what can i do - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

what can i do

to get rid of my gut. i hate having one and don't know the best exercise to go about loosing it.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Lifer

Eating right and running/cardio.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Eating right and running/cardio.

i got this gut from drinking, now i don't drink hardly at all. i have changed the way i eat atleast a year ago and it hasn't changed anything yet. there is no way i can go running, walking maybe. i was hoping for something i could do at home. i don't have alot of room though.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Lifer

Based on your post you sound like you could stand to eat better still. How much water are you drinking? Walking is a start, jumping jacks, swimming, anything is better than nothing. Try walking a mile a day..it's not that far for a walk and would take under 30 minutes even for someone just starting..
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Based on your post you sound like you could stand to eat better still. How much water are you drinking? Walking is a start, jumping jacks, swimming, anything is better than nothing. Try walking a mile a day..it's not that far for a walk and would take under 30 minutes even for someone just starting..

yeah, im sure i could eat better still. i stopped eating out much cuz i couldn't afford, but the last couple weeks, thats all i have been doing. i did cut back on the amount i eat. i drink alot of water, prolly 4-6 20oz bottles a day, i was drinking nothing but water or tea. i quit sodas all together for about a year or more. way i can do swimming, it's starting to get cold out here. i have been thinking about the jumping jacks and some sit-ups/push-ups.

what got me thinking about this is before i moved i was weighing about 265ish. well, last weekend we went to the Air and Space Museum in D.C. and i got on the scales that tell you your weight on earth, the moon and mars. it showed me to weigh in at 235.5 on earth. i can't imagine i have lost 30lbs, atleast i dont' think i have. i have noticed that i have to sinch my belt a loop tighter.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Very Interesting

eat more, not less

5-6 meals a day, low saturated fat, high protein, good carbs like whole wheat. 300-400 calories per meal. Use shakes as meal replacements.

I lost 25 pounds in 2 months doing this, lifting weights 2-3 days a week, cardio (1-2 miles walking on a treadmill), 2-3 days a week. and only drinking 2 days a week.

Oh and using Tri-Lean

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
eat more, not less

5-6 meals a day, low saturated fat, high protein, good carbs like whole wheat. 300-400 calories per meal. Use shakes as meal replacements.

I lost 25 pounds in 2 months doing this, lifting weights 2-3 days a week, cardio (1-2 miles walking on a treadmill), 2-3 days a week. and only drinking 2 days a week.

Oh and using Tri-Lean

i haven't the first clue how to count carbs and stuff. i had a tredmill for awhile and it killed my knees, i would walk for 30-1 hour a day. im not really eating less, just less portions. where im at, i don't have a oven or anything like that to cook, i do have a fridge though

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon
i haven't the first clue how to count carbs and stuff. i had a tredmill for awhile and it killed my knees, i would walk for 30-1 hour a day. im not really eating less, just less portions. where im at, i don't have a oven or anything like that to cook, i do have a fridge though
The "it killed my knees" is an excuse. Get better shoes.

i weighed 315 when I started walking on the treadmill, so I made all those excuses too.

eating better is easy, counting calories is your main concern, but watching for saturated fats, and choosing complex carbs is good too.

Do some research. What's a normal day's worth of food for you? Everything you'd eat or drink?

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Lifer

To be honest, you're just making too many excuses already. The easiest way to do something is to want to and to start doing it.

Like Matt said, look at what you eat now and them make adjustments from there. Eat 4-5 meals in smaller portions and with better ingredients. That paired with simply walking or something like that consistently will give you some good results pretty quickly.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Rookie

It's not going to be easy or everyone would look like Pitt in Troy.
It takes work, supps can help but you must put in work to get a flat stomach period.
I'd suggest you find a gym that's close by and make it a routine going to it.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
to get rid of my gut. i hate having one and don't know the best exercise to go about loosing it.
anything that pertains to excercise. If you just walk 3 miles a day 5 days a week thats 45 miles a month and a bunch of burned calories. Cut back on what you eat no sugar no cokes cut back on eating bread and if you have to eat bread eat wheat. It really boils down to disciplining yourself give yourself atleast 5-6 hours a week to work on your body whether it be walking lifting weights whatever just excercise after a few weeks you will get a routine going and it will become easier once you begin to progress.

98 Brokra
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
i got this gut from drinking, now i don't drink hardly at all. i have changed the way i eat atleast a year ago and it hasn't changed anything yet. there is no way i can go running, walking maybe. i was hoping for something i could do at home. i don't have alot of room though.
you should get a gym membership. Its hard to discipline yourself at home because it has everything there to keep you from working out and its easier to get sidetracked.

98 Brokra
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
The "it killed my knees" is an excuse. Get better shoes.

i weighed 315 when I started walking on the treadmill, so I made all those excuses too.

eating better is easy, counting calories is your main concern, but watching for saturated fats, and choosing complex carbs is good too.

Do some research. What's a normal day's worth of food for you? Everything you'd eat or drink?

im not making excuses, it hurt my knees, but i did it anyway. i have no clue how to cook, honestly, i haven't the first clue of how to count calaries. i have thought about looking into a gym.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
i have changed the way i eat atleast a year ago and it hasn't changed anything yet.
Just because you changed the way you eat doesn't mean you're eating right Do some reading in the losing fat and nutrition sections on http://forum.bodybuilding.com/
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Very Interesting

again, describe a normal days food intake

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Lifer

Doing anything is better than doing nothing. Stop making excuses and being lazy.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
again, describe a normal days food intake
well, since my move i haven't eating right, just trying to keep it to a minimum. normally, i don't eat breakfast, i have a lean pocket for lunch and some chips and a sandwich or hot dog for dinner. i usually go to bed feeling hungry.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Rookie

Quote:
well, since my move i haven't eating right, just trying to keep it to a minimum. normally, i don't eat breakfast, i have a lean pocket for lunch and some chips and a sandwich or hot dog for dinner. i usually go to bed feeling hungry.
Damn, you have to be sneaking some some food in somewhere. That's not enough to support 235lbs. haha

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
you're eating so little that your body's metabolism is shutting down. If any meal you should be eating it's breakfast. You should try to get in 4-5 small meals a day

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Damn, you have to be sneaking some some food in somewhere. That's not enough to support 235lbs. haha
not sneaking anything. i got me a scale today and fully clothed i weigh in at 278. i get different weight from different scales, i don't know what to believe. granted, the 235 is lowest ever.

i just don't know what i can do to have 4-5 meals a day. i don't think i look 278lbs, but them again, it's all in my gut.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
you're eating so little that your body's metabolism is shutting down. If any meal you should be eating it's breakfast. You should try to get in 4-5 small meals a day

i just realized that that makes it sound like not much. for lunch i have 2 lean pockets and a .99 bag of chips(don't eat the whole bad in one sitting), and at dinner i have 2 ham/cheese/bread sandwiches or 2 hotdog/cheese/bread and a hand full of chips.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Large Member

Quote:
i just realized that that makes it sound like not much. for lunch i have 2 lean pockets and a .99 bag of chips(don't eat the whole bad in one sitting), and at dinner i have 2 ham/cheese/bread sandwiches or 2 hotdog/cheese/bread and a hand full of chips.
Seriously my 11 month old son eats more than you. You aren't eating nearly enough. Do you live in a tent or something? Why can't you cook food?

Like already said, your metabolism is at a crawl. You need to eat breakfast. You need to eat more meals, and most of all you need to quit making excuses.

I mean honestly, how much weight do you think you can lose doing zero exercise while eating hot dogs and hot pockets every day???
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Commercial Flooring Guy

IF you dont move your feet, then you dont eat... YOu dont grind, you dont shine. NO if , ands or buts... bottom line.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith
Seriously my 11 month old son eats more than you. You aren't eating nearly enough. Do you live in a tent or something? Why can't you cook food?

Like already said, your metabolism is at a crawl. You need to eat breakfast. You need to eat more meals, and most of all you need to quit making excuses.

I mean honestly, how much weight do you think you can lose doing zero exercise while eating hot dogs and hot pockets every day???

i know i wont' loose any weight not doing any exercises, thats why im asking they best way for me to go about it. i really don't see me making excuses, i just have no clue about excersing or watching what i eat.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Large Member

Quote:
i know i wont' loose any weight not doing any exercises, thats why im asking they best way for me to go about it. i really don't see me making excuses, i just have no clue about excersing or watching what i eat.
Start off walking. You really do need to eat more to make it happenthough. Try eating turkey and wheat sandwiches, tuna, chicken, eat something for breakfast, maybe some protein shakes or meal replacement shakes. You should get at least 5 meals a day.

Do you have an injury or just bad knees? Can you ride a bike?
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Start off walking. You really do need to eat more to make it happenthough. Try eating turkey and wheat sandwiches, tuna, chicken, eat something for breakfast, maybe some protein shakes or meal replacement shakes. You should get at least 5 meals a day.

Do you have an injury or just bad knees? Can you ride a bike?

no injury, bad knees, yes i can ride a bike. honestly, i have no place to put a bike. im renting the lower level of someones townhouse. i haven't much space(one room really) and no kitchen(why i can't cook anything)

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Large Member

Quote:
no injury, bad knees, yes i can ride a bike. honestly, i have no place to put a bike. im renting the lower level of someones townhouse. i haven't much space(one room really) and no kitchen(why i can't cook anything)
So no frige, no stove, no room??? Sounds like a tough situation.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
So no frige, no stove, no room??? Sounds like a tough situation.

i have a fridge that is in the garage and a microwave, thats it

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Large Member

Quote:
i have a fridge that is in the garage and a microwave, thats it

Would they let you use their kitchen to cook a few meals?

As long as you have a fridge you have something to work with. Even eating some cereal for breakfast is better than nothing, just don't eat half a box of Lucky Charms. I usually cook a bunch of chicken on the weekends and put in some tupperware in the fridge.

Would they not let you keep a bike in the garage?
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Would they let you use their kitchen to cook a few meals?

As long as you have a fridge you have something to work with. Even eating some cereal for breakfast is better than nothing, just don't eat half a box of Lucky Charms. I usually cook a bunch of chicken on the weekends and put in some tupperware in the fridge.

Would they not let you keep a bike in the garage?
it's not a full garage, just enough room for 1 car, if there was room, yes the would. i honestly haven't the first clue of how to cook. before i was married, i could cook macaroni and cheese and hamburger helper and thats it. i would eat out alot. no one ever really showed me how to cook. my wife did leave me directions one night on how to cook chicken fried steak and i really fucked that up, burned the shit outta my self.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Large Member

Quote:
it's not a full garage, just enough room for 1 car, if there was room, yes the would. i honestly haven't the first clue of how to cook. before i was married, i could cook macaroni and cheese and hamburger helper and thats it. i would eat out alot. no one ever really showed me how to cook. my wife did leave me directions one night on how to cook chicken fried steak and i really fucked that up, burned the shit outta my self.
http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...emNumber=58336

These are good for storing a bicycle.

You need to get a George Foreman grill and cook up some chicken, it's really easy. If not you can still eat out and make healthier choices. Do some research online. You can find lots of info on eating better, excercising, and cooking.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...emNumber=58336

These are good for storing a bicycle.

You need to get a George Foreman grill and cook up some chicken, it's really easy. If not you can still eat out and make healthier choices. Do some research online. You can find lots of info on eating better, excercising, and cooking.

that GF style grill is actually a good idea. you can't really mess that up, right?

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Large Member

Quote:
that GF style grill is actually a good idea. you can't really mess that up, right?

Yeah, pretty easy. You can cook all kinds of stuff on it too.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, pretty easy. You can cook all kinds of stuff on it too.

back home we had a cheap knock off GF grill and i loved the grilled chicken on that thing

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Large Member

Quote:
back home we had a cheap knock off GF grill and i loved the grilled chicken on that thing
Well there you go... Cook up some lean burgers, or turkey burgers too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement