What protein gave you good results - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

What protein gave you good results

I'm not looking for what you think the best tasting is, what you think is the best one on the market. I know it's different for everyone, so I want to know what protein gave you the best results.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Lifer

The one that you actually use.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
The one that you actually use.
Thank you Adam, now we know you have to be using on to have results. Since we were confused and have that out of the way...

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Thank you Adam, now we know you have to be using on to have results. Since we were confused and have that out of the way...
The one that tastes the best is the one that people actually drink, which is obviously the one that helps the most. I use a lot of Optimum Nutrition, which tastes good and seems to be of good quality.

Protein is a lot like water. Unless you're not getting enough of it, you're probably not going to notice anything. Although a couple of the kinds I have tried seemed to make some raunchy farts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
The one that tastes the best is the one that people actually drink, which is obviously the one that helps the most. I use a lot of Optimum Nutrition, which tastes good and seems to be of good quality.

Protein is a lot like water. Unless you're not getting enough of it, you're probably not going to notice anything. Although a couple of the kinds I have tried seemed to make some raunchy farts.
One of my co-workers swears by that Gold 100% Whey and said he had better results with that then the Syntha6.

Adam how long does a jug last you?

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Lifer

Consider that I'm 275lbs so my protein intake is MUCH higher than yours. One seems to last me about a month for a 5lb container.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Lifer

Muscle Milk for the win. When i was actually taking my protein shake twice a day every day for a month i noticed gains, sure. I havent taken any other protein supplements long enough to compare it to but ive tried 5-6 protein supplements and none compare to Muscle Milk. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Rookie

Syntha-6 for me. It's a plus that it taste so damn good and the price is right.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Optimum Nutrition, Vitamin Shoppe Whey Tech Pro 24, GNC 24-hour protein and Vitamin Shoppe Pro Pudding which is a casein protein. The biggest boost I got was a scoop of 24-hour and a scoop of Pro Pudding right before bed. Tried others that were probably as good but tasted like dog dodo. Some of the above brands also have flavors that taste like dog dodo.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Factory Issue

I like Spiru-tein a lot, and it has a multi-vitamin mixed in. I work out at the end of the day, and I have it and a cup of fat free milk (I buy a variety that has double whey protein in it, as well), and a cup of fat free cottage cheese. It's a good meal replacement, and with 50g of protein, no fat, and very few carbs, I sleep hard as hell. I wake up starving as hell, though.

Give me a dollar.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Out

My only experience is with BSN True Mass. I've just started my second tub (been about a month). I was working haevy for about three months with little growth and no definition. I've pretty much kept the same routine and my size has increased just in the last month and definition is very noticeable. I've tried some other shakes and they're just nasty. I can't choke most down, so I never use them. This stuff actually tastes great and little viscosity. It blends well with the water with just shaking it.

I have some individual packets of Meso-Tech, so I tried one. That's about the nastiest tasing shit EVER! Lining up the nutrition facts along side the True Mass, there's no comparison either. I guess they must serve different purposes because the True Mass seems to have everything the Meso-Tech does, just in greater percentages and more.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Out

Forgot to add... I take two scoops in about 12 oz of water between break fast and lunch, then again between lunch and dinner. I take one scoop of BSN NO Explode in about 12 oz of water before workouts. Finally, one scoop of BSN Cell Mass in about 6 oz of water after a work-out, before bed. I really don't see much with the NO Explode, but the Ture Mass and Cell Mass seem to be making a difference. I recover from the night before a lot quicker, which is saying a lot for an old guy like me.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Syntha-6 for me. It's a plus that it taste so damn good and the price is right.
Strawberry FTW!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement