Anyone ever done?!?! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Lightbulb Anyone ever done?!?!

Anyone ever done a off season pro football work out program. I have one that I am going to give a try out for a few months and it seems pretty good. Just wondering if any of you guys have done any? It is a Mon Weds/Upper body ---Tues Thurs/ Lower body split. All the main lifts are done 2-3 sets of 6-10 and there are about 20 different excercies per day and each of those are done 1 set for 6-10. I have actually done a few things that are similar and have seen good results. Post up what yours was like. Thanks.

Here is upper body to give you an idea

Standing shoulder shrug 1set of 6-10
Incline bench(M)/ Flat bench (W) 3 sets 10 8 6
Close grip pull up - to failure
Machine pullover-1set 6-10
Flat Dumbell (M)/ Incline DB (W) 2 sets 6-10
Dumbbell Lateral raise (M)/ Front Raise (W) 1 set 6-10
Seated Cable row 1set 6-10
Seated cable scapular retraction 1/6-10
Flat(M)/ Incline (W) Machine chest press 1 set 6-10
Lat pull 1set 6-10
Machine overhead press 1set 6-10
Machine row 1set 6-10
Machine flye(M)/ Lateral (W) 1 set 6-10
Machine reverse flye 1set 6-10
External(M)/Internal(w) rotation
Triceps press down
Cable curl
hand gripper
Wrist flexion(M)/extension(W)
all not marked are 1 set 6-10reps

this is the bare minimum and additional exercises for arms and core are done depending on the person.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Rookie

nope, 1 set of each?

Good luck.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 11:47 PM

that might be good for a couple of weeks, but any longer and i would think the results would be very limited.

as for a pro workout, you need to check whatever darren mcfadden did over his offseason. 15lbs of muscle in 6 weeks cant be too bad. although im sure most of it was his diet.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 AM
DFWS

i would need a hot tub for that workout regiment!!!

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Rookie

You'd have to brake into the pharmacy for 15lbs of muscle in 6 weeks. Even then it'd be very hard for all muscle 15lbs. haha

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Baller

I wouldn't think just 1 day is enough to allow your muscles to adequately recover when doing similar workouts on monday and wednesday. But then again maybe it's to condition their bodies for the season?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

This is the workout that Adrain Peterson does from the Vikings, It says he adds in more arms and core to his liking. It seems the combos that are thrown in there would be very effective. I did something like this when I was about 19-20 so about 4-5 years ago and got very very lean and kept most of my mass. I only did the workouts on T TH and incorporated legs on T TH. If you see the leg side of the workout it looks like it is going to hurt. I will probably throw in some plyo's and speed and agility in there somewhere. Right now I am roughly 220 and would like to get down to about 205 or so shredded.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
This is the workout that Adrain Peterson does from the Vikings, It says he adds in more arms and core to his liking. It seems the combos that are thrown in there would be very effective. I did something like this when I was about 19-20 so about 4-5 years ago and got very very lean and kept most of my mass. I only did the workouts on T TH and incorporated legs on T TH. If you see the leg side of the workout it looks like it is going to hurt. I will probably throw in some plyo's and speed and agility in there somewhere. Right now I am roughly 220 and would like to get down to about 205 or so shredded.
where did you find this workout? was it in muscle and fitness or something?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

yea it was...but I do have one straight from the 49ers and have quite a few from colleges of kids I train. They all are very specific these days. I will give it a shot, I change my workouts all the time so it is nothing new.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

here is what the strength condition coach says for vikings

"Instead of doing a lot of multiple sets - like three sets of every exercise - we might instead do three sets of dumbbell flat-bench presses, then do two sets of incline presses and then throw in one set of dumbbell front raises. Because number one, it's more variety - you're covering the bases more thoroughly by mixing up the angles. But it also keeps us moving. Instead of having 30 guys in the weight room, all spending 45 minutes on the dumbbells, we keep it moving. There's also a push-pull concept going on in our workouts - bench press followed by chin-ups, or dumbbell presses and lateral raises followed by seated cable rows."

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Did the workout and it is actually pretty high intensity . I picked weights that I could get about 7 times for a max and went slowly down and exploded up. Used some muscles I didn't know I had. It keeps your heart rate way up. I took 1 minute between exercises and at the end did some core work. Overall I like it but will give it a while to see what happens. Speed and agility is tonight at my facility.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement