DFW Mud Run 2009 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

DFW Mud Run 2009

Last time I posted after this event some of yall acted interested. So as promised here is some info on the 2009 event. This is an email I got the other day about the spring mud run.. This is an awesome event very well run and a blast to participate in. You have so much fun the running is easy. If you have any questions just post up, I have been doing this event for a while now.

Quote:
Hey Mud Runners! It's time to get ready for The Challenge!!! The date is confirmed for Sunday, March 29th and we are set to run the 2nd Spring Mud Run Challenge. Get your plans in early to go to Saturday Church, make sure you are available to pick your own packet up on Saturday, March 28th and get ready for some fun. Spring is a great tune-up for the Fall 10th Anniversary event and remember there are bonus prizes and goodies for those who compete in both races. Plus there is the great opportunity to raise money for our Young Marines Program and the Roy Williams Safety Net Foundation if you can just get friends and family to donate a little token pledge should you finish the race.

We have some exciting news. There are a few changes to the new Mud Run format. First, there will be a new division called D-GAP. It is a division to answer every question about not having a full team of five, not wanting to compete for money, someone on a team not showing up, what to wear, can I run with my friends?, can I run with 3 people?, can I run with 6 people?........SOOOOOO here is the deal:

D-GAP is a division where you sign up to be timed as an individual, but???.you can run with any combination of friends and fellow runners. You can wear anything you want???.running shoes, shorts, lycra, ??????..anything. (Something in addition to Underwear and flip flops are a minimum please! So please comply to public decency codes!!!!) We highly recommend for your safety that you wear long pants and shoes covering the ankle. Remember you???ll have to sign a waiver so if you get hurt, scratched, cut, cold, hot anything???..don???t say I didn???t warn you and remember that slip-n-slide can be a killer on your butt even with pants on!. The competitive division will still be required to wear Long loose fitting pants (NO tights) AND SHOES THAT COVER THE ANKLE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES. If you run D-GAP you can still compare your times to a similar team or individual in the competitive divisions. IN D-GAP YOU SIGN UP AS AN INDIVIDUAL BUT YOU CAN RUN WITH ANY FRIENDS, FAMILY OR ANYONE ELSE. If you sign up in D-GAP you MUST RUN IN D-GAP. You can???t wear anything other than boots and long loose-fitting pants in any of the other divisions.

I am sure I will get questions about this but it is pretty simple. All the divisions are the same as last fall: Individual Men and Individual Women, T2 (Teams of any gender combination numbering 2) and the 5- five person team categories (All-Male, All-Female, Co-Ed, Plus Uniformed Service and Corporate ??? which are both back as their own divisions). There is NO KIDS RACE IN THE SPRING! We have just added D-GAP as a division of runners who want to have fun and wear anything they want. They are not eligible for prizes, there are no awards in the division, there is nothing to prevent teams of 1,2,3 or teams of 25. I don???t care how you form up???I just care that you have fun. You can wear anything you want as long as you sign a waiver and know that we recommend you wear boots and long pants. You don???t have to have a team in place when you register. Sign up as an individual in D-GAP and have anyone who wants to run with you do the same. Find some people you want to run the race with and go have fun. After it is over, compare your times to the competitive team you most resemble and see where you might finish should you choose to be competitive. If not, just run and have fun.

I think this should prevent all the questions but I am ready for the e-mails. I am sure you know that if you are nice to me??????I???ll be nice back???.if you are mean spirited and rude???..you will be called out! BE NICE???we are doing our best with an all volunteer staff so if you have rude comments about how changes to our race mess up your plans and we are making the race no fun and you can???t change your church plans so I am a bad person for scheduling a race on a Sunday like every Marathon and Triathlon in the world is and all the things I am sure to see???..then be ready to defend yourself! Myself???.I am going to Saturday church right down the street at Fellowship Church???s Fort Worth Campus so there is an option if you wish. We are trying our best to make the race better, so it may not be perfect for you but it the changes we make or for the greater good and the majority. If it doesn???t work for you, we appreciate you helping in any way you can to make it better by volunteering???.as a matter of fact???if you have something rude to say???.make sure you have volunteered at something before you start insulting my staff!

I miss you all and appreciate you. I hope you all had a good beginning to the new year and let???s make this the biggest Mud Run in the world so people talk about it and want to be part of it! I can???t wait to see you all at the Spring Challenge. We are on our way to Florida for the first Mud Run JAX on Feb 28th so wish us luck and we???ll run back here for the Spring event. You???ll be hearing from me again concerning packet pick-up and everything else so start training and help us by passing the word via e-mail, My Space, Facebook and posting notices in your work, church, school, etc. If you want to volunteer visit the website at www.mudrundfw.com. If you need a poster I???ll put a downloadable one on the website for you to print of (pdf format) next week. Let me know if you have questions and thanks for all you do!

The Mud Run Staff
www.mudrundfw.com

02-z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
is chilaxing

My lil bro is doing this in March. I'm going to do it in Oct/Nov with him, forgot which month it is.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

I tried to start running again a few weeks ago... that lasted about 4 days. Apparently my knee isn't ready for it yet

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I tried to start running again a few weeks ago... that lasted about 4 days. Apparently my knee isn't ready for it yet
Give it time, I would not suggest this run at all this close to your surgery. Wait for the fall mud run and do that. this is defiantly not something that is easy on the knees.

02-z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement