failed free squat, hospital or not? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

failed free squat, hospital or not?

failed out tonight doing 495 out in the open, spot couldnt get me back on track for some reason and i went forward, bar rolled up my back and over my dome, i got owned i didnt feel hurt and continued, did some front squats, leg press, and leg curls. i could tell my shoulder felt funny from the get-go, but now its really hurting, been alternating hot and cold, but its not doing much. need to know if this is something i should seek medical advice on now or try to see how i feel in the morning. i am mostly worried about my neck, but this shoulder almost feels like it could be stemming from my neck. sorry if i sound like a puss, just dont want to be tough guy and really fuck myself up. thanks (wrote one handed, sorry for typos)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
P1

take some ibuprofen and ice the spot where it hit. if it hit you in the noodle the i would consider a dr visit if not just ibuprofen and ice

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Rookie

Shit, that sucks. You should go in for sure. Of course im the type that wouldnt even though i should. haha
You need to be in a rack with a spotter that knows what they are doing when going heavy.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

ya, decided not to, we'll see whats up tomorrow, found some old hydrocodone and a sling, feelin better
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
ya, decided not to, we'll see whats up tomorrow, found some old hydrocodone and a sling, feelin better
haha, that's what im on as well for my broke hand.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

torn rotator cuff, anyone been through this?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
torn rotator cuff, anyone been through this?
A slight tear in my right put me down on a lot of my chest and shoulder exercises for almost 3 weeks. I feel your pain, James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Time Served

spotter should be bitched slapped........the guy should have jumped in from behind and grabbed you be the chest and stood you up.........with him helping you squat the weight up and walk it in.....not your fault.

89 Lx- HP-458
TQ-448
she is slow.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownStroked89Lx View Post
spotter should be bitched slapped........the guy should have jumped in from behind and grabbed you be the chest and stood you up.........with him helping you squat the weight up and walk it in.....not your fault.
To my understanding the guy who was spotting him has more than enough experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Time Served

so if the spotter didn't have enough skill to see hey this guy needs help with these last two reps.maybe i should get in there and make sure he completes them, with a good double arm chest spot from behind to make sure he gets good clean reps........cause this dude got F-ck up from the sound of it, he had some heavy weight on his back......spotter's fault for not jumping in there to take care of this guy, but as for the injury, take it easy see if the pain goes away if not head to the Dr., you only got one body gotta take care of it.

89 Lx- HP-458
TQ-448
she is slow.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike View Post
To my understanding the guy who was spotting him has more than enough experience.
ya, not sure how you know my spot, but he def. has a lot of experience. i think everything was going so good and went bad so quick that by the time he was able to get in there i was doomed. i chalk it up to experience, 3 man spot on heavy squats from now on, either that or in a safety rack. i cant risk this kind of accident again. went in for my MRI today, havent heard any word yet on the results, but hoping that it wont be too long before i am back full force. thinkin about going in tonight and trying to at least salvage a leg workout.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
ya, not sure how you know my spot, but he def. has a lot of experience. i think everything was going so good and went bad so quick that by the time he was able to get in there i was doomed. i chalk it up to experience, 3 man spot on heavy squats from now on, either that or in a safety rack. i cant risk this kind of accident again. went in for my MRI today, havent heard any word yet on the results, but hoping that it wont be too long before i am back full force. thinkin about going in tonight and trying to at least salvage a leg workout.
Does it start with an R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike View Post
Does it start with an R?
ya, we are talkin about the same guy. you at the flex?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement