Help me out with a program: this is what I'm currently doing, am I on the right path? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Red face Help me out with a program: this is what I'm currently doing, am I on the right path?

Goal: to drop about 15- 20 lbs of body fat and build some muscle.

I've been going to the gym 3 times a week. about 30 min of cardio and doing weights each time....low reps and as heavy as I can go without hurting myself.

I take L Carnitine before my workout and L Glutimine and a little muscle milk after my workout. I'm new to working out, and I haven't been doing this long.

I'm still working on my diet. This has been the hardest thing to get right. I like to eat...a lot.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Lifer

change to lower weight and higher reps if you're trying to lose weight. Go more often, 5 times a week.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Rookie

i suggest you rework your supps, i dont know who told you take that stuff.

Drop the Carnitine and Glutimine, and drop muscle milk for a lower cal protein UNLESS you're using it as a meal replacement.
Most of your good protein shakes have Glutimine in them. It's a debated supp anyway, some studies claim it works for recovery others show nothing.

Give the hyperdrive a try if want to lose that 20lbs faster also.

I'd up your reps to at least 10 for your goals and add 1 more day week of training if you can. At least some cardio.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

My girl takes those supplements, I'm pretty much following what she does, except she goes just about ever day and does a different weight routine.

I thought more muscle would help you burn calories faster. I want to drop body fat, but I also want to build muscle. Is it possible to accomplish both of those things at the same time?

I've been doing my weight 10 reps, 8reps, then 6 reps, incresing the weight each time so that by the time I get to the 6 reps my last rep is hard to do.

What is Hyperdrive? I don't want to take any over the counter speed or anything that's detrimental to my health.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement