Not so good diet but excercise - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Not so good diet but excercise

Ok I have pretty much have had the same diet for a LONG time:

Wake up and goto work

Eat a lunchable at 11am

Goto lunch at 2pm (burger, fries, coke) or taco bell, or chic fil a, nothing big though honestly.

Don't eat anything else till 8-9pm which typically includes (totinos pizza, or a grandys chicken fried steak, or other equal type shit)

worst part is I eat a few cookies at night when I am relaxing, last night I made brownies......

I am bad about eating, now I can eat a lean cuisine every once in awhile for lunch but they dont do shit, as for dinner, I could start eating chicken and stuff, curious if I work out 3-4 days a week and still keep that diet up, will i still at least lose some weight?

I know I probably need to cut the sweets out at night

6'2" 240

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
mannish boy

cut the sweets... if you're not really gaining weight on your current diet, you'll lose weight if you start exercising
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
cut the sweets... if you're not really gaining weight on your current diet, you'll lose weight if you start exercising
Bingo. Cut the crap and start excercising and you'll be surprised at how easily the weight falls off.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Nobody

Well, the logic is sound, but rarely works that way. Reason being is this, you will be using a lot more energy than normal, which your body isn't used to. Now, this would not be a problem, if you had a good diet plan, or discipline, but you don't. So what will happen, is you will start getting hungry more often, or craving more food, because your body is needing it for energy. Instead of eating something clean, you will more than likely just eat more crap, and defeat all the work you did. It's a cycle that you see every year, when overweight people get a gym membership, don't change their diet, and see no results, or worse, gain weight. Diet is more important than anything. People may disagree, but this is what I have seen more times than I can count.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
MFFL!

In my case...I lost about 20ish lbs over the course of a year mtn biking. I constantly ate Pei Wei, Chick Fil A, and Taco Bell/Bueno. Even with the bad eating, I did pretty well, but once I paid even modest attention to my diet, I lost 10 more lbs rather easily. So sure, you can eat bad and lose weight, but it's not typical. My mtn biking excursions are often 2-3 hours or more, and most people don't have that kind of time to commit to exercising. If I had watched my diet from the beginning, I might have been down 40 lbs.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc View Post
In my case...I lost about 20ish lbs over the course of a year mtn biking. I constantly ate Pei Wei, Chick Fil A, and Taco Bell/Bueno. Even with the bad eating, I did pretty well, but once I paid even modest attention to my diet, I lost 10 more lbs rather easily. So sure, you can eat bad and lose weight, but it's not typical. My mtn biking excursions are often 2-3 hours or more, and most people don't have that kind of time to commit to exercising. If I had watched my diet from the beginning, I might have been down 40 lbs.
Where do you go that lasts that long? I want to build my stamina up more so I can do that too, right now I piddle around at River Legacy which is nice, but entry level, though they have added some jumps and such there. Gonna goto gym 3-4 times a week now, just hope I can find a good routine.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Lifer

I actually have horrible diet right now, (LAZY) and I have seen some great gains in muscle while keeping the body fat at around 12-15%. I train and work out for a living so it is a lot easier to cheat on diet. It can be done but it is alot cheaper and better on you to pre cook or prepare your own food. I have different goals right now so I really am not concerned on looking like a fitness model or anything. My goal is to dunk within the next few weeks. Right now I can grab rim with 2 hands fairly easily it is just hard to dunk without palming the ball so i got to get HIGHER!

5'10.5''
210lbs

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement