Starting the Tri-Lean System (LONG POST) - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Starting the Tri-Lean System (LONG POST)

Thanks Greg,

I got a Tri-Lean kit from him today and plan on starting it on Monday. I will try to update this thread as I progress through the weeks with hopefully good results like most people that have started this system. I work out now a few times a week primarily to try to lose weight so mostly cardio and some light weight high reps lifting. And I know I can lose weight with that and I do but my problem is focus on eating LESS and better and the energy and will power to ALWAYS take my lazy ass to the gym.

I am hoping that this system will help with the areas I need with to get the weight off and keep it off because right now I am serioulsly overweight to a almost dangerous point.

Current:
26yr old
5'8"
240lbs
BF = 33-36%

Goal:
26yr old
6' (I WISH)
180lbs
BF = 15-19%

I am too self concious and embarassed to post pics of my fatass now but after I get down I will show what I started with and hopefully get down to.

If anyone has an adivce on a feasible workout plan that is fairly easy to follow to reach my goals any help would be appreciated as well as meal plans. I dont mean cut my caloric intake down to 1000 calories a day. And only eating 4oz of grilled chicken breast with 4oz of green steamed veggies that I have to have a digital food scale to be 100% accurate and water and that is all. Because I know I WILL FAIL.

Just somethings that I can easily be able to do and even some semi-healthy alternatives at restuarants including the DREADED FAST FOOD places. Instead of a double cheese burger with bacon get a salad from the same place. Ideas like that, that normal people can easily follow.

Sorry for the LONG post
red dragon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Loves the Haterz!!
 
stunter bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: royse city
Posts: 12,228
you dont have to go to the gym to get fit.
get yourself a set of nice free weights and a barbell and get after it.

Wake up and smell the Taco



Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I just crave meat...so any of those places is always good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch View Post
I never got the "talk" from either of my parents
stunter bob is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Yeah I know I can but I already have a membership to Life Time Fitness that for one my company pays for the membership and plus I can go Rock Climbing up there without having to try to convince any of my even lazier friend to go with me.
red dragon is offline  
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Nobody
 
SuperWho?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Castle Grayskull
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon
Thanks Greg,

I got a Tri-Lean kit from him today and plan on starting it on Monday. I will try to update this thread as I progress through the weeks with hopefully good results like most people that have started this system. I work out now a few times a week primarily to try to lose weight so mostly cardio and some light weight high reps lifting. And I know I can lose weight with that and I do but my problem is focus on eating LESS and better and the energy and will power to ALWAYS take my lazy ass to the gym.

I am hoping that this system will help with the areas I need with to get the weight off and keep it off because right now I am serioulsly overweight to a almost dangerous point.

Current:
26yr old
5'8"
240lbs
BF = 33-36%

Goal:
26yr old
6' (I WISH)
180lbs
BF = 15-19%

I am too self concious and embarassed to post pics of my fatass now but after I get down I will show what I started with and hopefully get down to.

If anyone has an adivce on a feasible workout plan that is fairly easy to follow to reach my goals any help would be appreciated as well as meal plans. I dont mean cut my caloric intake down to 1000 calories a day. And only eating 4oz of grilled chicken breast with 4oz of green steamed veggies that I have to have a digital food scale to be 100% accurate and water and that is all. Because I know I WILL FAIL.

Just somethings that I can easily be able to do and even some semi-healthy alternatives at restuarants including the DREADED FAST FOOD places. Instead of a double cheese burger with bacon get a salad from the same place. Ideas like that, that normal people can easily follow.

Sorry for the LONG post
sounds like you know what you need to do, there are a ton of different routines to get started almost all of which involve full body workouts with a day of rest between them for the first few weeks while your body gets adjusted. as for good healthy recipes and all the different approaches to getting started try this site. alot of guys on here know their stuff pretty well.

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
SuperWho? is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Good luck bro, nice meeting you. Let me know if you have any other ??'s

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I don't think the Tri-Lean system is going to make you grow 4 inches.

Good luck!
Skidmark is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I don't think the Tri-Lean system is going to make you grow 4 inches.

Good luck!
Damn you, dashing my dreams. lol

I will be happy if it helps me lose 4 inches off the gut.
red dragon is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Good luck bro, nice meeting you. Let me know if you have any other ??'s

Thank you sir, will do
red dragon is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon
Damn you, dashing my dreams. lol

I will be happy if it helps me lose 4 inches off the gut.
Alot of folks on here have had great luck with the system... it's proven.

I haven't tried the kit as a whole, but i've had the hyperdrive on many occasions. It will def curb your appetite. If you dropped the coin on the kit, eat healthier while on it and enjoy the benefits. Good luck and keep us posted!
Skidmark is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy
 
HECDOGGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: S A C H S E
Posts: 3,454
Good luck man.... I took one part and it worked
HECDOGGIE is offline  
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,023
You seem to have a decent working plan but 1000 calories a day might be a tad low for you. Jump too low on that calorie intake and your body will enter starvation mode. Personally I would start no lower than 1500 cals/day and if you don't experience weight loss cut it down 200/cals a week to no less than 1000 cals a day. You're trying to lose weight here, not survive in the wilderness. I wish you the best of luck, sir.

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
elzoro is offline  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzoro
You seem to have a decent working plan but 1000 calories a day might be a tad low for you. Jump too low on that calorie intake and your body will enter starvation mode. Personally I would start no lower than 1500 cals/day and if you don't experience weight loss cut it down 200/cals a week to no less than 1000 cals a day. You're trying to lose weight here, not survive in the wilderness. I wish you the best of luck, sir.
Yeah I know, that is what I said in my first post. I appreciate the advise.

Thanks

Quote:
If anyone has an adivce on a feasible workout plan that is fairly easy to follow to reach my goals any help would be appreciated as well as meal plans. I dont mean cut my caloric intake down to 1000 calories a day. And only eating 4oz of grilled chicken breast with 4oz of green steamed veggies that I have to have a digital food scale to be 100% accurate and water and that is all. Because I know I WILL FAIL.
red dragon is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon
Yeah I know, that is what I said in my first post. I appreciate the advise.

Thanks
Haha my bad, I misread. Just do it one day at a time.

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
elzoro is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Lol no problem man. Taking it one day at a time is my plan. My problem is I find it hard to stick with things to continue the progress so I am hoping this kit will help with that.
I will keep this thread updated as I progress.
red dragon is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
parts pusher
 
Car-less Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: the fastest sn95 cobra in garland!!
Posts: 21,987
good luck..me and travis started yesterday..i weighed in at 284.6 and travis at 225..i wanna get down to 240 or better and travis wants 180..hopefully we can make this work..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
Car-less Chris is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Loves the Haterz!!
 
stunter bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: royse city
Posts: 12,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
good luck..me and travis started yesterday..i weighed in at 284.6 and travis at 225..i wanna get down to 240 or better and travis wants 180..hopefully we can make this work..
DAMN CHUNKY ASS!!

Wake up and smell the Taco



Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I just crave meat...so any of those places is always good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch View Post
I never got the "talk" from either of my parents
stunter bob is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
parts pusher
 
Car-less Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: the fastest sn95 cobra in garland!!
Posts: 21,987
shut up hoe..i aint chunky im fluffy..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
Car-less Chris is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Loves the Haterz!!
 
stunter bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: royse city
Posts: 12,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
shut up hoe..i aint chunky im fluffy..
pleasantly plump....

Wake up and smell the Taco



Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I just crave meat...so any of those places is always good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch View Post
I never got the "talk" from either of my parents
stunter bob is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:44 PM
parts pusher
 
Car-less Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: the fastest sn95 cobra in garland!!
Posts: 21,987
lol...aka thickwitit say it slow lol..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
Car-less Chris is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Loves the Haterz!!
 
stunter bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: royse city
Posts: 12,228
Rofl

Wake up and smell the Taco



Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I just crave meat...so any of those places is always good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch View Post
I never got the "talk" from either of my parents
stunter bob is offline  
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Not 100% sure what to make of the numbers but I started Monday at 240, This morning I was 233. I was thinking to begin with it was just water weight that I was losing but not sure. I have been drinking nothing but water and close to if not more than a gallon a day so I dont think It is just water weight. I did go from drinking almost as much Dr Pepper a day before this so I am sure that has been a big contributor to the weight lose.

I am happy to see the lower weight but I am not noticeable see/feeling the affects of the kit like pretty much everyone else has noted. I have no problem eating and feeling hungry maybe not starving but feeling like I at least should eat something. I also do not feel the buzz or whatever from the hyperdrive, once again noticeably.

I will keep updating this thread when I have worth while results to report.

That is is awesome carless let us know how it works for you and travis.
red dragon is offline  
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon
Not 100% sure what to make of the numbers but I started Monday at 240, This morning I was 233. I was thinking to begin with it was just water weight that I was losing but not sure. I have been drinking nothing but water and close to if not more than a gallon a day so I dont think It is just water weight. I did go from drinking almost as much Dr Pepper a day before this so I am sure that has been a big contributor to the weight lose.

I am happy to see the lower weight but I am not noticeable see/feeling the affects of the kit like pretty much everyone else has noted. I have no problem eating and feeling hungry maybe not starving but feeling like I at least should eat something. I also do not feel the buzz or whatever from the hyperdrive, once again noticeably.

I will keep updating this thread when I have worth while results to report.

That is is awesome carless let us know how it works for you and travis.
That's awsome bro, try one hyperdrive in the morning and one a noon.

On a side note the hyperdrive bottles as of Thursday are now stronger like the old version everyone liked. I wish they would have just left them alone.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Richardson
Posts: 750
Does trilean have any side effects? What I mean is I heard hydroxycut had issues where it would raise your core body temperature and cause you to sometimes shake.

SSlow01 spent $5000 to out run a stock cobra!

Got to love cobras:
CAI
magnaflow c/b
416/380
red04gt is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
parts pusher
 
Car-less Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: the fastest sn95 cobra in garland!!
Posts: 21,987
ive noticed a lil but not too much..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
Car-less Chris is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by red04gt
Does trilean have any side effects? What I mean is I heard hydroxycut had issues where it would raise your core body temperature and cause you to sometimes shake.
I noticed energy, and that's it.

No side effects for me, but i've heard others have.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by red04gt
Does trilean have any side effects? What I mean is I heard hydroxycut had issues where it would raise your core body temperature and cause you to sometimes shake.
I haven't noticed any of those side effects. But on the bottles it mentions Thermogenics which would have to do with your body temp. Which the warmer you are the more your body burns just doing nothing. So I am sure it is designed to raise your body temp some but with side effects I think It would more have to do with your current body mass and size because if you take the recommended dose of the pills for an avg male 5'8"-6'2" 180lbs-250lbs or so you shouldn't have any problems. But if you are say 5'2" and 140-160 you might be more susceptible to any potential side effects. A bunch of guys have mentioned giving some of these pills to their wives/girl friends and they are only like 5'2 120 or whatever (SMALL) and they feel the side effects alot more than someone that really should be taking this system.

Just don't take too much and start off slow with the Hyperdrive (which I think is the only one people have experienced any side effects with) by taking 1 pill a day when you wake up to see how you react to it. After a week or so of taking just 1 pill and no problems then take a 2nd one at lunch time and see how it works for you.
red dragon is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Richardson
Posts: 750
Sounds good I'm definitely not underweight 6'2 265

SSlow01 spent $5000 to out run a stock cobra!

Got to love cobras:
CAI
magnaflow c/b
416/380
red04gt is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
I started about 2 (maybe 2.5) weeks ago and am down ~8lbs thus far.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
parts pusher
 
Car-less Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: the fastest sn95 cobra in garland!!
Posts: 21,987
i weighed in a 286 last thursday and im at 278 already..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
Car-less Chris is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Loves the Haterz!!
 
stunter bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: royse city
Posts: 12,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
i weighed in a 286 last thursday and im at 278 already..
you were just full of shit....dont kid yourself.

Wake up and smell the Taco



Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I just crave meat...so any of those places is always good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch View Post
I never got the "talk" from either of my parents
stunter bob is offline  
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I've taken the hyperdrive, but not the leandreams.

Only side effect from the hyperdrive I had was that I had to pee a lot more.
Skidmark is offline  
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
parts pusher
 
Car-less Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: the fastest sn95 cobra in garland!!
Posts: 21,987
the lean dreams makes me sleepy as soon as i take it..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
Car-less Chris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome