Mass Gainers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Mass Gainers

What's everyones opinion on mass gainer shakes??
The ones im looking at are at about 950 cal per serving. What im worried about is putting on extra weight instead of lean muscle weight.. I busted ass for 2 months in the gym to loose the weight i did and really dont wanna get the gut back.
I've cut way back on fast foods, and try and only drink one coke a day if that. Drinking about a gallon of water per day and lifting m,w,th,f. and riding my mountain bike at river legacy on tues and at least once during the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Lifer

Well what's your goal?
What are your stats now?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Lifer

I take Muscle Milk with Milk, it equals to about 650 calories. Youre not going to build muscle without adding fat, but the less is better of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Rookie

Just get a good protein shake with higher cals. Some good ones are Muscle Milk and Syntha-6....

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 PM

as long as you keep working out hard you wont gain your gut back. but if your looking to get lean I would stick with a lean protein. but If you want to get bigger get glycomaize by optimum nutrition. it contains waxymaize and good carbs. I took 4 scoops a day two in my morning protein shake and 2 in my afterworkout one. good luck
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Lifer

I was wondering the same thing 90dfw

Photobucket

Best painter in Texas
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

I am in the gain mass mode myself. I was on EVo Pro protein but that is going to be for lean gaining. It's low calories liek 140 per serving I think. I switched to Cyto Gainer and Muscle Milk. The Cyto Gainer is 600 cals per serving and 54G Protein. I take 2-3 servings of that a day and 1-2 Muscle Milk's. I can tell I am gaining a little extra fat in my stomach area, but it's something you have to do to gain mass. I can always cut a bit later on, but to build size you have to provide your body with the high amount of calories, proteing, and everything else.........

Gotta have the intake in your body to gain mass. I am hoping it works out for me......

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

I would stay away from anything that mega doses protein in one drink. Only so much can be used before it is just stored as fat. Those things usually are often loaded with sugar also. Anything more than 35-50 grams of protein will not only be a waste, but it may give you the craps.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement