multi vitamin question - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
multi vitamin question

i bought costco brand multi vitamins. then i got to thinking, does the brand matter? is one better than the other? Trying to get into shape, and just feel better in general, so sorry for all the rookie questions lol

Pro88LX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I'd like to know about this also. I've never really taken multi-vitamins, but my mom is always nagging at me to.
Skidmark is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
GoT mIlK
 
lolo89cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CrEePiNg AlOnG iN fT wOrTh
Posts: 1,328
GRAY HORSE knows all... lol

sLoW 5.0 waitin on parts...

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
lolo89cpe is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I'd like to know about this also. I've never really taken multi-vitamins, but my mom is always nagging at me to.
costco has thier brand 500 pack for like 11 bucks....dont know if you have a costco card, but they have ALOT of health food and vitamins there for good prices.

Pro88LX is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Lifer
 
greenrebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: DFW
Posts: 4,291
I think some of the others may be able to give better details.

Normally something like multi-vitamin brands are similar, but definitely large differences can be seen when comparing cheaper brands to the better brands. This has to do with how your body intakes each of the ingredients. Brands will use different salts or pro-vitamins, your body uptakes each differently, ie. your body may have to expend more energy to use a certain salt than another, or at a certain concentration your body may just flat out not uptake anymore.

I'm not going to go find the science articles, but I'm sure you can find them with google
greenrebel is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
I think some of the others may be able to give better details.

Normally something like multi-vitamin brands are similar, but definitely large differences can be seen when comparing cheaper brands to the better brands. This has to do with how your body intakes each of the ingredients. Brands will use different salts or pro-vitamins, your body uptakes each differently, ie. your body may have to expend more energy to use a certain salt than another, or at a certain concentration your body may just flat out not uptake anymore.

I'm not going to go find the science articles, but I'm sure you can find them with google
either way, i would think im better off taking the costco ones than nothing, no?

Pro88LX is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX
costco has thier brand 500 pack for like 11 bucks....dont know if you have a costco card, but they have ALOT of health food and vitamins there for good prices.
Nope, don't have a costco card... those stores are the devil to me. I want to buy everything
Skidmark is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Grapevine Ford
 
SALEEN449's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Grapevine Ford
Posts: 2,907
I use Orange Triad from Lockout.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
SALEEN449 is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Nope, don't have a costco card... those stores are the devil to me. I want to buy everything
well if you need to get anything from there let me know, ill let you use mine.

Pro88LX is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
I use Orange Triad from Lockout.
how you like it?

Pro88LX is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
It depends on your goals really.

For the most part they are all the same, however some are made for normal everyday living, some for women, and others are made for bodybuilding and so on...

I also use Orange Triad. It's geared for lifters though because it has a lot of other things besides vitamans which also means it comes with a little higher price.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
It depends on your goals really.

For the most part they are all the same, however some are made for normal everyday living, some for women, and others are made for bodybuilding and so on...

I also use Orange Triad. It's geared for lifters though because it has a lot of other things besides vitamans which also means it comes with a little higher price.

One thing I would also add GRAY is to try and find multis that don't have synthetics in them. This is a little difficult but they are so much better for you.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Grapevine Ford
 
SALEEN449's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Grapevine Ford
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX
how you like it?

I like it. I don't know about Greg, but the digestive support part of the formula keeps me regular as hell.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
SALEEN449 is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
I like it. I don't know about Greg, but the digestive support part of the formula keeps me regular as hell.
yea ive been noticing ive been pooping about 3 times a day. up from one or so a day.

Pro88LX is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX
yea ive been noticing ive been pooping about 3 times a day. up from one or so a day.
Nigger. let me know when you want to start running.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Nigger. let me know when you want to start running.
i need to start hitting the gym and doing cardio asap. my cardio freakin SUCKS lol

Pro88LX is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
multi V

If you want a real mans multi V then go with Animal Pak from universal. You can get them at Vitamin Shoppe. Got everything you need in them, especially if you are hitting the weights.
stylin250 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylin250
If you want a real mans multi V then go with Animal Pak from universal. You can get them at Vitamin Shoppe. Got everything you need in them, especially if you are hitting the weights.
Animal is good, however Triad is better.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Lifer
 
93powerranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NRH
Posts: 1,294
basically .75 cents a day. Not too bad it has 45 servings. I am going to get it once my one a days run out...hahah.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
93powerranger is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
basically .75 cents a day. Not too bad it has 45 servings. I am going to get it once my one a days run out...hahah.

I only take 4 day, 2 moning, 2 night. You can take all 6 though...

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bone stock racing inc.
Posts: 296
i sell herbalife, which offers a multivitamin, along with protein shakes and bars, etc...
Check this website and i know there is something you can use. Great quality...
www.herbal-nutrition.net/herbalharmony

"for all have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God, and are justified freely by His Grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" Romans 3:23
93cobrasvt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome