Supplement reviews? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sherman
Posts: 389
Supplement reviews?

Not real sure if this thread exist or not. I tried to do a search and couldnt find anything. I was wanting to try something new and I was wanting to see what everyone else has tried and liked or disliked and why? Im a big fan of all BSN products. I currently use No-xplod, Cell Mass, and Syntha 6

<a href="http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Hines57TX"><img src="http://g.bfbcs.com/13927/360_Hines57TX.png" alt="Hines57TX" border="0" /></a>
Hines57 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:56 AM
wishin i had a fast car
 
lee earley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Denison
Posts: 4,643
where do you workout at? Nautilus in sherman?
lee earley is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Nobody
 
SuperWho?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Castle Grayskull
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980CJ7
Not real sure if this thread exist or not. I tried to do a search and couldnt find anything. I was wanting to try something new and I was wanting to see what everyone else has tried and liked or disliked and why? Im a big fan of all BSN products. I currently use No-xplod, Cell Mass, and Syntha 6
I like no-xplod, but I try to change up my preworkouts, and am currently making my own with bulk products I get online for a third of the price. As for cellmass, I honestly don't notice any difference from it or any other creatine mix, so I don't waste my money on it. BUt Syntha-6 is some good tasting stuff, and that's a big plus for me, I try to keep about 5 or 6 different flavors of protein around so I look forward to my next shake.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
SuperWho? is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sherman
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee earley
where do you workout at? Nautilus in sherman?
yes nautilus in sherman.

<a href="http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Hines57TX"><img src="http://g.bfbcs.com/13927/360_Hines57TX.png" alt="Hines57TX" border="0" /></a>
Hines57 is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sherman
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho?
I like no-xplod, but I try to change up my preworkouts, and am currently making my own with bulk products I get online for a third of the price. As for cellmass, I honestly don't notice any difference from it or any other creatine mix, so I don't waste my money on it. BUt Syntha-6 is some good tasting stuff, and that's a big plus for me, I try to keep about 5 or 6 different flavors of protein around so I look forward to my next shake.

I love the no xplod for the simple fact it gets me in the mood to work out and the mental focus is great but I think im gonna switch it up and try out the White flood from controlled labs. The main reason I like the BSN products is that you only need to take one scoop of cell mass postworkout and 2 of no xplod preworkout

<a href="http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Hines57TX"><img src="http://g.bfbcs.com/13927/360_Hines57TX.png" alt="Hines57TX" border="0" /></a>
Hines57 is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Research on bodybuilding.com's forums.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980CJ7
I love the no xplod for the simple fact it gets me in the mood to work out and the mental focus is great but I think im gonna switch it up and try out the White flood from controlled labs. The main reason I like the BSN products is that you only need to take one scoop of cell mass postworkout and 2 of no xplod preworkout

Try NO Shotgun by VPX

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Try NO Shotgun by VPX

I have been using this product for a while now. I like it a lot more than NO Xplode. I am pretty much pure BSN except this.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Nobody
 
SuperWho?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Castle Grayskull
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Try NO Shotgun by VPX
Yeah, the samples of that stuff you sent were great, I almost ordered some from you, but I'm gonna try out my new personal mix for awhile.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
SuperWho? is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
I did NOT like White Flood... it gave me a jittery feeling and tasted horrible (Lemonade flavor).

1. No3 Overload
2. NO-Xplode
3. Anything else... I'll pick up one of the first two before anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.

Last edited by DON SVO; 12-17-2008 at 08:19 PM.
DON SVO is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I did NOT like White Flood... it gave me a jittery feeling and tasted horrible (Lemonade flavor).

1. No3 Overload
2. NO-Xplode
3. Anything else... I'll pick up one of the first two before anything else.

Good thing you got it free.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Good thing you got it free.
LOL! It wasn't for me. I wanted to try it for some time too, which sucked. Oh well. I love everything else Controlled Labs puts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Try NO Shotgun by VPX
NO shotgun is doing it for me, 1 scoop is all I need, I been thinking about taking it with some gakic and see where that goes, (what do you think Greg)I used to be a big NO xplode fan but not anymore and the pheradrive is doing wonders thanks Greg (I'm a week in and 6.5 lbs. with proper diet of couse.......)

by the way #1 syntha 6
#2 musclemlk
nevko05 is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 190
Big fan of the NO Shotgun by VPX for preworkout. My favorite "sip" for the flavor and taste drink would be a Grape Speed Stack by ABB. For postworkout I LOVE Optimum Nutrition's After Max. Has all the good stuff all in one tub.

2001 Supercharged GT (SOLD)
1988 Clean GT (SOLD)
2003 Flamed R6 (SOLD)
1995 Nissan 200 SX (SOLD)
2001 Tahoe
1995 Cobra
Nokturnal96 is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevko05
NO shotgun is doing it for me, 1 scoop is all I need, I been thinking about taking it with some gakic and see where that goes, (what do you think Greg)I used to be a big NO xplode fan but not anymore and the pheradrive is doing wonders thanks Greg (I'm a week in and 6.5 lbs. with proper diet of couse.......)

by the way #1 syntha 6
#2 musclemlk
Awsome progress, we've been getting nothing but good reviews from PheraDrive and Pro-Stanivar...

Gakic is over priced muscle tech crap. Much cheaper through other companies.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Lifer
 
jnobles06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lake Worthless
Posts: 2,305
i used to take no-xplod, but i switched to super-pump 250 and it kicks no-xpold's ass. i also am a fan of halodrol liquigels (really makes you just want to keep lifting and pissed off) my bench went up from 25 lbs in 3 weeks on it. muscle milk is the shit. i tastes like a milk shake.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.

Last edited by jnobles06; 12-19-2008 at 06:13 PM.
jnobles06 is offline  
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sherman
Posts: 389
I think im gonna switch it up and try the NO-shotgun. Any recommendations on a post workout product? How is there NO-synthesize? Im still gonna be taking my syntha 6 but would like to switch things up and see if it helps

<a href="http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Hines57TX"><img src="http://g.bfbcs.com/13927/360_Hines57TX.png" alt="Hines57TX" border="0" /></a>
Hines57 is offline  
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 190
I love ON's After Max for postworkout. 40g Protein BLEND, 40g High Glycemic Carbs, 5g Creapure, 5g Glutamine, 1 g Taurine, and the usual BCAA's all in one beverage. It's easy for me and I dont have to mix and match Dextrose, Creatine, and glutamine etc, with my protein. The best thing is it taste great and only runs me about $30 a month.

2001 Supercharged GT (SOLD)
1988 Clean GT (SOLD)
2003 Flamed R6 (SOLD)
1995 Nissan 200 SX (SOLD)
2001 Tahoe
1995 Cobra
Nokturnal96 is offline  
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
BSN Atrophex works good for me. I take it a few hours before wking out and sometimes at work when i feel tired at 1am. I wouldnt take any more than 1 in a 24 hour period it can be extremely hard to sleep.

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Waco
Posts: 222
I like the way the NO explode works, only thing is after about a week I can't drink it. It makes me gag?? tried mixing in other drinks and it still does the same. doesn't really taste bad to me. I did much better with the Black Powder, worked good but not as good as the NO explode.
Ive been looking at trying the Syntha 6, heard nothing but good reviews. are you guys mixing it with water or milk? I use milk in my whey protein Im using now because it taste much better.
jfrog is offline  
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Waco
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Awsome progress, we've been getting nothing but good reviews from PheraDrive and Pro-Stanivar...

Gakic is over priced muscle tech crap. Much cheaper through other companies.
Hey Greg is there anything I can do for the wicked muscle spasms? especially in the lower back. I got about a week left on the Pro stanivar. I noticed my kicks are getting crappy when I work the bag, constantly having to stretch. Doesn't take much to get a wicked pump on this stuff.
jfrog is offline  
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog
Hey Greg is there anything I can do for the wicked muscle spasms? especially in the lower back. I got about a week left on the Pro stanivar. I noticed my kicks are getting crappy when I work the bag, constantly having to stretch. Doesn't take much to get a wicked pump on this stuff.
I had the same issue with E-pol/Halovar. I got back spasms so damn bad after deadlift day that I couldn't walk more than 50 feet without having to wait for the pain to subside so I could catch my breath. Are you using any creatine products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Some say that creatine with PH's give back pumps. I've always wondered what a back pump really was.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Waco
Posts: 222
Not using any creatine. it's been several days since working with the tractor tire and did some squats and deadlifts on wednesday, since then can't barely do anything without getting the back spasms. even when running sprints. also the day after I did squats/ deadlifts, I went for a jog to help recover and when I stopped jogging right above my knees started hurting bad and couldn't barely walk until I stretched my quads for a minute.
I guess the only good thing about the back pump is it forces you to walk with almost perfect posture.
jfrog is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog
Not using any creatine. it's been several days since working with the tractor tire and did some squats and deadlifts on wednesday, since then can't barely do anything without getting the back spasms. even when running sprints. also the day after I did squats/ deadlifts, I went for a jog to help recover and when I stopped jogging right above my knees started hurting bad and couldn't barely walk until I stretched my quads for a minute.
I guess the only good thing about the back pump is it forces you to walk with almost perfect posture.

If it's effecting you that bad maybe you should just start a PCT now.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Waco
Posts: 222
havent posted in a while. just wanted to update. the prostanivar works great. I believe i would have had better results if i worked harder on the diet part. also i saw on another forum that taurine would help with the back pumps. used reversitol from Iforce as PCT and worked great also. actually kept my gains and maybe more. just had to change my work out from low rep/ high weight to high rep/ low weight because it was affecting my muscle endurance in the boxing/kickboxing.
Only thing now is my liver enzymes are still elevated and waiting/ hoping for them to come down by end of April or else i get a liver biopsy
now my overall diet is improving (no starches) and continue to hit the gym regularly switching weights, punching/kicking the bag and jogging with some sprint intervals
jfrog is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
havent posted in a while. just wanted to update. the prostanivar works great. I believe i would have had better results if i worked harder on the diet part. also i saw on another forum that taurine would help with the back pumps. used reversitol from Iforce as PCT and worked great also. actually kept my gains and maybe more. just had to change my work out from low rep/ high weight to high rep/ low weight because it was affecting my muscle endurance in the boxing/kickboxing.
Only thing now is my liver enzymes are still elevated and waiting/ hoping for them to come down by end of April or else i get a liver biopsy
now my overall diet is improving (no starches) and continue to hit the gym regularly switching weights, punching/kicking the bag and jogging with some sprint intervals
Look into Organ Shield. It's only around $17.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Waco
Posts: 222
will do, thanks
jfrog is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
GoT mIlK
 
lolo89cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CrEePiNg AlOnG iN fT wOrTh
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I like the way the NO explode works, only thing is after about a week I can't drink it. It makes me gag?? tried mixing in other drinks and it still does the same. doesn't really taste bad to me. I did much better with the Black Powder, worked good but not as good as the NO explode.
Ive been looking at trying the Syntha 6, heard nothing but good reviews. are you guys mixing it with water or milk? I use milk in my whey protein Im using now because it taste much better.
Ive been using N.O., cell mass , and syntha 6.. i mix all of them with water. Good stuff so far...

sLoW 5.0 waitin on parts...

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
lolo89cpe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome