Best weight loss supplement. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Best weight loss supplement.

What is the best most effective weight loss supplement out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Cocaine.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Nobody

There is no substitute for healthy eating and working your ass off in the gym. People hate to hear it, but there is no magic pill. Take the money you were gonna waste on a fat burner and go buy some good food. As stated a thousand times before, you might lose 10 lbs, maybe 15 on a diet pill, but it will come back if you don't fix the real problem, which is all diet.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Cocaine.
lol

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

well looking more for a appetite suppressant ( i know i cant spell for shit). I know what foods to eat, eat as little processed food as I can, and drink only water or crystal light. But I ate so bad for so long in large amounts i will eat dinner at 6:30, and by 9 im starving.

just something to kinda curb the appetite until my stomach gets back down in size.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfiend View Post
But I ate so bad for so long in large amounts i will eat dinner at 6:30, and by 9 im starving.

just something to kinda curb the appetite until my stomach gets back down in size.
That's actually good. you should be breaking your meals up into smaller ones every 2.5 to 3 hours. portion control can go a long ways as well. If you eat at a restaurant, don't finish the plate, most restaurant portions are 2 to 3 times what you should be eating in one sitting.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Cocaine.
hahha

eat less and shit more one guy told me.

quickest way to loose weight: Eat better and go run.

Pills are just mental comfort.

Put on the Nikes and go around the block. Just do it.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

im gonna try and find some filling meals. Where i feel fuller longer for the same size portion. My brother wanted to run a 5k in april, and i went to the gym tonight and i wanted to see if I could do it. 38 minutes later, i ran 3.2 miles which is = to a 5k. So i havent run in over 2 years and just did a 5k without much of a problem other then blisters on my heals. I guess i just need to cut back the food, watch my portions, watch what I eat, drink more water (to trick my body into being full) and keep pushing.

I think once i get to 3 days on 1 day off, 2 days on 1 day off of cardio ill start to see the weight come off. Just not looking forward to my first platue.

Brent
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Large Member

You need to do some research. You shouldn't be trying to trick your body into feeling full. Get your diet in check and the weight will fly off.

What's your diet like now?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

well my fiance was doing the weight watchers thing so i kinda stick with that with her sorta.

Tonight I had some home made chili with Ground turkey, black beans, kidney beans, some rotel, one whole onion and an orange pepper, and some some chili seasoning. Along with some brown rice.

lunch was a chicken salad sandwich with just chicken, egg, relish, some light mayo, and mustard and whole wheat bread.

breakfests usually consist of dry cereal, Cheerios and the like. Drink water and crystal light all day.

Tomorrow night is just steamed broc, grilled chicken and brown rice, the next night probably chicken and new potatos.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfiend View Post
well my fiance was doing the weight watchers thing so i kinda stick with that with her sorta.

Tonight I had some home made chili with Ground turkey, black beans, kidney beans, some rotel, one whole onion and an orange pepper, and some some chili seasoning. Along with some brown rice.

lunch was a chicken salad sandwich with just chicken, egg, relish, some light mayo, and mustard and whole wheat bread.

breakfests usually consist of dry cereal, Cheerios and the like. Drink water and crystal light all day.

Tomorrow night is just steamed broc, grilled chicken and brown rice, the next night probably chicken and new potatos.
That's pretty good, I would add a protein to the breakfast though, and maybe switch to oatmeal. You could also throw in a snack in between meals to keep metabolism up, like almonds or protein shakes.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
That's pretty good, I would add a protein to the breakfast though, and maybe switch to oatmeal. You could also throw in a snack in between meals to keep metabolism up, like almonds or protein shakes.
I would second the switch to oatmeal. It sounds like your diet (at least from the info provided) is fairly sound. You're eating foods with a low glycemic index, which is good. Things like whole wheats, eggs, lean meats, pasta, veggies, etc. This kind of stuff is ideal for a healthy diet. Like superwho said, don't wait hours and hours between meals, try to keep a little something in your stomach at all times, maybe try adding a protein bar here and there to curb appetite when you're on the go. I would recommend not buying foods that are "low fat" or "reduced fat" or "no fat" unless specifically prescribed by a doctor. These kinds of foods are usually loaded with unnatural sugars which have a high glycemic index and will likely make you store these simple carbs as fat.

Diet will get you a long way, but exercise is essential for weight loss. Even if all you are able to do is walk or run around your neighborhood, results will come so much faster if you get your heart and muscles working along with your diet.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy

[QUOTE=StellarKart;5528373]I would second the switch to oatmeal. It sounds like your diet (at least from the info provided) is fairly sound. You're eating foods with a low glycemic index, which is good. Things like whole wheats, eggs, lean meats, pasta, veggies, etc. This kind of stuff is ideal for a healthy diet. Like superwho said, don't wait hours and hours between meals, try to keep a little something in your stomach at all times, maybe try adding a protein bar here and there to curb appetite when you're on the go. I would recommend not buying foods that are "low fat" or "reduced fat" or "no fat" unless specifically prescribed by a doctor. These kinds of foods are usually loaded with unnatural sugars which have a high glycemic index and will likely make you store these simple carbs as fat.

Diet will get you a long way, but exercise is essential for weight loss. Even if all you are able to do is walk or run around your neighborhood, results will come so much faster if you get your heart and muscles working along with your diet.[QUOTE]

Great info... Keeping your metabolism up is Key! I believe after a hard workout you keep your metabolism up for 39 hours - (odd # I know ) Doing this daily helps shed old fat and keeps new fat off

Last edited by HECDOGGIE; 01-19-2009 at 12:20 PM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
Great info... Keeping your metabolism up is Key! I believe after a hard workout you keep your metabolism up for 39 hours - (odd # I know ) Doing this daily helps shed old fat and keeps new fat off
Agreed. It's still awesome to see people that come into the gym consistently, get consistent results. Even the housewife who makes the effort to come in the do minimal weight training several days a week can have drastic results over the "weekend warrior" types who try to get it done one or two days a week.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Bitter Italian

I have an idea, Drink more water! I dont care how much you drink now. Drink MORE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement