How little time needed to effectively lean out? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

How little time needed to effectively lean out?

So far in my endeavors, I've been able to make darn good strength gains across the board, but I'm the 'hard gainer' type when it comes to size. I've had a few folks tell me to supplement with a weight gainer and/or to eat more. So I've thought about going ahead and doing that for ONE month... I've gone ahead and picked up some IDS Smart Gainer and I'm gonna try and fit an extra meal in somewhere during the day. If I do this and gain a few pounds...would a month and a half be enough to get the excess back off by the end of the transformation contest? Should I just do the gainer alone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc View Post
So far in my endeavors, I've been able to make darn good strength gains across the board, but I'm the 'hard gainer' type when it comes to size. I've had a few folks tell me to supplement with a weight gainer and/or to eat more. So I've thought about going ahead and doing that for ONE month... I've gone ahead and picked up some IDS Smart Gainer and I'm gonna try and fit an extra meal in somewhere during the day. If I do this and gain a few pounds...would a month and a half be enough to get the excess back off by the end of the transformation contest? Should I just do the gainer alone?
If you are truly a "Hardgainer" you should have little to no bodyfat, that being said, you are very unlikely to put on any fat if you are taking the "Gainer" shakes. You should be fine, as long as you aren't drinking three of them a day. Most of those are in the 1000 calorie range, some are twice that.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Hired Hand

The key is to dial in your calories so that you don't gain too much fat, then there won't be any to cut after the fact. Patience is a virtue either way. You need to take your time bulking lean, or if you decide to do a quick bulk, you'll need to take your time leaning out to keep from burning the added lean mass. The simple answer is that there is no quick way, other than anabolics.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

I dont think I'll add too much from the gainer. I ride my bike quite a bit, so it'll probably aid if anything in helping my get mass instead of all my cardio eating at the muscle gains. Maybe my bike riding is probably preventing quick buildup of mass. Too much cardio. But I can't cut that out...it's race season right now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Scared s**tless

If you can map out your protein intake to maintain weight, then you should be able to effectively lean bulk... One of the nice things about having a quick metabolism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement