Started the Tri-Lean system today - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Started the Tri-Lean system today

Big thanks to Greg for the kit. It came quick and easy and he threw in a couple of samples. I feel pretty good so far. I'm actually getting more work done in less time, and not getting sidetracked as easily (I'm adult ADD, but not currently medicated). I don't feel jittery or really hot like I was worried that I would. I'm not very hungry, and by this time each day I'm normally starving. My only goal for the next 3 months is to lose weight, mainly belly fat. I've always been able to build muscle mass fairly quickly with even minimal working out, but I really want to focus on just slimming up for now, and then start lifting somewhat regularly after 90 days. I'm taking part in a "biggest loser" type contest for this period and it's based solely on weight loss percentage.

I weighed in Sunday evening to start the contest at 311 lbs (at 6'5"). For my entire life I have eaten buffets, fast food, etc with absolutely no thought given to nutrition or my health. I have not been very active at all for the past two years. I have been drinking (Crown and Cokes) pretty heavily (3-4 times/week) for at least 4 years now. I never drink water. I drink several sodas each day with my meals. I've never been a big fan of sweets, but I devour fried foods and slap tons of cheese and sour cream on everything.

I'm going to avoid fried foods, fast foods, buffets, and sodas completely. I've already started slamming water like crazy. I'll still drink booze on weekends only, but in moderation. I've stocked up on chicken breasts and veggies, and plan on alternating that with salads and a 6" Subway sub here and there. I'm going to allow for a little cheating on Fridays to keep my sanity and to give me something to look forward to (and hold out for) each week. I'll be riding my mountain bike and walking a lot more, maybe playing some basketball here and there. I plan to ramp up the exercise as I go, but I'm keeping my plan simple and realistic in the beginning while I ease into this huge lifestyle change.

I'd love to see a 30 lb loss over the next 3 months. It may take even more to be competitive in the contest I've entered.

Anyway, I'll post updates weekly or so for those that may be interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Army Strong

Good luck man.

I need to get my fatass back on top again. 5'10" and 225.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
There are two kinds of people in this world son, those that jerk off and those that lie about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Weird, cuz I'd rather be out on the streets sucking dick for crack than working!
http://www.phoenixtears.ca/ Cancer cure.
post #3 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
byc
The Beer Man

I ordered mine from lockout forums, looking forward to it also!

post #4 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Lifer

Goodluck, Jared. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #5 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Grapevine Ford

Good luck bro....you'll like the tri-lean....keeps me upbeat pretty much all day.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #6 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Rookie

Good luck bro,
It will help keep those cravings down for sure. 30lbs should be nothing for you.
I cant ever eat anything when i take one of those venoms and i havent even tried the stronger version yet that just came out in the new kits.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #7 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Lifer

Good luck man. I think the 30lbs will be easily attainable in your timeframe if you stick with it.

--wes
post #8 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
30lbs should be nothing for you.

I agree Jared. If you can clean your diet up like you're proposing, the weight will fall off, even with minimal cardio.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #9 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Very Interesting

good luck Jared, I love this stuff, especially for the Adult ADD side more than anything else.

I force myself to eat 5-6 meals a day, so I'm not sure how much appetite control it has, but I do know I can't eat nearly as much as I used to. Possible stomach shrinkage from the smaller meals I've been eating. But like I said it's awesome, and I don't see why you won't see a drastic weight loss TUBBY!

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #10 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
LUCIFER

Venom is great, I make myself eat at least 2 times per day...try and consume high protein foods to prevent muscle breakdown. It's been working nicely
Best of luck

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #11 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
African Booty Scratcher

jluv, i am 6ft 1in and was 205-210 about 2 weeks ago, after i ran this morning i weighed in butt naked at 190lbs outta the shower. if we take the low side thats 15lbs in 2 weeks. i am eating clean, hardly drinking, ( only had 2 brews at rockhouse last thursday) running daily in the morning and lifting weights on the days i dont train. i am still a little too soft in the middle to go posting pics hecdoggie style, but i and the wife can def see a difference. good luck bro.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #12 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Thanks y'all. So far so good. I'm still not hungry but I'm about to force down a chicken breast and some raw veggies. I've snacked on a few cashews since this morning, maybe totalling 1/2 cup or so. Still pounding the water too. I've got plenty of energy and haven't felt bad at all.
post #13 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Lifer

Good luck Jared! Good for you!!! You can do it... and I agree with the others when they say that with a change like that in your diet the weight will start to fall off. I'm back on the wagon this week. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm actually looking to purchase some tri-lean on lockout forums Friday. I wanted to try the Dr. Ted diet at the Plano Aesthetics Center but it's expensive... so I need to try sticking to a clean diet, some exercise, and tri-lean first.

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!

post #14 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Good luck Jared! Good for you!!! You can do it... and I agree with the others when they say that with a change like that in your diet the weight will start to fall off. I'm back on the wagon this week. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm actually looking to purchase some tri-lean on lockout forums Friday. I wanted to try the Dr. Ted diet at the Plano Aesthetics Center but it's expensive... so I need to try sticking to a clean diet, some exercise, and tri-lean first.

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!
If your husband is okay, I have a very effective cardio routine that I can help you with.

First, you get naked.

post #15 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:14 PM
The Franchise

good luck. I gotta order a kit asap
post #16 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Crackalack!

What about the remaining 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day??? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
If your husband is okay, I have a very effective cardio routine that I can help you with.

First, you get naked.
post #17 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hatton
What about the remaining 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day??? LOL!
It's a H.I.I.T. program. LOTS of intervals.

post #18 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Thanks y'all. So far so good. I'm still not hungry but I'm about to force down a chicken breast and some raw veggies. I've snacked on a few cashews since this morning, maybe totalling 1/2 cup or so. Still pounding the water too. I've got plenty of energy and haven't felt bad at all.
Dude, you could do 30 lbs in 2 months easily with that kind of lifestyle change, Tri-Lean or not. I got a guy at work to lose 18lbs in 8 weeks just by cutting out all sodas and replacing them with 1.5gal of water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #19 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
Dude, you could do 30 lbs in 2 months easily with that kind of lifestyle change, Tri-Lean or not. I got a guy at work to lose 18lbs in 8 weeks just by cutting out all sodas and replacing them with 1.5gal of water!
Without the Tri-Lean, there is absolutely no way I could jump head first into this kind of diet. Have you seen me eat? Seriously, my hunger has always been like a freight train - you don't get in its way. I'd get excited about meals the way people get excited about payday. If I went a little too long between meals, I'd get tunnel vision, where I didn't care about anything but food. It's only day one, and the day isn't over, but so far it's like the switch has been turned off completely. I'm impressed.
post #20 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Bitter Italian

Badass Jared!

30lbs will be no prob for you.
post #21 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

So day 1 is over. I ate a salad for dinner and then walked exactly 2.5 miles in exactly 35 minutes, which was as fast as I could possibly walk without jogging. After drinking only water all day, I treated myself to a small glass of milk right before bedtime. I took two of the Lean Dreams pills about an hour and a half before, and was out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I slept like a baby and didn't have anymore trouble getting up than usual. Popped my morning pills and ate an apple, and here we go again! I gave one to my chick to try this morning and she's already called me complaining a little. She's sweating and feels hyper, but I told her to calm down and give it a couple of hours. She's pretty small, and she just likes to complain anyway (she's a woman after all), so I think she'll be fine.

I do have some questions that maybe Greg or someone else could answer.

After the first 4 weeks, will I be able to sleep normally without the Lean Dreams pills?

After the 3 months is over, I know my habits will be better, but will it be a drastic change going back natural again? Is there any risk of dependency or is there a high chance that I will have a big dropoff in energy and a big increase in appetite as soon as I get off the stuff?

What about taking it longer than 3 months, like starting another batch? Is that recommended/okay if I still have a lot of weight to lose?

Are there any long-term health effects, like on your liver/kidneys/heart, etc? Would there be if you took it for too long? Is there any way to know for sure until later down the line?

I like what this is doing for me so far, and will no doubt finish the 3 months, but I just figure these are questions that should be asked.
post #22 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Very Interesting

Jared,

I'm no expert, but after almost 4 weeks on it, I'll give you what I've learned, and read...

The Lean Dreams is really nothing more than melatonin and a cortisol blocker. If you have any trouble sleeping without it, you probably already had trouble sleeping before. You can always buy another bottle of the lean dreams and keep taking it through the entire 90 days and beyond. Hell you could just go buy melatonin and take it regularly, it's probably cheaper in the long run. But more than likely with an increase in exercise and better diet, your sleep will improve on it's own. I know for me, I "forget" to take the lean dreams here and there, and my sleep has been 10 times better than before, I wake up on time, feeling good, even without it.

After the 3 months, I think you'll find yourself in a routine that works for you, that you'll feel good about, even without the hyperdrive. But my concern is the same as your's.... Considering my problems with Adult ADD, I like the way the Hyperdrive makes me feel, concentrate, etc... I will probably stay on it after the fact as well.

I haven't read anything about any major health effects for long term use.

I'm down 12.5 pounds as of today, and I'm on day 24. Really week 3 is when I started noticing a difference, but then again, I started lifting when I started taking it, so I'm pretty sure there was some body transformation that occurred for me during the first few weeks.

post #23 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Grapevine Ford

I plan on staying on the hyperdrive and the lean dreams after the fact. I may cycle off for a month or two just so my body doesn't get used to it, but I will stay on it.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #24 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Thanks guys.
post #25 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

I give ya props man. Make the changes and you'll feel so much better! Keep with it and keep us all updated.

I am use to being 180lbs or so and got up to 198lbs 2 months ago. I changed my diet drastically and hit the cardio hard core. I was down those 18lbs in 6 weeks Now it's time to put some mass on this frame

You got this man!

post #26 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
So day 1 is over. I ate a salad for dinner and then walked exactly 2.5 miles in exactly 35 minutes, which was as fast as I could possibly walk without jogging. After drinking only water all day, I treated myself to a small glass of milk right before bedtime. I took two of the Lean Dreams pills about an hour and a half before, and was out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I slept like a baby and didn't have anymore trouble getting up than usual. Popped my morning pills and ate an apple, and here we go again! I gave one to my chick to try this morning and she's already called me complaining a little. She's sweating and feels hyper, but I told her to calm down and give it a couple of hours. She's pretty small, and she just likes to complain anyway (she's a woman after all), so I think she'll be fine.

I do have some questions that maybe Greg or someone else could answer.

After the first 4 weeks, will I be able to sleep normally without the Lean Dreams pills?

After the 3 months is over, I know my habits will be better, but will it be a drastic change going back natural again? Is there any risk of dependency or is there a high chance that I will have a big dropoff in energy and a big increase in appetite as soon as I get off the stuff?

What about taking it longer than 3 months, like starting another batch? Is that recommended/okay if I still have a lot of weight to lose?

Are there any long-term health effects, like on your liver/kidneys/heart, etc? Would there be if you took it for too long? Is there any way to know for sure until later down the line?

I like what this is doing for me so far, and will no doubt finish the 3 months, but I just figure these are questions that should be asked.

The yellow pills are to help you cycle off the kit. T-X
I have a lot of people that just buy the hyperdrive pills alone after they are done with the kit to keep them going and help keep all the weight off.
As for the sleeping you'll be fine.
I always have Lean Dreams on hand myself. If im not tired by a certain time i always pop 2 of them. I dont use them everyday though.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #27 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Grapevine Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
I give ya props man. Make the changes and you'll feel so much better! Keep with it and keep us all updated.

I am use to being 180lbs or so and got up to 198lbs 2 months ago. I changed my diet drastically and hit the cardio hard core. I was down those 18lbs in 6 weeks Now it's time to put some mass on this frame

You got this man!
How's your wokout coming??

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #28 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Resident Epicurean

Good luck, Jared. I bet you'll be feeling better all around in no time at all.

Sodas are hard to kick.
post #29 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
The yellow pills are to help you cycle off the kit. T-X
I have a lot of people that just buy the hyperdrive pills alone after they are done with the kit to keep them going and help keep all the weight off.
As for the sleeping you'll be fine.
I always have Lean Dreams on hand myself. If im not tired by a certain time i always pop 2 of them. I dont use them everyday though.
Yellow pills? Which bottle were those in?
post #30 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
How's your wokout coming??

Good, getting a little stonger each visit to the gym. Think I may start my stack soon. Still a bit timid about it, but I'll just have to see how it goes. Should have a box of goodies at home from Greg for Cody and I today. I'll keep ya posted!

Good luck again jluv.

post #31 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Grapevine Ford

going to 24 hr tonight....legs/shoulders if you want to come

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #32 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Lifer

Well, I ordered mine @ Lockout yesterday. I'll be sure to post up and let you all know how it goes.

post #33 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Day 3 on the stuff and it's the same. I'm still eating very little, to the point where I think I may need to start throwing back in some of the "heavier" stuff, just in moderation. All I had yesterday was an apple, a few cashews, 1 chicken breast, one slice of cheese, a small bowl of lowfat cottage cheese, raw onion, bell pepper, and broccoli with a little bit of lowfat ranch dip, and water. It's been like that for 3 days now, and I could easily keep it up, but I'm thinking I need to throw some beef, bread, and potatoes back into my diet. Obviously this stuff killing my appetite will be good for portion control. What do you guys think? I didn't get any real exercise last night, but did the day before and will again tonight, just walking or riding my bike.

FWIW, I let my girlfriend try one of the pills yesterday and it made her sweaty and hyper until late afternoon, and then she got a bad headache. She didn't like the feeling and would never take it again. But she's tiny and kind of a wuss when it comes to stuff like that. I haven't noticed any negative side effects at all.

I'm not losing any weight yet, but I wouldn't expect to this soon. I'm drinking a ton of water and staying hydrated better than I normally do anyway, so that's probably figured in there, too.

Greg, I've got a couple of guys up here interested in what I'm doing. You might see a couple more orders out of it.

Oh! And let me give big fat praise again to the Lean Dreams stuff. Like clockwork, I can pop two of them, and exactly 90 minutes later I am ready to go to sleep.
post #34 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Yellow pills? Which bottle were those in?

T-X, you dont start those tell week 5.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #35 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
T-X, you dont start those tell week 5.
Ya, I haven't even opened the bottle yet. So there are two different colors of pills in there?

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I understand what you're saying. I take those weeks 5-8 and they help cycle off the other stuff, even though I keep taking the Hyperdrive stuff through week 13. Right?
post #36 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Ya, I haven't even opened the bottle yet. So there are two different colors of pills in there?
No i was naming by color.

T-X are Yellow, Zero Stim purple, Lean Dreams Green, and Hyperdrive Red.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #37 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Lifer

Sounds like my old diet, Jared! haha. My two snack pack a day diet would get you to 137 in no time.
Good job though, bro. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #38 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
No i was naming by color.

T-X are Yellow, Zero Stim purple, Lean Dreams Green, and Hyperdrive Red.

Gotcha. I originally thought you meant that there would be additional pills in that bottle that I would take the last week or two of the 3 month period. But now I get it.
post #39 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike
Sounds like my old diet, Jared! haha. My two snack pack a day diet would get you to 137 in no time.
Good job though, bro. Keep up the good work.
On the flipside of that, my old diet would help you gain a ton of weight in no time. Let's just say I always came out ahead at buffets.
post #40 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Lifer

I can honestly say, i hate eating all the time. The feeling of being full all the time is sucky. Ive had this strict diet for 2 months and im surprised my stomache hasnt expanded at all or become used to it.

Quote:
post #41 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Good, getting a little stonger each visit to the gym. Think I may start my stack soon. Still a bit timid about it, but I'll just have to see how it goes. Should have a box of goodies at home from Greg for Cody and I today. I'll keep ya posted!

Good luck again jluv.

If you're still making solid gains without, I'd suggest holding off until you hit a plateau. Let nature do it's job.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #42 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
If you're still making solid gains without, I'd suggest holding off until you hit a plateau. Let nature do it's job.

I'm still making gains on my creatine, protein, and BCAA pills. I am currently taking an Antibiotic for an infection I got so I will be in no rush to start the stack. I'll keep ya updated

post #43 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm still making gains on my creatine, protein, and BCAA pills. I am currently taking an Antibiotic for an infection I got so I will be in no rush to start the stack. I'll keep ya updated
What creatine are you taking? I started SizeOn roughly 7 days ago and have noticed nothing but results. Strength and Size, no complaints. I also noticed after i do a set i am out of breath(more than normal), as if i was running 2 miles.

Quote:
post #44 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Very Interesting

Jared, go to Greg's board, and look at my food log. I'd definatel monitor your diet, and keep track of it for a while. In a month I've changed my eating style so much that I can't throw down as much food as I used to in one sitting if I tried. My stomach has definately gotten smaller. I'm now content with a six inch sub for one of my meals, where before it was a foot long and chips.

I didn't see a lot of weight loss in the begining either, but now in week four, it's been really dropping.

post #45 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike
What creatine are you taking? I started SizeOn roughly 7 days ago and have noticed nothing but results. Strength and Size, no complaints. I also noticed after i do a set i am out of breath(more than normal), as if i was running 2 miles.

I am on the Evo Pro by CytoSport for protein and the CR-2 Ethyl Ester Creatine. Got it from LockoutForums of course. Already had to get my second order of protein in I am up 4lbs in a a week and a half and am putting up in a bit more weight in all areas of my workout. Doing good so far. I need to hit the cardio some more again to get my gut back in check and allow the rest of my body to grow.

post #46 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I am on the Evo Pro by CytoSport for protein and the CR-2 Ethyl Ester Creatine. Got it from LockoutForums of course. Already had to get my second order of protein in I am up 4lbs in a a week and a half and am putting up in a bit more weight in all areas of my workout. Doing good so far. I need to hit the cardio some more again to get my gut back in check and allow the rest of my body to grow.

To get the most out of your "cycle", I'd suggest cutting the creatine when you start. You'll see your reps drop slightly in the begining as the creatine clears out, but then prohormones will take over, and you'll get it back and then some. Save the cardio for a week or two into PCT, and crank the creatine back up after as well. You won't drop weight as fast, as the creatine will bring your water back up, but the muscle that you gained while "on" will burn more calories, and allow you to shed that fat without sacrificing too much strength. The key there is to take your time. Any time I've tried to crash diet my strength took a severe dip, but if I kept it at no more than a pound or so a week, strenght is relatively unaffected. Trust me, impatience has no place in the gym where progress is concerned, it will only shove you onto a huge weight gain/loss yo yo. Slow and steady is the way to go.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #47 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
To get the most out of your "cycle", I'd suggest cutting the creatine when you start. You'll see your reps drop slightly in the begining as the creatine clears out, but then prohormones will take over, and you'll get it back and then some. Save the cardio for a week or two into PCT, and crank the creatine back up after as well. You won't drop weight as fast, as the creatine will bring your water back up, but the muscle that you gained while "on" will burn more calories, and allow you to shed that fat without sacrificing too much strength. The key there is to take your time. Any time I've tried to crash diet my strength took a severe dip, but if I kept it at no more than a pound or so a week, strenght is relatively unaffected. Trust me, impatience has no place in the gym where progress is concerned, it will only shove you onto a huge weight gain/loss yo yo. Slow and steady is the way to go.

Thanks bro, I always appreciate the advice from you. I am taking it slow, working a good base past up for the last 8 months. Working a little harder the past few to get some strength back. I am happy with the results so far. I lost some bad weight I needed to and am now looking to get some size on me. Hopefully..... lol

post #48 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
Jared, go to Greg's board, and look at my food log. I'd definatel monitor your diet, and keep track of it for a while. In a month I've changed my eating style so much that I can't throw down as much food as I used to in one sitting if I tried. My stomach has definately gotten smaller. I'm now content with a six inch sub for one of my meals, where before it was a foot long and chips.

I didn't see a lot of weight loss in the begining either, but now in week four, it's been really dropping.

I'll check it out. Ya, I'm getting into a routine and I can obviously account for every bite I take. I have no doubt that I can keep that up, but I just wonder if I'm getting everything I need. I don't want to screw anything up by not getting enough protein or fat or carbs or whatever. Ha, I never thought I'd be saying anything like that!
post #49 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Very Interesting

a good measure for what you need to take in is as follows...

On your workout days
1 gram protein per lb bodyweight
1 gram carbs per lb bodyweight
.25 grams per lb bodyweight

On your non workout days
1.5 gram protein per lb bodyweight
.5 grams carbs per lb bodyweight
.25 grams fat per lb bodyweight

And keeping your calorie range in a deficit area, but not going overboard and cutting yourself down to the point of shocking your body into a starvation mode, and having your metabolism slow down. Eat every few hours, small meals, just enough to keep that metabolism working. I try to eat every 2 hours, evey if it's just a shake or a protein bar, something small just to keep the old body in work mode.

post #50 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
a good measure for what you need to take in is as follows...

On your workout days
1 gram protein per lb bodyweight
1 gram carbs per lb bodyweight
.25 grams per lb bodyweight

On your non workout days
1.5 gram protein per lb bodyweight
.5 grams carbs per lb bodyweight
.25 grams fat per lb bodyweight

And keeping your calorie range in a deficit area, but not going overboard and cutting yourself down to the point of shocking your body into a starvation mode, and having your metabolism slow down. Eat every few hours, small meals, just enough to keep that metabolism working. I try to eat every 2 hours, evey if it's just a shake or a protein bar, something small just to keep the old body in work mode.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to count calories and grams and shit. I guess if I figure it up once I can stick to that set routine. Thanks dude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement