Workout 1 with the bowflex. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Workout 1 with the bowflex.

So I found a used bowflex for $100 on craigslist. Well, I used it for the first time today and I say that I really like the "feel" of the machine. The resistance is smooth and can feel the burn in my chest and arms right now about an hour after I got done. I only spent about 30 minutes on it. Got in 30 reps on bench, 30 incline, both at the full 210lbs, and 120 reps on a couple different curl excercises. I haven't worked out in a while so I kept it easy.

One thing I'm disappointed with. That 210lbs is bullshit. Feels more like 140-150lbs. Easy fix, I can buy more power rods. Maybe I can max the 410lbs. I could only do 255lbs on freeweights.

That's really my only complaint. It's on older machine, so maybe the rods are a little worn, plus the bench is kinda a bitch, but I'm not real picky. I'm gonna keep using it for a while and if I like what I see maybe I'll go try a new one and fincance one.

I freaking hate going to the gym so I thought I'd give this a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Large Member

That's a good deal, sounds like it's working for you.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Time Served

You suck i have been looking for one but none at that price

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:19 PM
not exclude

Glad to hear its working for you. I couldn't stand the bowflex when I worked out on it. Maybe its cuz this one was a little older, but the resistance was not consistent at all.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Lifer

wow you could have bought a membership for 3 months with that. bowflex = junk but its better than nothing. That guy on the info mercial didnt get like that on a damn bowflex

98 Brokra
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
wow you could have bought a membership for 3 months with that. bowflex = junk but its better than nothing. That guy on the info mercial didnt get like that on a damn bowflex
I actually just got rid of my 24 hour membership a week ago at $38 a month. I honestly hated going to the gym. The assholes that sit on the same piece of equipment for 30 minutes was what killed it for me. Yeah, I'll sacrifice a 3 month membership for a piece of equipment that I own.

It's not like I've never worked out. I just stopped b/c I hated the gym so much. I was actually in great shaped when I quit going. Now I have no excuse not to spend at least 30 minutes or so working out.

The resistance isn't cracked up to what it's supposed to be, but it reminds me of using dumbbells and those were my favorite workouts. I'm gonna keep some of my freeweights to work out my legs. I just have to go to San Marcos to get them.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Lifer

Love my bowflex. Best results i've ever had. Gyms blah blah blah whatever, I got bigger, and stronger than I ever had using a bowflex.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
Love my bowflex. Best results i've ever had. Gyms blah blah blah whatever, I got bigger, and stronger than I ever had using a bowflex.

lol, you should do a commercial. Did you put strong and bowflex in the same sentence?

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I actually just got rid of my 24 hour membership a week ago at $38 a month. I honestly hated going to the gym. The assholes that sit on the same piece of equipment for 30 minutes was what killed it for me. Yeah, I'll sacrifice a 3 month membership for a piece of equipment that I own.

It's not like I've never worked out. I just stopped b/c I hated the gym so much. I was actually in great shaped when I quit going. Now I have no excuse not to spend at least 30 minutes or so working out.

The resistance isn't cracked up to what it's supposed to be, but it reminds me of using dumbbells and those were my favorite workouts. I'm gonna keep some of my freeweights to work out my legs. I just have to go to San Marcos to get them.
I still think the gym has alot more to offer. Hell i sit on the machines too to rest if somebody wants to use it all they have to do is ask to do a set. I avoid going at peak times so i can do my routine without being bothered.

98 Brokra
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
I still think the gym has alot more to offer. Hell i sit on the machines too to rest if somebody wants to use it all they have to do is ask to do a set. I avoid going at peak times so i can do my routine without being bothered.
I'm just gonna get all of my freeweights from my buddy that I let use them, and sell the bowflex. I got it for $100...I figure I can probably make a little profit off of it. I'm still sore from using it monday, so it definately works, but the range of motion just isn't there. I used to have a total gym that I bought new for $150, and that thing was 10x better than this is.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 PM
not exclude

I hear you on the range of motion. That was my biggest problem with it. The start of a rep would be really easy, it'd get more difficult through the middle, then really easy at the finish. Never got used to it.

I won't say that the Bowflex is a waste of time as you can still get a decent work out on it. However, it won't increase your practical strength as much as free weights and it won't do it as quickly either. It's a good space saver, but I'd rather work out by other means.

But I also don't think that sitting in a gym 2 hours a day, doing the typical routines, is a good way to increase fitness either.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Time Served

yea " your 40 , best shape of your life, and your in a rock band ".....

97 GT ICEMAN C/A , ART CARR TRAN W/STALL , DEMON EC, 31 SPLINE REAR W/4:10'S , UNDERDRIVES & WHOLE LOT " HERE WE GO"

92 EAGLE TALON 2.0 AWD 5spd ,16G TURBO, 100 SHOT SPRAY.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Lifer

Dang! I should use mine. It sits and collects dust in our spare bedroom. I suck.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Packin' up...

Is this the commercial where he says, "I gave all my fat clothes to my fat friends."

Cause I lol at that one!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Hero in a half shell

Thumbs down

Bowflex is all infomercial crap

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 AM
The Franchise

Thumbs up

use the total gym 1000. thats how i get swole
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKMAN
yea " your 40 , best shape of your life, and your in a rock band ".....
Don't forget to mention 'living the dream' about sixteen hundred times.

DFWMustangs.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement