Well disciplined, but no direction - just ordered P90X - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well disciplined, but no direction - just ordered P90X

Hey guys,

I've always been very well disciplined when I set my mind to something. I have come to a point where I am tired of sitting at my office job and looking into a career with a little bit more physical activity/outdoors. With that said, I'll need to get into better shape. I'm currently 5'9 1/2", 188lbs, and pretty solid on my chest/shoulders/legs. I tend to look lighter than I am because I have a good deal of muscle mass leftover from working out in H.S.
I have some work to do on my midsection, definitely not a beach body, but not as bad as I have been in the past.

In the past I was always willing and able to stick with a plan and achieve goals. The problem I had was setting the plan. I am very good about sticking to a diet or a lifestyle if I can plan it ahead. I get myself into nutritional trouble when I allow convenience to depict what and where I eat. Predetermined meals will prevent this, thus allowing a much healthier lifestyle.

I used to go to the gym and do mon-fri working two muscle groups per day - Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, Legs/Shoulders, Abs/Calves, Forearms, etc.
I would also toss in about half of an hour of cardio 3 of those days.
Eventually this would lead to a plateu.

With that said - I was given P90X as a gift, and I am hopeful that it will provide a good sense of direction. With the aid of the meal planning and nutrition guideline, and my own will and good discipline, I should be able to whip myself into shape pretty quick.

It should arrive in about 5 days - and I hope to show some before and after pics along the way.

Is anyone else still on this program? I saw a few people post about it almost a year ago, but not much since. A search didn't yield many results.

Is anyone else about to start?

Their forum is great for motivation/comparisons...but I figured I'd see if anyone here was about to dive in.

Take care,
SQ

Semper Paratus - Proudly serving in the USCG
----------------------------------------------------------
1991 LX Coupe 5.0 - Bimini on Black - Mostly stock Weekend driver
1985 LX Coupe 5.0 - Still in pieces
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium - Wife's Ride

Last edited by ShawnQ; 03-25-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Lifer

should have started a thread before you ordered it. i downloaded it for free. its pretty intense. good luck.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I actually had it ordered as a gift...so, I didn't pay. But, I did consider downloading it until I realized how much of a pain it would be to print everything.

How long have you been doing it?

Semper Paratus - Proudly serving in the USCG
----------------------------------------------------------
1991 LX Coupe 5.0 - Bimini on Black - Mostly stock Weekend driver
1985 LX Coupe 5.0 - Still in pieces
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium - Wife's Ride

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Lifer

i did it for about 2 weeks. it just sucks working out watching a video. it will help out alot if you can find someone to do it with you and keep you motivated. when i quit i started going to the gym again but i still do the ab ripper video from it, about 3 times a week. i love that ab workout.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement