quick question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

quick question

I broke my left arm in 5th grade and it seems to have made it harder for me to develop muscle in my left arm. Now I am right handed so I do most tasks with my right arm and stuff and to me it looks like my right arm from my forearm all the way to my bi, tris ect is larger and more define. Now when I work out I use the same amount of weight on both sides obviously and everything feels the same. I have the same amount of strength in both arms, so is there anyway for my left arm to catch up in mass or is it just always going to me smaller and less define?

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoLLoWkaTZ
Ok Popeye here's what you need to do......thats all I got.
Ok so your not helping the guy with your lame sense of humor. The only thing your helping is your post count which is pretty selfish!

What I would do is up your weight for your left arm and do smaller reps. Read up on how to build mass for your arms too and apply it only to your left arm.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Out

I had the same problem before I started regularly working out, but after 6 months, my other forearm (and other muscles) have caught up. Stay away from machine-type weights, even most bar lifts that require two hands. Things like benching with matching dumbells, etc.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
either quit jerking off so much, or switch it up and do "the stranger".
That can have potential damaging effects... don't ask how I know. Just maintain the status quo on that. No fucking with the routine on that shit.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
That can have potential damaging effects... don't ask how I know. Just maintain the status quo on that. No fucking with the routine on that shit.
Your "gf" hand got jealous too?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
tex
Lifer

If the strength is the same for now, then just keep working. Eventually it'll catch up, but don't expect the two to ever be identical, it's not possible.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Ok so your not helping the guy with your lame sense of humor. The only thing your helping is your post count which is pretty selfish!

What I would do is up your weight for your left arm and do smaller reps. Read up on how to build mass for your arms too and apply it only to your left arm.
I wouldn't say this is a good plan. You want to maintain symmetry so don't throw off your left/right strengths. This is actually a terrible idea as you will start to torque your body to force your stronger side to compensate for your weaker side.

You may never reach perfect symmetry of size, but I would say your best bet would be to put on more mass making the size difference less noticeable.

Keep in mind this may not be the answer as im no physician and know alot of guys that have never gotten perfect symmetry...but can tell you strengthening one side over the other is a bad idea.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I guess i'm jsut not going to worry about it. My strength is there I guess the if the size wants to catch up than it will. Doubt it will though it's been like 12 years. lol

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
I guess i'm jsut not going to worry about it. My strength is there I guess the if the size wants to catch up than it will. Doubt it will though it's been like 12 years. lol
There's a joke here somewhere but I can't quite place my finger on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement