losing weight w/o cardio - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Taliban can SUCK IT!

losing weight w/o cardio

whats the best work out to work off a gut that doesn't involve a lot of cardio? I'm tired of being over weight but I've got asthma and cardio is one of my bigger triggers, which really sucks. I've started eating better but i don't think it will make much of a difference if i don't start working out too.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Time Served

Eating is most of it, but try doing some high rep weight training.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Lifer

Diet, intensity, and dedication(to go often) are the keys.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Large Member

Diet is the most important thing for sure. Take less time in between your sets to keep your heartrate up and like already said, intensity!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 06:23 AM
mannish boy

if you adjust your diet properly, you WILL lose weight without changing anything else... now, it will take considerably longer to lose the weight if you aren't adding excercise also, but diet is key
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 06:36 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Eliminate all sugar and most saturated fats and carbohydrates and the pounds will come off. Just make sure to take a day out to treat yourself once a week so you don't go insane.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Large Member

Don't listen to everything you hear either. Do some research.

Is your asthma that bad where you can't do some low intenstiy cardio like riding a bike or jogging?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Out

Purge
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Very Interesting

can you not walk on a treadmill? your cardio doesn't have to be high heart rate to be effective.

You can walk the same distance, and burn the same calories, just going to take you longer to do it.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

For 7 days straight, eat a tuna sandwich or 2 instead of what you normally eat for either lunch or dinner. Do not eat any fried foods or drink any alcohol, sugared soft drinks, or candy for that 7 days as well. Ledt us know the results.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Lifer

sounds like an excuse! Any kind of cardio is fine just do something. You dont have to sprint like your running a marathon just walk on it a few miles a day everyday.Every little bit adds up to alot when you do it on a daily basis. You didnt get that way overnight and you wont lose it overnight.

98 Brokra
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
sounds like an excuse! Any kind of cardio is fine just do something. You dont have to sprint like your running a marathon just walk on it a few miles a day everyday.Every little bit adds up to alot when you do it on a daily basis. You didnt get that way overnight and you wont lose it overnight.
I know i wont lose it over night, i gained it over a year of siting on my ass driving over the road. and i already do about 3-4 miles of walking a day at work, i just seem to have hit a wall after i lost the first 25lbs. but still want to lose another 35-40 to get back to where i was. I'll try the weight training and see how much that helps. i think if i get back in better shape i can start doing some cardio, it didn't use to bother me near as bad as it does now. I think I'm just in that bad of shape

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Cardio is a huge help. Luckily for me, my asthma doesn't prevent me from doing cardio. It makes cardio tough as shit and it prevents me from getting any faster (been running a 24 minute 3 mile for 6 months now), but I can still handle it.

If you can't handle the breathing requirements of jogging, try walking and bike riding. Low impact and easy to do, but they get the heart rate up.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Cardio is a huge help. Luckily for me, my asthma doesn't prevent me from doing cardio. It makes cardio tough as shit and it prevents me from getting any faster (been running a 24 minute 3 mile for 6 months now), but I can still handle it.

If you can't handle the breathing requirements of jogging, try walking and bike riding. Low impact and easy to do, but they get the heart rate up.
hmmm i do have a BMX bike in my storage unit. guess i could give that a try too

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Lifer

Saying that you're going to get in shape before you do cardio is stupid. Start slow, push yourself a little more each day and see where it gets you. You know where sitting on your ass gets you, so change that.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 AM
wishin i had a fast car

Walk at about a 3.5 mile an hour pace. that will burn about 300 calories, do that 7 days a week and that is 2100 calories. you will lose weight, it will take longer but it will work.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke
I know i wont lose it over night, i gained it over a year of siting on my ass driving over the road. and i already do about 3-4 miles of walking a day at work, i just seem to have hit a wall after i lost the first 25lbs. but still want to lose another 35-40 to get back to where i was. I'll try the weight training and see how much that helps. i think if i get back in better shape i can start doing some cardio, it didn't use to bother me near as bad as it does now. I think I'm just in that bad of shape
I have a walk to run program I used for people in the military to rehab them. It will start you at walking and in the end have it where you can run 2 miles with ease. Most people are so out of shape they confuse this with asthma, or since they are so out of shape asthma effects this. Many, Many world champion sprinters have had asthma, I compete in USA track & field and have asthma as well, if you would like me to post that walk to run program for you I will.

PS. Weight training isn't going to make a difference if there is still fat on top of the muscles. Kinda like doing crunches when you have a belly, sure it will get hard but it isn't going anywhere.

"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?""
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke
I hear ya i had to quit driving too much sitting without excercise i felt like shit and was always tired. Just get in the gym and watch tv and do some cardio. Cut back on your carbs eat a lot of steak chicken fish salads soup fruits vegetables etc. Once you get into the routine it gets easier. Dont forget to cheat once a week to keep your sanity

98 Brokra
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Resident Misanthrope

Location: I am sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone that gives a Fuck!
dude, if your asthma is really that bad, you need to go to the doctor and get some other/additional medication. I have had athletically induced asthma since I was a toddler and it never slowed me down. I even played football with an inhaler tucked in my sock. I finally got on some Advair 250/50 and I went from going through an inhaler a month, to an inhaler a year....and I go to the gym 4 days a week.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet
For 7 days straight, eat a tuna sandwich or 2 instead of what you normally eat for either lunch or dinner. Do not eat any fried foods or drink any alcohol, sugared soft drinks, or candy for that 7 days as well. Ledt us know the results.
bleh, I've drank my way to my weight loss, it sure isn't the fastest way, but it's still possible.

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDIDurGF04
PS. Weight training isn't going to make a difference if there is still fat on top of the muscles. Kinda like doing crunches when you have a belly, sure it will get hard but it isn't going anywhere.
wow, what an ignorant statement. While cardio will speed things along, saying weight training won't make much a difference is absurd.

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 AM
In the Batter's Box

Quote:
so what will this really do??
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 03:56 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
wow, what an ignorant statement. While cardio will speed things along, saying weight training won't make much a difference is absurd.
ya when i was in school i was at about 245lbs and i was lifting weght every day after school and during athletics i wasnt eating very healthy either so i could have wieghed less.when i stopped i gained about 40-45lbs and im back down to 255 and still losing weight just by changing my eating habbits.when i get a job im going to start going to the gym.but thats after i get my ged witch will be in a month or two.

1989 mark vii lsc,5.0 ho,aod,8.8 w/3.27 gears and open diff 21/4" catback wth 16" mufflers and dumps
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrm10SPkZ28
less calories + excercise= no more fatty

98 Brokra
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
I did this for 4 months, I only ate tuna, egg whites, and a little bit of pickles mixed together and in a sandwich. I ate this every single day, followed by running in the evenings once or twice a week. Lossed about 70 lbs in 6 months.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrm10SPkZ28
It will lean you out and you still get plenty of low fat protein.

On 10/19 I stopped eating tuna once a day and started eating fried foods again and I weighed 164 then , As of right now I weigh 179.8. They key to losing weight is to get your fat intake down or run your ass off.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
It will lean you out and you still get plenty of low fat protein.

On 10/19 I stopped eating tuna once a day and started eating fried foods again and I weighed 164 then , As of right now I weigh 179.8. They key to losing weight is to get your fat intake down or run your ass off.
no the key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you take in

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDIDurGF04

That's great. I'm pretty sure that for every lb of lean muscle mass gained you increase your metabolism by a certain rate. But stubborn belly fat is almost always diet related. If I fall off the wagon for even a few days, I can see it come back.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
no the key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you take in

I agree ,but your quest will be much easier if you reduce the fat intake. You will see much better and faster results eating 2000 calories with 20 grams of daily fat intake versus 2000 calories and 80 grams of fat intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement