Special K or Slim Fast Diets?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Special K or Slim Fast Diets??

Hey I am a female and I am 5'3" and weigh 128. I eventually want to lose about 15 pounds but I was wondering if these Special K and Slim Fast diets work for losing around 5-10 pounds farely quickly? Does anyone know if the whole substituting meals for either of these things would work? I'm just curious b/c I was thinking of trying it but I don't know if it's true or what.

Acura TSX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Lifer

I did the Slim Fast thing a long time ago. It worked but I was always hungry and grumpy. Those are good in terms of a quick fix but nearly impossible to keep up as a lifestyle change.

post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx View Post
I did the Slim Fast thing a long time ago. It worked but I was always hungry and grumpy. Those are good in terms of a quick fix but nearly impossible to keep up as a lifestyle change.
I tried to do Slim Fast as well, but I was always hungry.... it worked for a little bit though..

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx View Post
How long did you do it for and about how much weight did you lose?

Acura TSX
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Pics sans clothing will be needed to accurately answer your question.

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

What does your diet consist of right now ?
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

If you already have a pretty healthy diet, working out more would be the best way to loose 5-10 quick pounds.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I don't really diet but I don't really eat anything really horrible either. I eat what I want but in moderation. Never have cared for sweets or fried foods. I've always been a pretty healthy eater but I've been maintaining the same weight. I need to just work out more but I was just looking for something pretty quick and easy to shed about 5-10lbs in a fairly short amount of time.

Acura TSX
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

do drink alot of cokes?

generally a really low carb diet will shed pounds quickly

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

No I actually NEVER drink cokes. Just tea and water. I only eat a little bit of carbs but still maintaining same weight! It's driving me crazy. What is a really good plan for a female to lose a good 10-15 pounds? Maybe I'm doing it all wrong or something. Haven't had much training. Just kind of do my own thing. I read a lot of stuff but everyone says something different so it's kind of overwhelming. I can't afford to only eat certain foods but I don't think I eat horrible.

Acura TSX
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

what do you eat on an average day

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I don't know. Just whatever. I don't have an average daily meal plan. I want to answer your question but I really just eat just whatever is available when I'm hungry but I eat smart when I do eat. I don't eat just crap. Every once in a while I'll have taco bueno or something when I'm on the run but it's not often.

Acura TSX
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Banned

Do drugs.

Didn't think you still posted here, Lacey?

If you're not excercising, and you have a pretty moderate diet. That 128 is probably your bodies ideal weight. If you want to burn extra fat, you're gonna have to put extra effort in to it. Like someone already said...exercise.
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Hi Poop. I don't usually post here but I have been lately out of boredom and b/c I'm tired of Myspace. I know.... I just need to exersize. I want to get back down to 115!

Acura TSX
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevysRBetter View Post
I don't know. Just whatever. I don't have an average daily meal plan. I want to answer your question but I really just eat just whatever is available when I'm hungry but I eat smart when I do eat. I don't eat just crap. Every once in a while I'll have taco bueno or something when I'm on the run but it's not often.

Help me out here, How many calories do you eat on average per day ?

Let's start with a list of everything you ate and drank today and go from there.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Today was bad b/c I've been home all day and haven't been to the store for groceries. I didn't have breakfast b/c I slept in today but for lunch I had two tacos that I had left over from yesterday. I drink water with everything pretty much. Earlier this evening I made some progresso chicken noodle soup and had a grilled cheese. That's all I've had today. Yesterday I had a bowl of cereal in the morning, a turkey sandwhich and baked lays for lunch, and a nasty bean burrito and muchaco from taco bueno for dinner. eek

Acura TSX
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevysRBetter View Post
Today was bad b/c I've been home all day and haven't been to the store for groceries. I didn't have breakfast b/c I slept in today but for lunch I had two tacos that I had left over from yesterday. I drink water with everything pretty much. Earlier this evening I made some progresso chicken noodle soup and had a grilled cheese. That's all I've had today. Yesterday I had a bowl of cereal in the morning, a turkey sandwhich and baked lays for lunch, and a nasty bean burrito and muchaco from taco bueno for dinner. eek

Skipping meals is a big no no. You actually can slow your metabolism down when you miss meals and then when you do eat you body goes into fat storage mode. What was on the tacos ? beef ? chicken ? fried shells ? corn or flour tortilla ? cheese ? sour cream ? The cheese is in the grilled cheese is loaded with fat as well. What was on the turkey sandwich as far as mayonaise or mustard ? Cheese ? bread type ?

If you are serious about dropping weight you need to clean up your diet. It is best to eat 5 to 6 times a day with about 200 calories per time for your body weight with as little fat as possible and a lot of protein. If you would like to see what eating right will do, then for 7 days, do not eat any fried foods, keep your calories under 1200 per day, and keep your fat intake way down. Try eating tuna with fat free mayonaise on whole wheat bread " 270 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 24 grams protein, , or turkey with kraft fat free cheese on whole wheat "220, calories, 2.5 grams fat, 18 grams protein, or grilled chicken breast on the same. The grilled chicken sandwiches at chick fila are only 3 grams of fat and 260 calories while providing around 27 grams of protein. Try this for 7 days and track the results. For snacks, sugarfree jello cups are 10 calories and 0 fat, and light popcorn is good as well. If you eat a hamburger, use mustard instead of mayonaise and baked potatoe with sour cream only instead of french fries. If you must eat tacos, then go with corn tortillas with no cheese and preferably chicken instead of fried greasy beef. All of these little changes will make a big difference when put all together. Doing cardio 3 times a week will help even more.

This calculator can help you figure how many claories you need to reach your goal.

http://www.muscletech.com/resources/.../caloric.shtml

Last edited by bullet; 01-27-2009 at 11:20 PM.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Lifer

burn more calories than you take in and you will lose weight. Just do some cardio for 45 min a day and im sure you will shed some weight. Fruit veggies chicken fish etc. Dont worry about quick nothing happens quick yoiu didnt get that way quick so you wont lose it quick.

98 Brokra
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thank you for the advice! I am going to go to the store today and buy some things that I think will help me eat healthier. I think the reason why my diet is shitty is because I just eat what I can. I don't really plan my meals or anything. Also, I think if I keep track of everything I eat it will help also. I'm going to do your 7 day thing and write down everything I eat and see what kind of results I get. Also need to get my ass in the gym more. Other than doing just cardio 3 times a week, I also like to lift weights. Is there any specific kind of weight training I should stick to? When I go I just do low weight and high repitition on the machines. Should I just stick to cardio only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Skipping meals is a big no no. You actually can slow your metabolism down when you miss meals and then when you do eat you body goes into fat storage mode. What was on the tacos ? beef ? chicken ? fried shells ? corn or flour tortilla ? cheese ? sour cream ? The cheese is in the grilled cheese is loaded with fat as well. What was on the turkey sandwich as far as mayonaise or mustard ? Cheese ? bread type ?

If you are serious about dropping weight you need to clean up your diet. It is best to eat 5 to 6 times a day with about 200 calories per time for your body weight with as little fat as possible and a lot of protein. If you would like to see what eating right will do, then for 7 days, do not eat any fried foods, keep your calories under 1200 per day, and keep your fat intake way down. Try eating tuna with fat free mayonaise on whole wheat bread " 270 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 24 grams protein, , or turkey with kraft fat free cheese on whole wheat "220, calories, 2.5 grams fat, 18 grams protein, or grilled chicken breast on the same. The grilled chicken sandwiches at chick fila are only 3 grams of fat and 260 calories while providing around 27 grams of protein. Try this for 7 days and track the results. For snacks, sugarfree jello cups are 10 calories and 0 fat, and light popcorn is good as well. If you eat a hamburger, use mustard instead of mayonaise and baked potatoe with sour cream only instead of french fries. If you must eat tacos, then go with corn tortillas with no cheese and preferably chicken instead of fried greasy beef. All of these little changes will make a big difference when put all together. Doing cardio 3 times a week will help even more.

This calculator can help you figure how many claories you need to reach your goal.

http://www.muscletech.com/resources/.../caloric.shtml

Acura TSX
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Time Served

When I am cutting calories on a cut I usually dominate those Slim Fast Low Carb RTD Chocolates. Decent macros. Healthy fats (9 grams a shake), low carb (4 grams), and 20 grams of slow digesting protein. I like it when I need a change from the usual.

2001 Supercharged GT (SOLD)
1988 Clean GT (SOLD)
2003 Flamed R6 (SOLD)
1995 Nissan 200 SX (SOLD)
2001 Tahoe
1995 Cobra
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
I love Meat.

i have been doing pilates every morning and night

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
i have been doing pilates every morning and night
Has is worked for you?
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Time Served

Location: Pushing shakes and burgers to the hungry people of Denton, Tx
You are putting to much emphasis on weight. You should be more concerned about size. The first 10 lbs is going to be almost all water weight. The meal substitution thing works really well if you can keep it up.

Since you are a woman go get some water pills. Eat some cereal and yogurt for breakfast when you first get up. Then eat something like a SMOKED turkey sandwich with mustard on wheat (smoked turkey is the best for you) and throw in a hard boiled egg if you want. Do something similar for dinner but no later than 6 o'clock. If you get to the point you cant stand it keep something like fig newtons around but only eat 2 at the most.

ONLY drink tea and water. Sodium is your enemy if you are not going to exercise and sweat alot. half a gallon to a full gallon of water a day is plenty.

Do this and I can almost guarantee that you will lose 15 lbs in a month or less.
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Timmay

Jeez, that calculator says I should eat 3849 calories a day to lose weight. I do slimfast optima for breakfast. I am always hungry late at night. Sux.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I love Meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
Has is worked for you?
oh hell yeah, it tones you up quick. I just had a baby 5 months ago and have lost 40lbs and used the tri lean kit I got from greg

2004 Cobra
Quote:
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Undietaker is my hero.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
oh hell yeah, it tones you up quick. I just had a baby 5 months ago and have lost 40lbs and used the tri lean kit I got from greg

fatass
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Lifer

5'3" at 128 is tiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike View Post
5'3" at 128 is tiny...
Maybe for a male!
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Maybe for a male!
Then again, im not exactly into stick figures and bones showing.

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Then again, im not exactly into stick figures and bones showing.
Which is odd considering your physique.

Isn't this you during your kettle bell workout?

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Which is odd considering your physique.

Isn't this you during your kettle bell workout?
Funny guy.. Im still bouncing around from 140-150 i dont consider myself as "punny" as that but you guys have a different opinion. lol Especially you at 6'5" 250 pounds....

Quote:
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
WOW! Thats awesome. What videos do you have?
I want to tone really bad and lose 10lbs.
How much is the Tri Lean kit?
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I love Meat.

Quote:
WOW! Thats awesome. What videos do you have?
I want to tone really bad and lose 10lbs.
How much is the Tri Lean kit?
Oh you will def. tone up doing pilates, you will feel awesome when you are done doing it. The tri lean kit I think was 90 dollars but its a 3 month kit and the best thing I have ever used and you don't feel jittery unless you take 2 of the red pills at one time. Don't do that, trust me!

2004 Cobra
Quote:

Quote:
Undietaker is my hero.
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh you will def. tone up doing pilates, you will feel awesome when you are done doing it. The tri lean kit I think was 90 dollars but its a 3 month kit and the best thing I have ever used and you don't feel jittery unless you take 2 of the red pills at one time. Don't do that, trust me!
Haha okay. Ive heard a lot of good things about Tri Lean.. Im 5'2'' and weigh 117 and I would like to be 107-113lbs but I want to lose inches and tone up.
My measurements..
Chest:36
Waist:25
Hips: 38( )
Legs:23

Do you think the Tri Lean and Pilates would do the trick?
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Haha okay. Ive heard a lot of good things about Tri Lean.. Im 5'2'' and weigh 117 and I would like to be 107-113lbs but I want to lose inches and tone up.
My measurements..

I personally, wouldnt waste $90 to lose 5 lbs. Just start doing your little pilates and you will lose it.

Providing you dont eat McDonalds every other day.

Quote:
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I personally, wouldnt waste $90 to lose 5 lbs. Just start doing your little pilates and you will lose it.

Don't tell her that...
Magic pills are where it's at it bro!
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I dont eat McDonalds... yuck!
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I dont eat McDonalds... yuck!
Give some of the boys here a chance and we'll work that 5-10lbs off of you.

post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I love Meat.

Quote:
My measurements..

If that is all you are wanting to lose, I would just do the pilates. I had a lot of baby weight I needed to lose and now I am just toning it all back up, I didn't tell my parents that I was doing pilates and they saw me the other day and was like what have you been doing, you look smaller! So its a noticable change...thank god.

2004 Cobra
Quote:

Quote:
Undietaker is my hero.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If that is all you are wanting to lose, I would just do the pilates. I had a lot of baby weight I needed to lose and now I am just toning it all back up, I didn't tell my parents that I was doing pilates and they saw me the other day and was like what have you been doing, you look smaller! So its a noticable change...thank god.
Thats awesome!
What pilates videos do you have? I have the 10 minute solution
10 mins of
super toned buns&thighs
arm&shoulder shaper
waist slimmer
total body blast
slim&sleek stretch
I did it for a few months and didnt see much of a change... not like what youre describing.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No thanks
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No thanks
Keep the weight then, thunder thighs.

post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Keep the weight then, thunder thighs.
I will
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Lifer

Honestly, i wouldnt worry about watching videos or using any sort of pill. If you just dedicatre yourself and go jogging every night for a few weeks im sure you can lose the weight easily.

No pills or video is going to make you dedicated or stay committed. Just my $0.02.

Quote:
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Honestly, i wouldnt worry about watching videos or using any sort of pill. If you just dedicatre yourself and go jogging every night for a few weeks im sure you can lose the weight easily.

No pills or video is going to make you dedicated or stay committed. Just my $0.02.
Im not going to get the pills... and right now jogging doesnt sound pleasing when its cold out lol..
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Im not going to get the pills... and right now jogging doesnt sound pleasing when its cold out lol..
You don't want to see the patented Dfwstangs Bedroom workout, and you don't want to jog. You're beyond reach. See the "I got busted..." thread for reference.

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
Don't tell her that...
Magic pills are where it's at it bro!
Dont forget that magic protein...

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:

post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

FWIW, this thread got me thinking and I went and bought some blueberry special K. I ate it for breakfast, but did not do it for lunch, the recommend 3/4 cup for 7 days straight but changed nothing else in my diet or exercise and the scale showed I lost about 1.5 pounds. What sucks about it is that 3/4 cup is like 4 spoons of cereal and then it is gone.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
FWIW, this thread got me thinking and I went and bought some blueberry special K. I ate it for breakfast, but did not do it for lunch, the recommend 3/4 cup for 7 days straight but changed nothing else in my diet or exercise and the scale showed I lost about 1.5 pounds. What sucks about it is that 3/4 cup is like 4 spoons of cereal and then it is gone.
Plus, a 1.5lbs weight loss could just be water weight. Nothing definitive as to whether it actually works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement