breakfast question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

breakfast question

hey guys, i havent eaten breakfast for years. i recently started eating breakfast in the morning, and have felt mildly sick to my stomach for about 45 mins afterward. is this normal for someone who isnt used to eating before noon? I know this is a stupid question, but i dont know where else to ask it. If it matters my breakfast will either be a fiber one bar, a yogurt with fruit in it, or a small bowl of special k cereal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Do you drink heavily the night before? lol
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX
hey guys, i havent eaten breakfast for years. i recently started eating breakfast in the morning, and have felt mildly sick to my stomach for about 45 mins afterward. is this normal for someone who isnt used to eating before noon? I know this is a stupid question, but i dont know where else to ask it. If it matters my breakfast will either be a fiber one bar, a yogurt with fruit in it, or a small bowl of special k cereal.
No. I never ate breakfast in the States, but as soon as I got out here, we all go to breakfast after our morning meeting (it's free afterall). My first week, my stomach felt queezy after breakfast. After that, I was good to go, which is good since I need it now that I'm working 12+ hours a day in extreme heat (about 1/2 the time), no days off, etc. You have to think, you're body isn't used to working those internal muscles so early after a night's rest. That's why you get that ache like you gotta blow ass shortly afterward.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Large Member

That is still a very small breakfast. I guess that could make you stomach hurt if you aren't used to it.

I don't see how you guys do it. I wake up, piss, and go straight to the kitchen. That's the first thing on my mind in the morning. I will even be late to work if I have to. I'm not skipping breakfast for anything.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
No. I never ate breakfast in the States, but as soon as I got out here, we all go to breakfast after our morning meeting (it's free afterall). My first week, my stomach felt queezy after breakfast. After that, I was good to go, which is good since I need it now that I'm working 12+ hours a day in extreme heat (about 1/2 the time), no days off, etc. You have to think, you're body isn't used to working those internal muscles so early after a night's rest. That's why you get that ache like you gotta blow ass shortly afterward.
thats exactly how i feel. not to sounds gross, but its like the feeling you get in your stomach when you have the shits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith
That is still a very small breakfast. I guess that could make you stomach hurt if you aren't used to it.

I don't see how you guys do it. I wake up, piss, and go straight to the kitchen. That's the first thing on my mind in the morning. I will even be late to work if I have to. I'm not skipping breakfast for anything.
I tried a big breakfast one time and felt awful. im trying to ease into it. I used to look forward to breakfast when i was in school, but as soon as i started working, i just got busy and forgot all about it.

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe
Do you drink heavily the night before? lol
I really dont drink at all. maybe a few beers ocasionally, but i dont like being drunk.

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Do you have mood swings or bloating? Could be "Aunt Flo" coming to visit.

DFWMustangs.net
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Packin' up...

I remember when I went from not eating breakfast to eating breakfast.. i would immediately get a stomach ate and not feel too well.

I got use to it and look forward to it now... kinda gets my day going.

In the morning I munch on 2 pieces of turkey sausage, piece of wheat bread, and about 1/4 cup egg beaters (white) scrambled up. Good protein and a few carbs.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I remember when I went from not eating breakfast to eating breakfast.. i would immediately get a stomach ate and not feel too well.

I got use to it and look forward to it now... kinda gets my day going.

In the morning I munch on 2 pieces of turkey sausage, piece of wheat bread, and about 1/4 cup egg beaters (white) scrambled up. Good protein and a few carbs.
i bought a bunch of turkey bacon and sausage, but havent cooked any yet. is it good? also what do you think about the egg beaters. almost pulled the trigger on some but wanted to get some opinions on it.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
Do you have mood swings or bloating? Could be "Aunt Flo" coming to visit.
no just RANCID gas. but thats cool, its fun to torture people with.

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
i bought a bunch of turkey bacon and sausage, but havent cooked any yet. is it good? also what do you think about the egg beaters. almost pulled the trigger on some but wanted to get some opinions on it.
I like turkey bacon, it's only 25 cals a strip... but i don't like the cooking factor.

Jimmy Dean has the turkey sausage/patties. I like the sausage alot more(no jokes plz). 2 is only 60 calories and they are fucking tasty. I just pop em in the microwave for a minute and they are ready.

I like the egg beaters without any yolk. I add some black pepper and tabasco if I feel like it. However the store I goto is always out so I pick up the southwest one with bellpeppers and onions in it. Really don't have to season it at all.

Pretty much, i don't think i could ever go back to regular ol' eggs.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
no just RANCID gas.
Wouldn't know anything about that, sir. Mine has the distinct odor of clover and sunshine.

DFWMustangs.net
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
I like turkey bacon, it's only 25 cals a strip... but i don't like the cooking factor.

Jimmy Dean has the turkey sausage/patties. I like the sausage alot more(no jokes plz). 2 is only 60 calories and they are fucking tasty. I just pop em in the microwave for a minute and they are ready.

I like the egg beaters without any yolk. I add some black pepper and tabasco if I feel like it. However the store I goto is always out so I pick up the southwest one with bellpeppers and onions in it. Really don't have to season it at all.

Pretty much, i don't think i could ever go back to regular ol' eggs.
im about to start a daily breakfast of one whole grain eggo with sugar free syrup, and cant believe its not butter spray. couple pieces if either turkey sausage or bacon, as well as some no yolk egg beaters, and either a yogurt or a cup of cereal and vanilla soy milk. think thats too much food?

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Wouldn't know anything about that, sir. Mine has the distinct odor of clover and sunshine.
What are you? A lephracaun?
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Wouldn't know anything about that, sir. Mine has the distinct odor of Jergens.
thats NASTY.

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Large Member

Quote:
im about to start a daily breakfast of one whole grain eggo with sugar free syrup, and cant believe its not butter spray. couple pieces if either turkey sausage or bacon, as well as some no yolk egg beaters, and either a yogurt or a cup of cereal and vanilla soy milk. think thats too much food?
As long as it fits into your diet it shouldn't be too much. Just ease into it and your stomach should be fine.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
You probably would be too full to eat all that plus the cereal... i'd go for the yogurt. I think you'd be happy with the above and stay full till lunch. Maybe a little snack around 10am or so...
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Good times

Give it 2 or 3 weeks and you should feel fine.

n/a
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
You probably would be too full to eat all that plus the cereal... i'd go for the yogurt. I think you'd be happy with the above and stay full till lunch. Maybe a little snack around 10am or so...
i bought a big bag of craisins, and if i get hungry between meals ill just eat a handful and it usually helps.

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Packin' up...

wtf is a craisin?
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
wtf is a craisin?
A dried cranberry.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
A dried cranberry.
That sounds funky... I might have to give it a try.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
That sounds funky... I might have to give it a try.
They're pretty good actually, a bit different than raisins, but just as sweet. Watch your sugar content though...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

at 330lbs, i have one packet of instant oatmeal for breakfast at around 8am, and im good till 11-11:30 before i get hungry again.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning
at 330lbs, i have one packet of instant oatmeal for breakfast at around 8am, and im good till 11-11:30 before i get hungry again.
Aren't you trying to drop some weight?
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith
Aren't you trying to drop some weight?
why do you think im only having 1 packet of oatmeal for breakfast

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:20 PM
You never go full retard

Chris I know exactly what you mean, I've never been one to eat breakfast in the morning and the first week I started doing cardio in the morning I realized that I needed a little something to get me going. My breakfast consists of the quaker oats weight control oatmeal with a banana, i'm still a little gassy but that's from the Tri-Lean I'm on.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning
why do you think im only having 1 packet of oatmeal for breakfast
Well that's what it sounded like...
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
No. I never ate breakfast in the States, but as soon as I got out here, we all go to breakfast after our morning meeting (it's free afterall).

Cheap ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
They're pretty good actually, a bit different than raisins, but just as sweet. Watch your sugar content though...
what do you think about a good size handful as a snack? maybe mixed with a few mixed nuts as well.

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Good times

Quote:
what do you think about a good size handful as a snack? maybe mixed with a few mixed nuts as well.
5 gallon drum ought to do it.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
That's sounds like a decent portion size. Be careful though, if you go bacl for more, a couple handfuls will really add up without you realizing it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
That's sounds like a decent portion size. Be careful though, if you go bacl for more, a couple handfuls will really add up without you realizing it.
x2, I love ocean spray craisins and i'll go grab a few... but that'll turn into half of a bag

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
yes, jluv

I don't eat breakfast, and haven't in over 10 years. I know I should.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
im just putting them in a ziplock bag and bringing them to work. i dont touch em when at home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement