help my tummy! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Where is Ms. Right?

help my tummy!

alright, age is getting to me. I'm 26 and now i'm getting a little bit of flab around the belly. Sux cuz I used to have a 6 pack. It doesnt help that we go out and drink 4 times a week but thats another story.

How can I lose this gut? Situps and crunches just get my abs hard. They're hard already but theres that little stuff thats hiding them? Besides stoping drinking, give me some suggestions? Running? Hydroxycut? stop eating macdonalds? I would say its at most 5 lbs. Not much but still, not used to being flabby

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

For starters, quit going out and drinking 4 times a week..

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Where is Ms. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
For starters, quit going out and drinking 4 times a week..
I try to but I fall into peer pressure The damn friends aren't any help.

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Lifer

Run. Run Run Run Run Run.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo
alright, age is getting to me. I'm 26 and now i'm getting a little bit of flab around the belly. Sux cuz I used to have a 6 pack. It doesnt help that we go out and drink 4 times a week but thats another story.

How can I lose this gut? Situps and crunches just get my abs hard. They're hard already but theres that little stuff thats hiding them? Besides stoping drinking, give me some suggestions? Running? Hydroxycut? stop eating macdonalds? I would say its at most 5 lbs. Not much but still, not used to being flabby
Stop drinking. Yes i see that you said besides drinking, but its the answer.
Eat better and run, run, run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Where is Ms. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike
Stop drinking. Yes i see that you said besides drinking, but its the answer.
Eat better and run, run, run.
Damn, so I already knew the answer...... no beer, eat healthy, and run. What if i switch from beer to say, vodka? Or is that the same shit?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Time Served

Sorry to say but you'll have to alter your lifestyle. Eating fast food & drinking 4 times a week don't belong in the same sentence as weight loss . . . that much should be apparent. Cut out the fast food (eat healthier at regular times) & if you must drink, limit yourself in quantity and stick to light beer. Since you've been drinking 4 times a week, you should be running 4 times a week at your optimal heart rate for fat burn around 60-75% of your max heart rate . . . somewhere around a 10 min warm up, 30 min or more run, 10 min cool down. Buying a heart rate monitor would be helpful . . . the ones on the treadmill are not to be entirely trusted. Don't forget plenty of fluids . . . water NOT beer. Have fun.

my regards
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo
Damn, so I already knew the answer...... no beer, eat healthy, and run. What if i switch from beer to say, vodka? Or is that the same shit?

Its not a solution by any means, but calorie wise, a few shots is better than 12 beers. Like stated, a lifestyle change is what is going to do it. no amount of working out is gonna overcome fast food and drinking that much.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Its not a solution by any means, but calorie wise, a few shots is better than 12 beers. Like stated, a lifestyle change is what is going to do it. no amount of working out is gonna overcome fast food and drinking that much.
What he said.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Time Served

Quit being lazy, I woke up at 4:30 this morning to run five miles.

98 GT- sold
99 WS6 cammed full bolt-ons- sold
00 zx6r- sold
04 GSXR 1000- sold
06 CBR 600RR- sold
04 KTM 525 supermoto, 540 big bore, 6 speed
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Run. Run Run Run Run Run.
what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i struggle with the gut myself,and its hard to do all this on my own i would like a work out partner just because, its kind of like a "booster" for me.
had a partner but i believe he PUSSED out
You can do crunches every day for the rest of your life but unless you change your eating regime and add some cardiovascular and weight bearing exercises you will not be able to drop inches or see any of those abdominal muscles youíve worked so hard on because they will be hidden under a layer of fat. You need to focus on eating lean proteins like fish, chicken and whey powder, along with various fruits and vegetables. Try to consume five healthy meals a day to boost your metabolism. If you donít consume enough calories your body actually goes into starvation mode and will store any foods you eat as fat. On the other hand you need to stay away from consuming alcohol and sugary foods as they can wreak havoc on your entire program. Next, you will have to begin an exercise program that consists of 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise, such as fast walking or biking, at least three days a week and 30 minutes of weight training exercise two days a week. Continue doing your crunches, but I suggest adding variety to your abdominal exercises so you can target the muscles at many different angles. Working the body as a whole with core training will not only strengthen your abdominal muscles but will help protect you from injuries and back pain. Invest in a quality exercise book, or better yet a personal trainer who has the knowledge to send you in the right direction.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Time Served

Quote:
i thought shots had the maybe a few less calories than light beer? and anything with alcohol will slow metabolism too i think. something else you could consider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement