DFW Mud run - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

DFW Mud run

Anyone going out there this year? Should be a good time.

02-z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:11 PM
SteadyRacing.Net

I'll be there. I'm looking to get there between 8 and 8:30 to set up our canopy, chairs, cooler, etc. Should be good time.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK306
I'll be there. I'm looking to get there between 8 and 8:30 to set up our canopy, chairs, cooler, etc. Should be good time.
Awesome. Best of luck. What category are you running in? My team was hoping to break the 1 hour mark this year, but a few people had to be substituted, so we are just doing the coed team for fun.

02-z28

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy

Details please
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECDOGGIE
Details please
http://www.mudrundfw.com/

One of the funniest runs you will ever do. Every year it gets better and better. Very well run. I have done it the last 4 times, and will continue to do it every year. Last year they did one in the spring also. Our run today went pretty well, we had one guy that had some troubles, but got him though the course.

02-z28
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
http://www.mudrundfw.com/

One of the funniest runs you will ever do. Every year it gets better and better. Very well run. I have done it the last 4 times, and will continue to do it every year. Last year they did one in the spring also. Our run today went pretty well, we had one guy that had some troubles, but got him though the course.

So its over? Tease us with the fun the day of..... WOW
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECDOGGIE
So its over? Tease us with the fun the day of..... WOW

Haha, yeah I guess so. Ill try and post up next year when the sign up starts.

02-z28
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
blank

We drop in the Leap Frogs for the Mud Run.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
SteadyRacing.Net

I was unable to give it my best effort due to some equipment failure. About 2.5-3 miles in to the race I lost the sole off of my right shoe. I guess cleats are not ideal for mud running. So I had to finish the las 3-3.5 miles of the race with my bare foot hanging out the bottom of my right shoe.

You would not believe how difficult it is to run that far while still tackling the obstacles with only one good shoe. I use the term good shoe loosely because it was about to let go as well but it did manage to stay in tact for the rest of the race. Regardless I finished the race.

I'll be better prepared for the spring race. I'll switch back to wearing combat boots rather than cleats.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK306
I was unable to give it my best effort due to some equipment failure. About 2.5-3 miles in to the race I lost the sole off of my right shoe. I guess cleats are not ideal for mud running. So I had to finish the las 3-3.5 miles of the race with my bare foot hanging out the bottom of my right shoe.

You would not believe how difficult it is to run that far while still tackling the obstacles with only one good shoe. I use the term good shoe loosely because it was about to let go as well but it did manage to stay in tact for the rest of the race. Regardless I finished the race.

I'll be better prepared for the spring race. I'll switch back to wearing combat boots rather than cleats.

Ah that sucks.. I got lucky this year and my Friend that normal does it with us, left a pair of his USMC issued boots at my house, for the first time doing this I did not get a single blister.

02-z28
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
SteadyRacing.Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
Ah that sucks.. I got lucky this year and my Friend that normal does it with us, left a pair of his USMC issued boots at my house, for the first time doing this I did not get a single blister.

Believe it or not I did not get one either despite running bare foot. I just knew I was going to end up with one, but somehow managed to luck out and not get any.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Lifer

damn, that shit looks like a blast Im gonna hve to check it out next year.

93 coupe 351/t56

In the words of President Teddy Roosevelt, " We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

ive never been good at keeping directions i believe schedules are one of lifes worst infections

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE THE PATRON STATE OF SHOOTIN STUFF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement