Protein bars.. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Owned!!
 
D-Money2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 1,426
Protein bars..

Im looking for some protein or meal replacement bars that taste pretty good and are at at decent price. anyone know of any good deals right now?

www.myspace.com/dmoney86
D-Money2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy
 
HECDOGGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: S A C H S E
Posts: 3,454
Tri-O-Plex bannna walnut... .ftw !
HECDOGGIE is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 341
Banana flavored supplements are disgusting.

There aren't a whole lot of choices at a "decent price" though Protein Plus bars are fairly inexpensive, as well as that brand they sell at Wal Mart that interestingly enough has creatine crammed in there somewhere...
StellarKart is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
Banana flavored supplements are disgusting.

There aren't a whole lot of choices at a "decent price" though Protein Plus bars are fairly inexpensive, as well as that brand they sell at Wal Mart that interestingly enough has creatine crammed in there somewhere...


for some reason that last sentence makes me think of that Simpson episode where he's tries to climb that mountain and is eating everything in bar form lol
bert89coupe is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
for some reason that last sentence makes me think of that Simpson episode where he's tries to climb that mountain and is eating everything in bar form lol
Haha, is that the Power Sauce one? The power of apples in bar form?
StellarKart is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Lifer
 
Marisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tarrant
Posts: 10,319
Dude - go to Town Talk on Beach Street. I got a box of 12 Promax bars for $4.99. srsly.

20g protein/bar
Marisa is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Dude - go to Town Talk on Beach Street. I got a box of 12 Promax bars for $4.99. srsly.

20g protein/bar
20 grams? This ain't pre-school...
StellarKart is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Go to the store and but a couple shakers. I take syntha to go all the time.
Wario is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Money2003 View Post
Im looking for some protein or meal replacement bars that taste pretty good and are at at decent price. anyone know of any good deals right now?
Stash a shaker at your house, work, car. Carry a protein in your car, keep one at your desk and one at home.

Syntha 6 choco is like cake batter if you don't dilute it to much.
Nate is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
Haha, is that the Power Sauce one? The power of apples in bar form?


LOL, yes that's the one.

He walks up to the gym and says "gym(saying it gIm), what's a gym?" Opens the door and sees people working out "oooooohhhhh, a gym (still pronouncing it gIm) lol
bert89coupe is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Lifer
 
Marisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tarrant
Posts: 10,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKart View Post
20 grams? This ain't pre-school...
I bet you have stinky farts.
Marisa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome