DC training - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Post DC training

I need some help on just the routine. I have the basis and how to do it but everything I read is about 4 pages long . I would like just basically a spreadsheet style of the workouts with the excercise, warmup sets and working sets. ANY info is greatly appreciated.

DC (Dogg Crapp) training.

Greg Chime in!

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Rookie

Im a big fan of DC Training.

Basically, you can change it up how ever you want. Just take your normal exercises, do 3 light weight warmup excersises and the one working set of something you will max 10-15 times on the first set for 3 sets waiting 15 secs between sets.

So if you're doing hamstring pulls for example...

1st warmup set - 10 rep.
2nd warmup set a little heavier but easy - 10 rep
3rd warmup set a little heavier but still easy - 10 rep

1 working set thats heavy - Max reps to failure (maybe 15 reps)
wait 15 secs.
Max rep to failure with same weight (maybe 11 reps)
wait 15 secs
Max rep to failure with same weight (maybe 7 reps)

Dont forget the streches next. They will burn bad. Try and hold a hamstring stretch for a full min to get the lactic acid out of the muscle.

repeat for 3 other excerises on that muscle group.

This is how i run it, other ppl change it up a bit.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

So tomorrow (monday) it is all CHEST? and only chest? Tuesday All shoulders and only shoulders, Or do I do 2 different body parts in one day? I have been reading up on it but your way seems to make the most sense so far. Thanks for the quick response.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
So tomorrow (monday) it is all CHEST? and only chest? Tuesday All shoulders and only shoulders, Or do I do 2 different body parts in one day? I have been reading up on it but your way seems to make the most sense so far. Thanks for the quick response.

I do one large muscle, one small a day. Like Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, then my hardest day Legs/Shoulders which is 2 large muscles.

Sometimes i do them on a day of their own.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

last question. Do you do the warm up set for each exercise or just the big first one?

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
last question. Do you do the warm up set for each exercise or just the big first one?

Each exercise gets it's own warmup and strech. Total of 3 warmups and 1 working set for each exercise along with a streach after.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thanks again, you have answered many questions that I had. I will put together a workout and see what kind of results I get off of it for about 8 weeks.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Scared s**tless

I wrote a nice long reply, only for the board to hiccup and refresh the page

Long story short: DC wants more workouts per body part... he measures your recovery time, and as soon as you are square, you hit it again. One workout per body part, 4 body parts per day. 2 on one off 2 on 2 off...rotate 3 favorite exercises per muscle group every three workouts... nasty stretches after each workout, long nasty make-you-cry negatives... it's tough shit. I am hitting each body part 2 times a week... DC is getting a workout in every 3 days, so he's at 2 on 1 off 2 on 1 off 2 on, etc... he is also doing close to 1g of Test a week and NEVER comes off the juice, keep that in mind.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Lifer

LOL, who can't get big on 1,000mg of test a week!
I honestly would get bored with his training style, but if it works for him and you...congrats!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe
LOL, who can't get big on 1,000mg of test a week!
I honestly would get bored with his training style, but if it works for him and you...congrats!
I don't know why you would get bored... Maybe there's some underlying joke there that I missed. Personally I wouldn't run his regimen more than 6 weeks full-steam. At any rate, whether you subscribe to his methods or not that's fine... To each their own. I attribute a lot of my chest gains recently to his methodology.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Lifer

Whats this DC guy look like? I searched for Dog Crap on google and got, well you know, dog shit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Scared s**tless

Dogg crapp
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Still cant find him. I want to see what someone that is taking 1,000 mg of test looks like.

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I don't know why you would get bored... Maybe there's some underlying joke there that I missed. Personally I wouldn't run his regimen more than 6 weeks full-steam. At any rate, whether you subscribe to his methods or not that's fine... To each their own. I attribute a lot of my chest gains recently to his methodology.
Why you ask?
Because I have OCD and spend 12-14hrs a week in the gym training(plus our dumbbells only go up to 120's and I rep them for sets of 15, four to five sets as it is).
To me, flatbar benchpress is somewhat pointless(except for bragging rights to all your buddies).
Doing his routine, I would finish well before 2hrs each workout and be bored the rest of the day.
I am FAR from a one rep wonder'er or even what I would call a powerlifter/bodybuilder.
But if it works for him and others, like I said...good luck.

Mike, you obviously haven't been around many roid heads egh?
I have trained at Stroud's for 4-5yrs of my training, so I can attest to smelling that crap in the air on a daily basis!
Plus most of the bigger dedicated people I know, have to juice...just to show a little bit of dedication.
It's rather sad really.

Last edited by Stangin4Lyfe; 08-25-2008 at 11:23 AM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Why you ask?
Because I have OCD and spend 12-14hrs a week in the gym training(plus our dumbbells only go up to 120's and I rep them for sets of 15, four to five sets as it is).
To me, flatbar benchpress is somewhat pointless(except for bragging rights to all your buddies).
Doing his routine, I would finish well before 2hrs each workout and be bored the rest of the day.
I am FAR from a one rep wonder'er.

I have trained at Stroud's for 4-5yrs of my training, so I can attest to smelling that crap in the air on a daily basis!
Nope. I havent been working out very long as im sure youre already aware. However, ive been in the gym long enough to have an idea of who is using the juice and who isnt.
Im also starting to develope a bad case of gym rage.

For example;
A little off topic but i remember seeing these two young'er' kids around 18 or so on flat bench with 185-195 on the bar. These kids were way smaller than i, maybe, 120 and their spot was lifting pretty much the entire weight up the whole time while they were doing reps of 10-12 for 2-3 sets. Me and Don cracked jokes about how it was a teamplay work out, one was working chest while the other was doing a bicep routine. Quite hilarious...

I guess the point im trying to make is that im to the point where i know a little something about working out and seeing ignorance in the gym is just very annoying and lack of dedication in being committed and educating themselves.

Quote:
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Why you ask?
I am FAR from a one rep wonder'er or even what I would call a powerlifter/bodybuilder.
But if it works for him and others, like I said...good luck.

Plus most of the bigger dedicated people I know, have to juice...just to show a little bit of dedication.
It's rather sad really.
His point is to work that muscle group to the point of fatigue with one particular exercise... He prefers 2 or 3 warm up sets and 4 sets to fail with one serious working weight... The negatives are the killer: 4 sets to fail, 6 second negatives with a 15 breath range rest between sets. I imagine if you did his work out just like he does you may appeeciate it more
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Rookie

Who is this "HE" guy. Are yall talking about David Henry? He does DC but i dont think he started it.

My way is a veriation that i like. I dont do it exacly as planned.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Who is this "HE" guy. Are yall talking about David Henry? He does DC but i dont think he started it.

My way is a veriation that i like. I dont do it exacly as planned.
Ive never seen a back like this before. Its not t he largest back ive seen it just looks, cut? I dont know. Impressive though.

Quote:
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Scared s**tless

greg, do a search on google "cycles for pennies"... I found a PDF format of the original thread after some digging. In short, it's the thread DC made talking bout his training regimen. It's a great read, if you got 4 to 5 hours.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Yeah, David Henry is one the top pro's in the game. Small guy but has very dense muscle on a little frame similar to silvio samuel and Jonnie Jackson.

David likes to run the DC training.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike

I guess the point im trying to make is that im to the point where i know a little something about working out and seeing ignorance in the gym is just very annoying and lack of dedication in being committed and educating themselves.
If it doesn't affect you other than to get a good laugh out of it, why get very annoyed?

I know when I go to the gym (not very often) I don't really know wtf I'm doing as far as a routine or which groups to work on or any of that stuff. I'm just not that concerned with it. But I stay out of people's way, replace the weights I rack, clean up after myself, and just lift a few weights. I don't see why anyone who steps foot in a gym has to be super dedicated just because you are. Do you listen to the radio in your car? Are you dedicated to car audio? Do you ever grill out? Are you dedicated to culinary arts?

Just playing devil's advocate here, from the viewpoint of someone who isn't dedicated to working out.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
If it doesn't affect you other than to get a good laugh out of it, why get very annoyed?

I know when I go to the gym (not very often) I don't really know wtf I'm doing as far as a routine or which groups to work on or any of that stuff. I'm just not that concerned with it. But I stay out of people's way, replace the weights I rack, clean up after myself, and just lift a few weights. I don't see why anyone who steps foot in a gym has to be super dedicated just because you are. Do you listen to the radio in your car? Are you dedicated to car audio? Do you ever grill out? Are you dedicated to culinary arts?

Just playing devil's advocate here, from the viewpoint of someone who isn't dedicated to working out.
I know this is going to sound like im contradicting myself but i sort of threw all of what i said earlier together spare of the moment.

The point im trying to make is, Jared, is why waste anytime at anything if youre not going to do it properly? No, im not dedicated to car audio, but if i were to install something audio related myself, then id most likely educate myself before doing so. The same applies to anything else i do myself hands-on.
Im not taking anything away from the people who work out just to be healthy, im not.

The examples i gave in my previous post were directed to the people i see in the gym everyday im there and look the very same they did when i started 5 or however many months ago. Now, I dont know about you but if i were working out for any period of time and didnt see any results id want to find out why.
And the same people i see doing off the wall shit are the same people who look the same.

Quote:
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
I know this is going to sound like im contradicting myself but i sort of threw all of what i said earlier together spare of the moment.

The point im trying to make is, Jared, is why waste anytime at anything if youre not going to do it properly? No, im not dedicated to car audio, but if i were to install something audio related myself, then id most likely educate myself before doing so. The same applies to anything else i do myself hands-on.
Im not taking anything away from the people who work out just to be healthy, im not.

The examples i gave in my previous post were directed to the people i see in the gym everyday im there and look the very same they did when i started 5 or however many months ago. Now, I dont know about you but if i were working out for any period of time and didnt see any results id want to find out why.
And the same people i see doing off the wall shit are the same people who look the same.
Maybe cause they aren't taking 1000mgs a day of test a day like you!
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Lifer

::rolls eyes::

Quote:
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:

Ya, but what do those people have to do with you? Why would it bug you if they aren't getting results that are up to your standards? If they can get something different out of working out than you do, more power to them. I think you're being silly.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

You can read up on car audio but does that mean you are going to drop 2k on a set of top dollar components or will you get some cheaper JL splits to listen to? You don't have to go all out on everything and those kids more than likely just need some guidance. When I step foot in a gym I have an idea of what I'm doing but I'm an postive I am not opitmizing my time in the gym.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Ya, but what do those people have to do with you?
Absolutely nothing but theyre around me and i notice them. The same way when youre driving and notice stupid drivers on the road.

Quote:
Why would it bug you if they aren't getting results that are up to your standards? If they can get something different out of working out than you do, more power to them. I think you're being silly.
Maybe it is silly and im over reacting. Im just stating my opinion, thats all. Im not telling anyone to change their routine for me.

Quote:
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Absolutely nothing but theyre around me and i notice them. The same way when youre driving and notice stupid drivers on the road.
Stupid drivers affect me. They potentially put my life in danger as well as anyone else around them. Driving can be dangerous and there are laws on how it should be done - laws that are serious enough to be enforced by cops on every single road in the country. Stupid drivers kill hundreds of people every day. I could go on, but by now, surely you see the difference in people that you think are working out stupid and people that are on the road driving stupid.

Quote:
Maybe it is silly and im over reacting. Im just stating my opinion, thats all. Im not telling anyone to change their routine for me.
I hear ya man. Like I said, just playing devil's advocate. That, and hoping to maybe keep you from becoming one of those muscleheads that thinks that they own the gym and that only they and other serious, dedicated muscle heads have any business stepping inside.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
::rolls eyes::
I'm tired of picking up your damn needles you leave laying around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement