Ripped Fuel vs. Hydroxycut - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Tuna

Ripped Fuel vs. Hydroxycut

I have quite a bit of Ripped Fuel, but when I take it I get a little gittery. I havn't tried Hydroxycut, but I hear it is the best. Has anyone had any problems with Hydroxycut like I have had with Ripped Fuel?

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:45 PM
parts pusher

i use to take hydroxycut when i worked at GNC...it's alot better than Ripped Fuel...Rf has alot of caffenine...so it speeds up your heart..not good...any other advice bro?

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 11:20 PM

i f you take enough hydroxy cutt you will get the jitters also, but from my experiences they both work about the same, i dont use them for fat reduction but for evergy pre aorkout. i have heard rave reviews about a thermogenic called Adipokinetics(sp). a friend of mint took it bef ro one of his shows and loved it!

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 02:05 PM
get8ch

like bully saud if you take enough of the Hydroxycut you will get the jitters. Both products have either caffiene or efedrine in them, which is what makes you all jittery....

If you dont like the jitters, you might just start out with a low dose and increase the dose every week unitll you find a dose that is just right.

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 02:10 PM

Kind of off the exact topic, but what's the difference between hydroxycut and xenadrine? Which is better?
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Hired Hand

They are both ECAs (a combination of ephedrin, caffiene, and aspirin) with a few extras. It's the ratio of E to C to A and what source each comes from (like gurana is an herbal version of ephedra and willow bark is herbal aspirin). I've tried them both and they both work pretty good as long as you watch you diet.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 10:45 PM

just pick one and try it! at vitamin world they sell a generic zenadren and it works well/ just like xenadren but for about $25.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 05:06 AM

Talking hey mike

i like the hydroxycut but its just like ripped fuel!take a little at a time so you want be so jumpy until your used to it!
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 11:28 AM

Which one would you recomend, Hydroxycut or xenadrine? Is there a big difference? Since you took both, in your opinion, which one was more efficent?
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Hired Hand

They both work great, but I like hydroxycut better as it gives me more "energy" for a workout. Either can give you the jitters, but Hydroxycut is a bit more Ephedrine heavy. Start either with a low dose and see how your body reacts. After time just like the real deal, your body will get used to it so you might wanna up the dose a little.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Rach

LOL, If you want a girl's prespective, Hydroxycut worked really well for me, especially when I work out hard. But you do have to watch your diet, or else it ended up not doing too much...just my point of view!
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rach
LOL, If you want a girl's prespective, Hydroxycut worked really well for me, especially when I work out hard. But you do have to watch your diet, or else it ended up not doing too much...just my point of view!

Always nice to have a female's perspective. I think I might try hydroxycut and see how that works out. Thanks for everyones help.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 04:53 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover

Always nice to have a female's perspective. I think I might try hydroxycut and see how that works out. Thanks for everyones help.

.and you certainly wouldn't have a female's perspective...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 03:39 PM

Do you have to take Hydroxycut an hour before a meal? Is it ok if you take it with your meal? What is the difference? How many pills should be recommended a day to take for the first week or so?
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 10:15 AM
Hired Hand

Take it before, as an empty stomach allows for faster absorbtion into the blood stream, enabling you to spike your matabolic rate before you eat. Otherwise the ECA has to fight for the nutrients to get into your blood, slowing everything down.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 12:19 PM
CFH

Xenadrine is the best. I've taken that and Hydroxycut and I had no jitters or anything else from either. With xenadrine I felt like I had more energy and could workout harder.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 02:28 PM
MFFL!

What about BetaLean from EAS? Anyone use that or have any experiences with it? What about compared to Hydroxycut?
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:45 PM

EAS=over priced,

dont buy their products, if you pay hard earned cash for suppluments buy others that have the same contend just not that label and you will save enough $$$$ for other things like car parts!!!
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 09:26 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally posted by bully1027
EAS=over priced,

dont buy their products, if you pay hard earned cash for suppluments buy others that have the same contend just not that label and you will save enough $$$$ for other things like car parts!!!
You can slam them, but can you answer the question I asked? I don't want your opinion about the company. I wanted a comparison of products....do the work or don't they? How does it compare to Hydroxycut? I know where to find supplements dirt cheap, so cost is not an issue.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Lifer

i higly recommend hydroxycut. I have only tried a few others. that should tell you that i liked it. I never had to try anything else. the new formula is better too. burns the fat faster. always puts me in a good mood!!

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang_marc
You can slam them, but can you answer the question I asked? I don't want your opinion about the company. I wanted a comparison of products....do the work or don't they? How does it compare to Hydroxycut? I know where to find supplements dirt cheap, so cost is not an issue.
im not slamming them but why dont you try one for your self and see how it works! thats what i do before i recomend something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:46 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 96BluOvl
i higly recommend hydroxycut. I have only tried a few others. that should tell you that i liked it. I never had to try anything else. the new formula is better too. burns the fat faster. always puts me in a good mood!!
Well, that is good to hear. I just started taking hydroxycut this morning and I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out for me. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I'm switching from Xenadrine to Hydroxycut.
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Well, that is good to hear. I just started taking hydroxycut this morning and I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out for me. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I'm switching from Xenadrine to Hydroxycut.
Did you take one or two this morning?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata

Did you take one or two this morning?
I took one, and just took another one for lunch. How long do you think I should take one for before I bump it up to 2 per meal?
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 01:56 PM

I've had all three, and Xenadrine seems to give me more energy. Hydroxycut tends to get stuck in my throat which tastes nasty for hours.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:16 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:

I took one, and just took another one for lunch. How long do you think I should take one for before I bump it up to 2 per meal?
I'd say atleast a week, and then gauge how you feel. If you are still getting a little jittery then stick with one otherwise take two and see what happens.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
Hydroxycut tends to get stuck in my throat which tastes nasty for hours.
Take it with skim milk or water...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Playahata
Take it with skim milk or water...
Would probably have to try milk. Water doesn't do a bit of good.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:07 PM
Lifer

old hydrox-4 twice a day

new hydrox-3 twice a day

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:50 PM

Quote:
old hydrox-4 twice a day

new hydrox-3 twice a day
It says on the back to take it 3x a day, one for each main meal. I've been taking one for breakfast, one for lunch, and one either for dinner or right before I work out. Depending on if I go work out at 5 or 8.
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 09:49 AM

Quote:
It says on the back to take it 3x a day, one for each main meal. I've been taking one for breakfast, one for lunch, and one either for dinner or right before I work out. Depending on if I go work out at 5 or 8.
You probably don't want to take very much because of your size. You could try 2 before breakfast and see how you feel.
post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 11:27 AM

Quote:

You probably don't want to take very much because of your size. You could try 2 before breakfast and see how you feel.
So far the way I have been taking it, it hasn't affected me in a negative way. Also, it has given me energy when working out. If I do start feeling weird, I'll lower the dose. I think in 1-2 weeks I'll start taking 2 pills per meal if I'm still feeling normal. How long does anyone suggest I should wait to increase the dose from one pill a meal to two pills a meal?
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 12:31 PM

Quote:
So far the way I have been taking it, it hasn't affected me in a negative way. Also, it has given me energy when working out. If I do start feeling weird, I'll lower the dose. I think in 1-2 weeks I'll start taking 2 pills per meal if I'm still feeling normal. How long does anyone suggest I should wait to increase the dose from one pill a meal to two pills a meal?
Not long at all. When you don't feel it do anything (typical is 1-2 weeks). But try not to take it on your days off. You'll start getting used to it too fast.
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 01:47 PM

Quote:

Not long at all. When you don't feel it do anything (typical is 1-2 weeks). But try not to take it on your days off. You'll start getting used to it too fast.
Well I work out 5-6x a week anyways. What is wrong with "getting used to it?" Isn't that what you want?
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 06:07 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Well I work out 5-6x a week anyways. What is wrong with "getting used to it?" Isn't that what you want?
No, tolerence is not a good thing. In essence it's like alcohol or many illegals. If you take any of them too often, tolerence builds and you body physically and chemically adapts, neccesitating a higher dose to get the same effect. ECA's are the same way. (this is also pert of why I wanted you to take time off from the Xenadrine before changing...)

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Lifer

no one is gonna jump out of the bottle and shoot you if you don't follow the directions to the T. I use what i feel is right for me. Nuff said.

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 09:43 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
no one is gonna jump out of the bottle and shoot you if you don't follow the directions to the T. I use what i feel is right for me. Nuff said.
I didn't say anything about following the directions, I was merely asking her to be mindful of the detrimental effects of tolerance. Just like training and calorie intake, you want to have just enough as too much is a bad thing. Overtrain and you are hurting your muscles. Eat too amny calories and oyu get fat. Take too much EFA and you get dehydrated and build tolerance, pissing your money down the drain (and feel like shit when you try to get off of it). Moderation is the key to a healthy body, regardless of the label.

p.s. I have a gym buddy that was hospitalized from taking too much ripped fuel (essentially the same as hydroxy), the stuff isn't harmless.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:30 AM

Quote:
What is wrong with "getting used to it?" Isn't that what you want?
Exactly what Playahata said. Also, you'll be going through more to get the same results, and you'll just be wasting money. I know there are disciplined bodybuilders who take it for like 3 months and quit for about a month so they don't get used to it. I've gotten used to it before, to where taking the same dose didn't do a thing for me.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Exactly what Playahata said. Also, you'll be going through more to get the same results, and you'll just be wasting money. I know there are disciplined bodybuilders who take it for like 3 months and quit for about a month so they don't get used to it. I've gotten used to it before, to where taking the same dose didn't do a thing for me.
I've cycled ECA's for the past 3 or 4 years for a couple months at a time (never on for more than 8 weeks, never off for less than a month) and can tell you that even with a 3 month break, it's less "effective" the next time I use it. The key is to use it as just what it is, a supplement. A minor addition to a program already going in the direction you want to head. You'll be alot less mentally dependent that way, the whole process will be alot more effective, and when you reach your goal you'll have the lifestyle you need to stay there without wasting money on supplements every month.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 11:30 AM

I forgot if it was Aaron or Jeremy who told me this, but I'm taking your advice and not going to take Hydroxycut on the days I don't work out. Today is my first off day this week so I didn't take it. Is it ok if I am working out 5-6 days a week if I take hydroxycut 5-6x a week?
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I forgot if it was Aaron or Jeremy who told me this, but I'm taking your advice and not going to take Hydroxycut on the days I don't work out. Today is my first off day this week so I didn't take it. Is it ok if I am working out 5-6 days a week if I take hydroxycut 5-6x a week?
It's about preference. I personally don't need the "energy" or motivation to push myself in the gym and take it 7 days a week.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 01:03 PM

Quote:
It was me. =) It should be fine to take it as long as you don't have any heart probs, but don't go over the recommended dose. I definately notice the difference at the gym if I forget to take some.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 09:25 PM
Lifer

yeah i understand but I stated what i was taking and it sounded like someone was disagreeing with said amount. what i stated was actually less than recommended dose. Keep in mind I have already developed a tolerance for that shit. And hydroxycut has alot more ingredients than other brands. AND YES YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL ON DOSEAGE. BECAUSE ONCE YOU TAKE THEM there is no turning back. Lets just say coffee does NOTHING for me!!!

P.S. I didn't realize she was a lady. I don't know what rec. are good for females, sorry.

Last edited by 96BluOvl; 05-17-2002 at 09:28 PM.
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 12:26 PM
Hired Hand

Last edited by Big A; 05-20-2002 at 03:56 PM.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 03:17 PM
gewizgeo

Ripped Fuel is better and cost half as much. Hydroxy Cut is a good product but you can only take so much in one day where Ripped fuel you can take more. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish most of all, everybody's body is different.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by gewizgeo
Ripped Fuel is better and cost half as much. Hydroxy Cut is a good product but you can only take so much in one day where Ripped fuel you can take more. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish most of all, everybody's body is different.
You take "more" because of a lower doseage of primary ingredients per capsule. Read the label before you assume a lower price means a better deal. Always look at the recommended dosages and how long the product will last at the said dosages. 160 caps of "A" will last 26 days at 6 per day (2caps 2x/day) and 160 caps of "B" will only go for 17 days if you have to tak 3 of them 3x/day. After doing the math, most ECAs are about equal in price depending on what kind of deal your Store has.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 10:12 PM
Lifer

never taken ripped fuel, never will.

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Sir Clavin

hydroxycut gives me jitters if i take it in the morning and dont eat.

great appetite suppresor too. for me, nothing ever sounds good to eat when i take it. i just eat cause i hafta.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by [CS]ls1haha
...and dont eat.
Believe it or not, food raises your metabolism when eaten in the correct intervals. An empty stomach will cause you body to go ino starvation mode where it burns carbs and muscle protein, saving the body fat for what it thinks may be a long time without food. Eat atleast 6 times a day starting first thing in the morning, breakfast is what gets you kick-started into the day. I usually wake up and take my hydroxy, waiting to eat after I take my shower to give the ECA just a little time to partially digest before I put food on top.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement