Workout progress. Meeting and beating goals! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Workout progress. Meeting and beating goals!

Been in the gym and active for as long as I can remember. I am a smaller framed 6'1" guy. I am 26 years old now and been lifting decently for 2 years. Never really intensive lifting, just good progress along the way.

Back in May I started a weight loss challenge with 5 friends. I was not paying attention to diet and drinking WAY too much beer. I got up to 198lbs and 17.8% body fat, and almost all that was in my beer gut I was developing. I busted ass in the gym for 2 months. Cardio everyday and lighter weights to stay toned. I got down to 178lbs in 2 months of busting ass and dieting!

Now came the bulk up mind set. For the past month and a half I have been back lifting good weight and starting back on a lot of supplements. I have been on a stack for the past 11 days and taking Vitamins and tons of protein. Along the way I have gotten a ton stronger already and am putting on some size. I am at 189lbs as of this morning and down to 12.5% body fat. Up around 10 pounds since 2 weeks ago.

I am working out with Skip (Saleen449) and making leaps and bounds improvements. I am putting back on some weight in my stomach, but I need all the calories and protein I can get while lifting intensive. I am keeping a log of my workouts over at www.lockoutforums.com

User name for me there is mikecobra302. Check out my progress!

I will post some before and after pics later this month to see how much progress I can make.

I am missing beer lol But now my jeans all fit again and I am proud of myself. the losing weight part was a lot of work, I hate cardio! had to adjust to eating less and better food as well. I''ll keep busting ass in the gym and post any progress I can make over the last month of my challenge to myself

mikecobra95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
Been in the gym and active for as long as I can remember. I am a smaller framed 6'1" guy. I am 26 years old now and been lifting decently for 2 years. Never really intensive lifting, just good progress along the way.

Back in May I started a weight loss challenge with 5 friends. I was not paying attention to diet and drinking WAY too much beer. I got up to 198lbs and 17.8% body fat, and almost all that was in my beer gut I was developing. I busted ass in the gym for 2 months. Cardio everyday and lighter weights to stay toned. I got down to 178lbs in 2 months of busting ass and dieting!

Now came the bulk up mind set. For the past month and a half I have been back lifting good weight and starting back on a lot of supplements. I have been on a stack for the past 11 days and taking Vitamins and tons of protein. Along the way I have gotten a ton stronger already and am putting on some size. I am at 189lbs as of this morning and down to 12.5% body fat. Up around 10 pounds since 2 weeks ago.

I am working out with Skip (Saleen449) and making leaps and bounds improvements. I am putting back on some weight in my stomach, but I need all the calories and protein I can get while lifting intensive. I am keeping a log of my workouts over at www.lockoutforums.com

User name for me there is mikecobra302. Check out my progress!

I will post some before and after pics later this month to see how much progress I can make.

I am missing beer lol But now my jeans all fit again and I am proud of myself. the losing weight part was a lot of work, I hate cardio! had to adjust to eating less and better food as well. I''ll keep busting ass in the gym and post any progress I can make over the last month of my challenge to myself
Good job Mike, keep at it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Grapevine Ford
 
SALEEN449's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Grapevine Ford
Posts: 2,907
his progress really is quite amazing. He's beginning to ignore the actual amount of weight and just lifting it.....it's fun to watch his face when he realizes how much weight he just put up.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
SALEEN449 is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
his progress really is quite amazing. He's beginning to ignore the actual amount of weight and just lifting it.....it's fun to watch his face when he realizes how much weight he just put up.

Makes me kinda jealous, I haven't made progress like that in years.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Makes me kinda jealous, I haven't made progress like that in years.

Yeah well I am a tall skinny guy. You are a manbeast. lol.

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
his progress really is quite amazing. He's beginning to ignore the actual amount of weight and just lifting it.....it's fun to watch his face when he realizes how much weight he just put up.

That what happens on the magic.

Naw, that's awsome Mike, keep pushing it takes time to build good muscle.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
That what happens on the magic.

Naw, that's awsome Mike, keep pushing it takes time to build good muscle.

Thanks Greg! I pushed hard this morning and am paying for it now, man I am BEAT! I posted a new personal high on bench for myself today. Updated my training log on Lockout

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Deadlift OWNS me! I did 2 sets last night and can barely move my back today, lol. I suck......... Rest of my back workout until then felt great though!

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Back is SORE as hell! I took last night off because I could barely move and need to take another night off lifting to fully recover hopefully! Fucking deadlifts.......

Anyway..... I am up to 193lbs as of today and ready to get back in the gym later this week. I know I am getting stronger on my lifts, just gotta keep at it to make the best progress I can in the upcoming weeks.

Taking 4 protein shakes a day along with my stack and multi vitamins. Eating a ton and feeling my gut grow a bit. Price you pay to fuel your muscles I guess.......

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
haha, i love the sore back. Deadlifts are the greatest ever.

You're putting on some good weight now....
Strength should really be going up about now.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
haha, i love the sore back. Deadlifts are the greatest ever.

You're putting on some good weight now....
Strength should really be going up about now.

I hoe so. I can tell I am getting a bit bigger, but I think I should see some more soon i hope. I am busting ass, I wanna see some results. The woman says she can see the results so far so that works

The back is fucking sucking. I am OK sitting, ok standing, but getting from one to the other is a beat down right now! I feel 100% better today from yesterday. I hope to be back and ready in 2 more days. The left elbow giving out on biceps work out Monday sucked too. But that feels totally fine now. I am ready to get back busting it out! Thanks Greg. We are representing you proudly up in our 24 hour Fitness between Skip myself and Cody.

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
I hoe so. I can tell I am getting a bit bigger, but I think I should see some more soon i hope. I am busting ass, I wanna see some results. The woman says she can see the results so far so that works

The back is fucking sucking. I am OK sitting, ok standing, but getting from one to the other is a beat down right now! I feel 100% better today from yesterday. I hope to be back and ready in 2 more days. The left elbow giving out on biceps work out Monday sucked too. But that feels totally fine now. I am ready to get back busting it out! Thanks Greg. We are representing you proudly up in our 24 hour Fitness between Skip myself and Cody.

haha, yeah i notice a lot of sales from you guys in Fort Worth. haha

On the back, you shouldnt have done an all out deadlift day begining like that. Your friends fucked you.
Here's something you can try...
Lay on you back, pull you knees up and hold them with your hands. Then rock back an forth on your back. It will hit that whole muscle down the middle of your back that's soar.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
haha, yeah i notice a lot of sales from you guys in Fort Worth. haha

On the back, you shouldnt have done an all out deadlift day begining like that. Your friends fucked you.
Here's something you can try...
Lay on you back, pull you knees up and hold them with your hands. Then rock back an forth on your back. It will hit that whole muscle down the middle of your back that's soar.

NO shit. I just did the 135lbs on Dead lift since I am such a rookie at that lift. It doesn't feel that heavy and lifting it feels fine, but man when I got done I was like... oh shit I can't move, lmao! I did 2 sets of that after a ton of other back work was already done/ It's pain from my tailbone up to mid back.

I will probably pass on the deadlift for a while. I am hitting my back pretty well with all the other excersizes we are doing. Being 6'1" and kinda skinny with long legs, I got a long fucking way to lift on deadlift........ I am paying for that shit, that's for sure.....

I will try that stretch out as soon as I get home from work. Getting my knees to my chest may be tough seeing as I couldn't put on my socks again this morning and had trouble bending over to lift the toliet seat, lol. Back pain sucks. I feel horrible for people with chronic back pain. I jsut did this shit to myself on accident. It better get better by Friday, I plan on golfing after work

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
NO shit. I just did the 135lbs on Dead lift since I am such a rookie at that lift. It doesn't feel that heavy and lifting it feels fine, but man when I got done I was like... oh shit I can't move, lmao! I did 2 sets of that after a ton of other back work was already done/ It's pain from my tailbone up to mid back.

I will probably pass on the deadlift for a while. I am hitting my back pretty well with all the other excersizes we are doing. Being 6'1" and kinda skinny with long legs, I got a long fucking way to lift on deadlift........ I am paying for that shit, that's for sure.....

I will try that stretch out as soon as I get home from work. Getting my knees to my chest may be tough seeing as I couldn't put on my socks again this morning and had trouble bending over to lift the toliet seat, lol. Back pain sucks. I feel horrible for people with chronic back pain. I jsut did this shit to myself on accident. It better get better by Friday, I plan on golfing after work

You dont have to get them all the way into your chest, just hold them so you can rock back and forth.
You'll be fine by friday, it's just muscle soreness. Few days and you'll be ready for more deadlifts!!!
Dont quit doing them!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Back is feeling better each day, I should be good to go for golf tomorrow. I need to hit the gym tomorrow night or Saturday morning and get my shoulders and Tri's in.

I am up to 195lbs as of my weigh in today. I am eating bad and too much. I am just always hungry now. Getting some stomach flab back but I hope it will help fuel my lifting in these next few weeks........

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Grapevine Ford
 
SALEEN449's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Grapevine Ford
Posts: 2,907
in for tomorrow. feeling alot better.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
SALEEN449 is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Down to 190lbs....... didn't lift for 6 days, that may have caused the drop in weight.........

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Finished my stack and here is my final updates. I will start a new thread tonight with before and after pics.

I started this self transformation in May. I am 6'1" and got up to 198lbs with 17% body fat. Just not caring about fitness. I was drinking way too much beer and eating whatever I wanted. I got chubby to say the least. I cut that down in 10 weeks to 178lbs! 5 days a week of cardio and changing my diet. Then I hit the weights hard and took supplements for a month and a half and I finished at 195lbs at 12.5% body fat!

I am a lot stronger in all aspects. My lifts went up a ton and I set new personal bests on just about every lift! Full details coming soon with pics

Mikey=)

I keep my training log at www.lockoutforums.com under mikecobra302 to see my lifting stats. Weak I know, but I made progress

mikecobra95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome