And I guess my understanding of physiology isnt the greatest, but if I continue to increase my cardio, doesn't that hamper my ability to build muscle?
You asked how to lean out. You can't win a two front war. You either have to decide to get lean and then build quality lean muscle on that foundation after you have lost the bodyfat, or you can do a nasty bulk phase, and eat you're heart out, gain some muscle, more fat and try to lean out later.
You guys need to understand that the time for a drastic change is here. Quit worrying about the numbers on the scale and let the mirror show you whats happening. I would honestly throw the scales in the trash. Up your cardio, cut the calories and start cutting the fat. As long as you are keeping your protein at 1g per lb you won't lose any muscle, and to be safe, just take some BCAA's before and after your cardio.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Scared s**tless

I'm tellin' ya man, DNP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Baller

A low carb diet can actually do a decent amount of good for you. But don't think that you can just replace those calories with anything.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Lifer

Just do what I did... have a very severe asthma attack that turns into pneumonia and get hospitalized.
Over the span of one week, I went from 232lbs to 211 lbs.
Not in a good way either.
Worst part is that I'm still not fully over this junk.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Lifer

my dad used to lift a lot and when he wanted to get ripped he would eat nothing but fruit and green veggies (mostly fruit though) for a few weeks.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned

winstrol
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnobles06 View Post
my dad used to lift a lot and when he wanted to get ripped he would eat nothing but fruit and green veggies (mostly fruit though) for a few weeks.
that is when ppl where old fashioned and uneducated. and didnt know cutting out all PROTEIN for " a few weeks" actually meant most of the weight they lost was muscle.

if you want to lose alot of weight in a month anorexia works use the 1 finger diet!

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
and to be safe, just take some BCAA's before and after your cardio.
Doesn't have anything to do with anything, but you just reminded me of an article I read a few days ago:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0407130905.htm

Quote:
Too Much Protein, Eaten Along With Fat, May Lead To Insulin Resistance
ScienceDaily (Apr. 9, 2009)

...blah...blah...

Obese people have been found to harbor proteins called branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) at far higher levels than non-obese people. The suspicion has been that these amino acids, in combination with a high-fat diet, contribute to insulin resistance.

"I want to be clear that our animal data suggest that there is nothing wrong with obtaining protein from sources that are high in branched-chain amino acids, as long as you are not eating beyond what your energy needs are," said Newgard, who is a professor of pharmacology and cancer biology and professor of medicine at Duke. "If you add a lot of unneeded protein to a fatty diet, perhaps that's where you get into problems. The ancient Greeks were right: everything in moderation."

etc.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

lean up your diet...eat 5 small meals a day and exercise daily

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc View Post
I've leaned out a bit during this contest, but haven't noticed much, if any difference from my 1 month to my 2 month photos.
I just was thinking back and realized my own problem. I left out on obvious issue in this statement. In an effort to put on muscle in month 2, I went on a weight gainer...IDS Smart Gainer. Going back off that should help. But yeah, I need to increase the cardio.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
I'm tellin' ya man, DNP.
Holy Hell NO! That stuff is pure evil... LOL
I think I lost 7-8lbs within a week from thats hit

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Lifer

Run in the morning when you first get up burn more fat that way.. i lost 20 lbs in less than three weeks just by doing this alone
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
Run in the morning when you first get up burn more fat that way.. i lost 20 lbs in less than three weeks just by doing this alone
Out of curiosity, was this a switch from running the same distances in the evenings, or a switch from not running to running which just happened to be in the morning?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement